It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Anybody!” St. Louis PD Indiscriminately Taser and Arrest People Walking Down Sidewalk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So, yesterday, Macman had a thread about the government wanting to introduce laws banning mentally ill or dangerous individuals from owning guns.

These mentally challenged and dangerous thugs fit the bill perfectly.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Grab Anybody!” St. Louis PD Indiscriminately Taser and Arrest People Walking Down Sidewalk

Once again, another sensationalized and misleading title finely tuned for brain dead emotional idiots who lack any sense of discernment whatsoever.

From the article:

People still motivated to bring attention to their cause had decided to leave the sidewalk and walk in the street.... when the commands given to leave the roadway were not met Lt Dan Zarrick made the decision to make arrests.

The cops were NOT "indiscriminately" tasing and arresting people walking down the sidewalk. They were arresting the people who refused to get off the street. The guy you can see getting tased, deserved to get tased. What else was the cop supposed to do, just let him avoid arrest by walking away?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Was that anti-dueling law passed before or after the Burr/Hamilton duel? I seem to recall that it was the mid-1830s before DC got around to outlawing the practice formally even though some jurisdictions had passed anti-dueling laws. But my last history class was a long time ago and I could be mistaken.

We weren't discussing the world, but the US, where this incident took place. The world doesn't have a document guaranteeing freedom of speech. We do. Getting back to living by the principles expressed within that document will take us toward a more perfect union, securing domestic harmony and all those other benefits of conforming to the tenets it sets forth. Under the direction of that document, we've even changed it several times as we have progressed as a society. And we've stumbled along the way and had to call for a "re-do" when the alcohol thing was proven a massive failure. My stance is that rather than going about tinkering with the constitution, we should be abolishing all laws that cause government to violate that very document.
That cop should be charged with armed assault. Any citizen who assaults another citizen, even with a boot, should also be charged with assault. Common decency says that it isn't okay to go around kicking people which whom you disagree. Most people learned that in the schoolyard.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Passive
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The boiling point is soon. Drive bys already happening to cops here.
www.wwltv.com...

There is an us against them mentality. A guy I grew up with since diapers became a police officer. Ever since recent events he has become cold to his non-cop buddies. My experience at least.

It'll go full tilt eventually. Cops just keep adding fuel to the fire.

They say why don't moderate Muslims speak out against radicals. Where in the hell are the moderate police speaking out against extremist cops.

Yea, yea, thin blue line and all that. Got ya.

EXACTLY! Where the hell are the cops speaking out against this crap? Its disgusting that they stick together like they do. The cops in the US deserve everything that is coming to them.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Good ol' boys in blue.

Funny thing is, they all seem to be wearing black nowadays.

It's an outstanding point. If the duty uniform was brilliant white, and you got a day's suspension for not having a perfect uniform ... they wouldn't wanna mess 'em up.

Leadership needs to not so much think outside the box ... but to look for solutions that work in other sectors of employment.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Glad to see some of the most corrupt cops in the nation living up to the reputation they've worked so hard to earn. They're sure making us St. Louisans proud the last few years.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

If the point was to get them off the streets then they succeeded. Why cattle prod further?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

300,0000,000 people here ,isolated issues like that are in larger cities and weird it isn't happening in all places.
Desacration of your national flag is embraced in Australia?
Weird.
edit on 2-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Once again, another sensationalized and misleading title finely tuned for brain dead emotional idiots who lack any sense of discernment whatsoever.

From the article:

People still motivated to bring attention to their cause had decided to leave the sidewalk and walk in the street.... when the commands given to leave the roadway were not met Lt Dan Zarrick made the decision to make arrests.

The cops were NOT "indiscriminately" tasing and arresting people walking down the sidewalk. They were arresting the people who refused to get off the street. The guy you can see getting tased, deserved to get tased. What else was the cop supposed to do, just let him avoid arrest by walking away?

Please put your glasses on and watch the video again because you missed a little something. These people were clearly on the sidewalk so the pig had no right to do anything to them much less tase them. These pigs should be arrested themselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You know, i never agreed with the term pig...but im very quickly chaning my views...very quickly indeed

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
so protest in the street until the cops move in, then jump on the sidewalk and turn on your camera phone.

results - cops arrest people for nothing.

Critical thinking indeed.

If you rob a bank you can still be arrested even if you make it to the sidewalk.

If you want to protest do it, but be strong in your convictions. Do not bitch out at the end as you actions bring the eventual consequences.

Protest on the sidewalk = smiling cops
Protest in the streets = tazed and arrested protesters

Impeding traffic is a crime, peaceful protest is not. How hard is that for people to understand?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Thank you for that!

You condensed my problems with the protests very well.

If you are in the street you are impeding the flow of traffic, which I think is still illegal. You can`t break the law and then whine about the consequences... that`s on the person choosing to break the law, not the LEO attempting to do their job of enforcing the law.

Choices do still have consequences, good or bad.

It`s no different than resisting arrest... you choose to do that, whatever happens after that to you is on YOU ! Your choice, your consequences. Personal responsibility seems to be a concept many have either forgotten or never learned.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It sounded like the woman on the ground was being tazed over and over because she wouldn't do what the cop wanted. She stated that she couldn't move because of being tazed, so the cop tazed her again. That makes no sense. GEEEZE ... if some cop pulled that on me I'd be dead. With my neurological issues ... I'd be dead. Just going on the video and nothing else ... insane!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

From the article:

I think the brain dead idiots are the people wondering what else is the cop suppose to do. wow
edit on 2-6-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I think 200plus summed it up pretty well.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This does seem pretty damning, but I can't condemn people when I have a video that shows nothing leading up to the event.

But, StL does seem to have some LEO problems, for sure...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

If the point was to get them off the streets then they succeeded. Why cattle prod further?

No the point was to get them off the street without having to resort to handcuffs and tasers. In that regard the police failed, but by no fault of their own. Perhaps people should stop acting like idiots and stuff like this wouldn't happen.

Next I'm sure someone will say the guy got tased for protesting, so let me clear that up now.... he got tased for resisting arrest, as you can see plain as day in the video.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I think the brain dead idiots are the people wondering what else is the cop suppose to do. wow

Well please explain to this idiot what he was supposed to do then. Just let him go because he didn't feel like getting arrested? Try again when he's feeling more cooperative?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No the point was to get them off the street without having to resort to handcuffs and tasers. In that regard the police failed

They did not even try..

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Ah.. Ok.. So Nazi racist bikers itching for killing some Muslims with assault weapons congregating in front of a mosque full of people (who fit the description for a target) including adolescents is ok.. I mean, someone might get killed by these nutsos but that's the risk of free speech carried out by Nazis in camo.. That's fine.. But someone disrespecting the flag where no innocent civilian may be physically injured or killed.. that deserves a boot.. Gotchya... I hope who delivers that boot ends up in with a broken jaw. Self defense.. Ya know?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join