It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Anybody!” St. Louis PD Indiscriminately Taser and Arrest People Walking Down Sidewalk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
Should I anticipate that the consequences will include being tazed by the LEOs?
Or molested by any governmental authority?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Nobody should have to expect that .

But if someone chose to do so. I would suggest they stand against a wall so some private citizen doesn't stick a size 12 work boot you know where.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
All i can say is , i have no plans to leave Australia and visit America anytime soon . Just wrong on many levals .

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Yeah it does. If it has a cost, it ain't free.
There is no freedom of speech if you have to expect to be lynched.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Ok...

Now, this video looks bloody awful of course, but what I want to know is this... What were these cops actually trying to achieve here? I mean, the only way to read this videos contents, is that randomly, and for no discernible reason, police officers just started grabbing up, tazing, and arresting folk on a whim, but that behaviour makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

I does not compute, there is no logical reason for them to have started to behave that way, what so ever. Obviously they did not feel threatened by these people, because all that was happening was that people were wandering around, which is not a threatening thing to do in the least. So what lead to a whole group of officers, deciding that the best thing to do would be to grab up everyone they could lay eyes on? What sort of situation calls for that kind of solution, and who trained this response into these officers?

Appalling police work, just terrible.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Yes.

You should also be afraid of getting in your car.

Number 1 cause of accidental deaths.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
So it isn't okay for a governmental employee to molest the citizen for his speech but it is okay for a private citizen to do so?
You are suggesting breaking the law (assaulting the speaker with said boot) in order to create respect for the flag which stands as a symbol of our country? That flag represents the very law your actions are contravening.
You do not as a private citizen have any more right to use violence than the cop does. Your violent actions are the same as stamping on the US Constitution, a document designed to create order and bring harmony to our society.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Yeah it does. If it has a cost, it ain't free.
There is no freedom of speech if you have to expect to be lynched.

Not what I meant.. The cost of talking is the words people hear and how it affects them and how they react..

I'll say it another way. I can get mad at you for saying something dickish.
And then you can choose your next words or choose any other options..

Free will exists but it has consequences, silly.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So the cop was just exercising his free will. Now I understand.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

So it isn't okay for a governmental employee to molest the citizen for his speech but it is okay for a private citizen to do so?

No it's not okay for either. But that doesn't mean it's highly unlikely it won't happen .

assaulting the speaker with said boot) in order to create respect for the flag which stands as a symbol of our country?

Nope not to create respect for the flag. I can't speak for anybody else but I would do it, for the satisfying sound of said boot coming out of said orifice .

edit on 2-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So the cop was just exercising his free will. Now I understand.

He was.. Hope he pays for that

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
And you would happily pay the fine imposed by the judge when found guilty of assault?
Because that's highly likely to happen I'm thinking.
I simply don't understand how anyone can justify violently breaking the law to uphold the symbol that represents the country, a country that prides itself on that same law. The courts have ruled many times. Freedom of speech is the freedom to express yourself without threat of harm from others.
You can exercise your own right of freedom of speech to express your disagreement in any form you wish. You can express disdain or contempt, you can write placards saying "Down with Flag Disrespect" and march in the streets. But you can't go around violently attacking people whose opinions and actions don't meet your standard. Otherwise you've just lowered yourself much further into the gutter than the guy "disrespecting" the flag. There is no "freedom to kick idiots" amendment. Maybe just an oversight by the founders?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

And would happily pay the fine imposed by the judge when found guilty of assault?
Because that's highly likely to happen I'm thinking.
I simply don't understand how anyone can justify violently breaking the law to uphold the symbol that represents the country, a country that prides itself on that same law. The courts have ruled many times. Freedom of speech is the freedom to express yourself without threat of harm from others.
You can exercise your own right of freedom of speech to express your disagreement in any form you wish. You can express disdain or contempt, you can write placards saying "Down with Flag Disrespect" and march in the streets. But you can't go around violently attacking people whose opinions and actions don't meet your standard. Otherwise you've just lowered yourself much further into the gutter than the guy "disrespecting" the flag. There is no "freedom to kick idiots" amendment. Maybe just an oversight by the founders?

And would happily pay the fine imposed by the judge when found guilty of assault? .

Yep!!!!

I simply don't understand how anyone can justify violently breaking the law to uphold the symbol that represents the country, a country that prides itself on that same law. The courts have ruled many times. Freedom of speech is the freedom to express yourself without threat of harm from others. You can exercise your own right of freedom of speech to express your disagreement in any form you wish. You can express disdain or contempt, you can write placards saying "Down with Flag Disrespect" and march in the streets. But you can't go around violently attacking people whose opinions and actions don't meet your standard. Otherwise you've just lowered yourself much further into the gutter than the guy "disrespecting" the flag. There is no "freedom to kick idiots" amendment. Maybe just an oversight by the founders?

Rather long winded post to say the same things you've already said. But your last sentence sums it up .

Nope no oversight our founding fathers would've probably shot them !

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Passive

You're right my friend. They can only push and take so much life and freedom before the inevitable happens.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

But only in duel. Which was a perfectly acceptable custom of their society. Hopefully, we've moved past seeing violence as the solution to disagreement.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Yes.

You should also be afraid of getting in your car.

Number 1 cause of accidental deaths.

Where did you come up with fear? Why the derail attempt?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

But only in duel. Which was a perfectly acceptable custom of their society. Hopefully, we've moved past seeing violence as the solution to disagreement.

Technically no .,,,,,, dueling was outlawed in 1804 many founding fathers were still alive .

Neither have we progressed as obvious by the current situations in the world .

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”
― Joseph Goebbels

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Getting violent over someone disrespecting the flag is more disrespectful to what it represents than burning.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo Tazers and guns have to be removed from all police until they can prove they know when and how to use them. These things happen multiple times, daily. It can even be a 1 day course in each precinct, but as long as this goes on, police should not have weapons.

It's THAT bad. It's been that bad for a long time. Everyone has their breaking point,but mine was when they drove up on the 12 year old in the park that had a toy gun and immediately shot him. Dead.

In the past year there were incidents before and after, but that was the one for me. One by one police must be mentally evaluated and undergo some type of customer service training.

edit on 2-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join