Conversation W/God

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Make of it what you will.

Conversation w/God

1. Why are there so many different religions & sects? Why so many different interpretations of Jesus and the Bible?
I speak in different languages so that I can reach different people. There is no one language that suits all people.

2. Was there a real Jesus, Son of God, who was born of a virgin & died on the cross only to be resurrected 3 days later?
It depends on what you define as “real.” We tell stories to suit the times and the people. There is a core to these stories that is true.

3. Are you then just a concept, a metaphor?
Hardly.

4. Is the Bible the literal word of God?
Everything is the literal word of God–because God wills everything into existence. But this does not mean that everything written should be followed as law. There are many genres–drama, comedy, tragedy, law, poetry, science. What you know as the Bible contains a core of law, dressed up in the psyche of the times.

5. Are we supposed to take everything in the Bible literally?
There is interpretation and then there is basic human morality. That the extinguishing of a life is a sad & terrible thing should be quite obvious; it is a concept hard-wired into human-beings but which can be distorted or removed almost entirely due to damage of the receiving unit (body), psychological trauma, or societal manipulation. Even a cavemen would look at the murdered body of another (which he even just clubbed himself) and feel that there was something amiss. The idea is to dig past all the detritus of time & space and get at these basic hard-wired human moralities.

6. Is heterosexuality (versus homosexuality) a basic human moral principle?
Exactly where in the 10 Commandments does it say “fa**otry is wrong”? (channeler's note: please excuse harsh language of God)

7. So you’re saying that the 10 Commandments are basic principles of human morality?
The first 5 are laws for the particular time at which it was written, and the second 5 are basic human moral concepts.

8. Why couldn’t the people of Moses’s time be free to worship whatever god they wanted to?
The masses were nowhere sophisticated enough to accept or know what to do with a laissez faire religion. They needed rules–to be told: do this and this and this and not this. To give them a defined God as opposed to a choice of gods was both a kindness in deference to their limitations and a assurance that they wouldn’t go completely mad & amoral and kill each other.

9. Are we sophisticated enough now?
Those who crow about being so damn sophisticated might not really be that sophisticated. Sophistication is the courage to listen to different points of view & synthesize. Sophistication is the courage not to need a rulebook–but to still uphold my basic tenets of human morality.

10. Was Mary really a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus?
It isn’t the point of anything. That’s just trivia.

11. Is there really a God?
Is there really a God?

12. Is there really a Jesus, as in “I accept Jesus as my Lord & Savior”?
In order for a religion (in the proper sense) to work the rules that form it must be followed and the stories within the Holy Book believed. Religions can be very helpful for living–but it must be thoroughly believed in. Why is Christianity so popular? Because it works–it is exquisite in giving people comfort and a purpose for living. A thorough and steadfast Faith projects one into the Garden before the Fall–and to poke holes at the Faith by seeking other religions or pursuing science is like the eating of the apple. One who has fatally poked holes into one’s one faith is cast out of the Garden. That’s why I said, “no Gods except me.” I was being kind.

13. How is it kind to lie to people?
It can be infinitely kind, I assure you.

14. So Christianity is a lie?
It is a reality to those who have faith. Everything hinges on faith. Faith is the glue of reality & the universe.

15. How is a person who has fatally poked holes into one’s own faith supposed to live their lives now?
Well, obviously, you can’t go home again. Better start to learn to accept paradoxes.

16. Is there a Satan?
Ask a policeman at a horrific murder scene.

17. But you willed the murder scene in question, right?
What? Are you talking about the Crucifixion?

18. Any evil in the world–it happens under your watch, right? And you’re omnipotent, so you create all–good & bad?
See what happens when you bite the apple?

19. Answer my question.
I am the Alpha & the Omega. I am beside myself.

20. Are we humans really the gods, who created the universe–each of us actively creating our own realities?
Obviously not, with all the suffering in the world.

21. Why exactly is there so much suffering in the world?
It’s all part of the plan.

22. You know, a lot of atheists who say that the answer you just gave is bull#.
When they are able to turn the Earth on its axis, tell them to call me.

23. Many months ago you told me that for all you cared, the Mormon Bible was the “correct” one. Why did you say that?
You really weren’t to be blabbing this all about town, you know. Not that most people would pay what you say much credence anyway. Except for the Mormons, of course.

24. Are the Jews the “Chosen People”?
The followers of every religion are that religion’s chosen people.

25. Why are so many people killed in your name?
Religion when properly followed–with complete, ironbound Faith–provides a level of security, comfort, and personal identity that is unmatched by anything else. People who present alternate views to these religions are the fatal hole-pokers of that Faith–and fatal hole-poking destroys Faith, destroys the security, comfort, and personal identity. Hence, non-believers are dangerous.

26. Maybe then we shouldn’t have any more religion.
The majority of humanity aren’t ready for that. You might as well blow up the Earth & put them out of their misery.

27. That’s harsh.
It is, isn’t it? That’s the point.

28. So billions of people are deluding themselves with religions that aren’t really “real.”
I’ll bet a lot of them are more happy than you are.

29. Since I have fatally poked holes in my own Faith, I really don’t know what the hell to do now. I really feel the need to follow something.
Maybe try a Gnostic approach? Your best bet is to just derive good bits of information from the various religions and viewpoints–I’ve seeded them all with core truths.

30. How do I know this whole dialogue isn’t just me talking to myself?
Because you aren’t this clever.





posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is the kind of intellectual exercise that is the whole joy of Godly thought. The form is ancient and true: "I ask thee, tell me that thou knowest, for thou cannot lie."

Men have spoken to God this way for thousands of years. Now, I see a woman speak this way to God, and it is excellent to see. Not only are the questions good, but the answers are too.

This kind of prophecy is the sure sign of a person who has established a sense of propriety and divinity. Speaking to God with the assurance of receiving new wisdom is the foundation of the divine intellect.

The more I investigate God, the more I find that spiritual forces can imitate God, or at least communicate facts to us. Divination, as it is called, is the mystical business of sages and wise souls. Socrates was said to be able to divine from the sounds of the environment, such as laughter, leaves, or children's voices.

I can do this too, but I think what I am really experiencing is the masterful eloquence of a spirit who uses the senses of other matters to convey a thought or image. Obviously, men would associate the intentions of benevolent spirits with that of the Supreme Good Lord, because all of His spirits and natures seem to agree with each other.

Malevolence and Benevolence seem to gather themselves to a common center in each. Great and Pure Good seems to be very similar no when or under what circumstances it occurs. The same can be said for very evil or dark intentions, they seem to have a common goal, or at least a common form.

We know from observation of the universe that truly massive and glorious objects tend to gather the rest of the universe about themselves. This might be true for spiritual matters also: The Original Good Thought became alive, and all life rejoices and orbits it. Evil departed from this goodness and formed its own kingdom.

The foundation of the Spiritual Universe is THOUGHT. The action of the mind and the development of its thoughts towards good or evil is what forms a being, and directs his evolution into the various realms of the spiritual universe. The mind is malleable, fragile, and changeable. Chemistry can alter its emanation, but thought and consciousness is NOT chemistry. The human essence, the Particle of Thought that exceeds matter, is not created by chemistry or biology. We have evolved a nature that exists in a higher form of matter.

Men's arrogance and pride has left him to suffer in this condition, being cut off from his potential, exiled from the universe and trapped on a single world around a star out in the fringes of the galaxy. He strikes his own species, divides his own household, and breaks apart his own cities. He has no other land to rule, so he turns inward, and breaks his own body apart with his own hands.

God answered your questions sensibly. Ask some really hard ones, and you will discover the nature of the spirit you were conversing with. Those who can do this really well become prophets.

Arky



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
More wishful thinking without any proof for any God. Its cute, but it only appeals to our emotions, and has no basis in reality. There is no evidence for a God, much less an ill-defined deity who watches over us and has "plans" for us, therefore, I dont believe in a God for the same reason I dont believe in the toothfairy. I also dont believe in God, because its about as meaningfull as believing in BOOGABOOGABOOGA. What is BOOGABOOGABOOGA? Nobody knows, much like a God.



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can only notice that your philosophy is a negative one! You cry against this and that, but offer nothing to fill the hole you make with your words.

Perhaps It is not God we are speaking with, but the divine portion of the human consciousness! That is the point of the young lady's conversation. Godly thought is that which considers what is and is not, and is unique to humankind, because humans are DIVINE. Divinity is a tangible thing, friend. Divinity is what makes a human better than an animal. Thought and Mind are Sacred and Divine. To explore anything with that in mind is to proceed with authority.

Arky



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
I can only notice that your philosophy is a negative one! You cry against this and that, but offer nothing to fill the hole you make with your words.

Perhaps It is not God we are speaking with, but the divine portion of the human consciousness! That is the point of the young lady's conversation. Godly thought is that which considers what is and is not, and is unique to humankind, because humans are DIVINE. Divinity is a tangible thing, friend. Divinity is what makes a human better than an animal. Thought and Mind are Sacred and Divine. To explore anything with that in mind is to proceed with authority.

Arky


Perhaps a hole does need to be filled, but it isnt a God shaped hole. I dont even know what you're talking about when you say we are divine. We are animals, we are just more complex animals.



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
We are not divine in any way. The facists and Nazi's believed they were divine and look what happened. Try not and go down those roads again



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Isn't this just some anon person putting words into gods mouth???



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Isn't this just some anon person putting words into gods mouth???


probably,
Watch "Who wrote the Bible" tomorrow night on Channel 4 (UK TV)



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am not sure how we can discuss things if you do not understand divinity.

Divinity is an aspect of the Intelligent Mind. An Animal is the biological mass that Intelligence uses to exist in the world.

The question becomes: Which is greater, the Mind, or the Body? The ignorant will consider them to be the same - That is what an animal is.

Divinity is the process of thought by which a man becomes greater than an animal, and becomes a god. Divinity can be the thought of goodness for a people, or a person, or an action done to another for the cause of good. The increase of Love and Peace and Wisdom is the prospect of divinity. Animalistic people make no allocation for divinity, they reguard it as a myth, they sneer at it and cannot discuss it.

Look at the foundation of civilization itself. The ideas and forms that brought mankind out of the wild is from DIVINE THOUGHT, which said "I will create a verdant bounty, when before there was only rough places."

The sciences and the arts of mankind are DIVINE in origin, they do not issue from the mouths of animals and trees. Not all men are equally foul, nor are all of our brothers sons of light and reason.

Divinity exists, is alive, and is crucial to the functioning of the Human species. Divinity is the part of us that keeps us from falling back into dust, and our thoughts into oblivion. To say that we are merely "complex animals" is wrong. That describes our bodies and biology only. Is a human being only his form and biology? What then, is thought? How can it continue to exist, even after the man who began it is returned to dust? How is it that his idea lives on?

Divinity is the part of a human mind that transcends the matter of our bodies, and takes up conversations with God. It reveals what was not known before, and guides mankind better than his basic senses. Divnity is Mind, and the Mind of man is divine.

Those who live in the body, rather than the mind, ARE animals, and deserve to be called such. Which are you?

Arkaleus

[Edit: Afterthought] You mentioned the Nazis before. I do not know any standard by which the National Socialists could be called "divine." Deception, Violence, and Propaganda are not the traits of divine masters, nor is it even the sign of enlightened social reform. Nazism was a effort of the unworthy few to sieze control over the many. It was a made-up thing to convince a people to do things they othewise wouldn't. They may have thought themselves divine, or given special authority, but Hitler still had to burn the Reichstag and break the windows of the Jews. Those things are not divine, nor could anyone who did them think themselves divine for it.







[edit on 24-12-2004 by Arkaleus]



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You have voted Cassie Clay for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.


Somehow Cassie, you always manage to out do yourself. And in turn always manage to make me give you a


Boba



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
I am not sure how we can discuss things if you do not understand divinity.

Divinity is an aspect of the Intelligent Mind. An Animal is the biological mass that Intelligence uses to exist in the world.

The question becomes: Which is greater, the Mind, or the Body? The ignorant will consider them to be the same - That is what an animal is.

Divinity is the process of thought by which a man becomes greater than an animal, and becomes a god. Divinity can be the thought of goodness for a people, or a person, or an action done to another for the cause of good. The increase of Love and Peace and Wisdom is the prospect of divinity. Animalistic people make no allocation for divinity, they reguard it as a myth, they sneer at it and cannot discuss it.

Look at the foundation of civilization itself. The ideas and forms that brought mankind out of the wild is from DIVINE THOUGHT, which said "I will create a verdant bounty, when before there was only rough places."

The sciences and the arts of mankind are DIVINE in origin, they do not issue from the mouths of animals and trees. Not all men are equally foul, nor are all of our brothers sons of light and reason.

Divinity exists, is alive, and is crucial to the functioning of the Human species. Divinity is the part of us that keeps us from falling back into dust, and our thoughts into oblivion. To say that we are merely "complex animals" is wrong. That describes our bodies and biology only. Is a human being only his form and biology? What then, is thought? How can it continue to exist, even after the man who began it is returned to dust? How is it that his idea lives on?

Divinity is the part of a human mind that transcends the matter of our bodies, and takes up conversations with God. It reveals what was not known before, and guides mankind better than his basic senses. Divnity is Mind, and the Mind of man is divine.

Those who live in the body, rather than the mind, ARE animals, and deserve to be called such. Which are you?

Arkaleus

[Edit: Afterthought] You mentioned the Nazis before. I do not know any standard by which the National Socialists could be called "divine." Deception, Violence, and Propaganda are not the traits of divine masters, nor is it even the sign of enlightened social reform. Nazism was a effort of the unworthy few to sieze control over the many. It was a made-up thing to convince a people to do things they othewise wouldn't. They may have thought themselves divine, or given special authority, but Hitler still had to burn the Reichstag and break the windows of the Jews. Those things are not divine, nor could anyone who did them think themselves divine for it.







[edit on 24-12-2004 by Arkaleus]


Uh. Okay, so divinity=charity work? Walking an old lady across the street? Holding doors open for girls so you might have a shot at sleeping with them? I dont understand what "divinity" means to you, or how you can judge what is "good" and what is "bad". Elephants make art, they paint with their trunks, are they divine?

We are only biology, this thing you keep refering to is all inside your brain, there are no halos floating above your head and there are no angels watching over your shoulder making sure you dont trip on a crack. We have complex brains, "thought" orginates from your brain, everything you do is first thought up inside your brain. Take away your brain, and you are nothing.

Which one am I? Im a human, like everyone else. I live in my body, I think with my extremely complex brain. Sometimes, I help other people, because my brain is complex enough to realize that helping other people ensures a stable society and contributes to our survival. It simple terms, it just feels "good". It release endorphins into my brain and raises my serotonin levels, building up my immune system and helping me sleep at night. Ideas live on through other people, they pass ideas on, the same way a mother bear passes on survival techniques to her cub.

You keep on mentioning this thing called God. What is it? What is "God"? Words are meaningless if you cant define them. Can you please define God?



posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You paint a great picture of our animal natures.

Snort snort, oink oink, grunt grunt. I will scrape my paws over this document after I go root for grubs and legumes. I am a human after, all! Isn't it right that I should be consider myself a beast?

Divinity is what separates mankind from animals. Mankind can consider the totality of the universe he lives in. A painting elephant doesn't quite meet the threshold of a divine creature. It's an elephant.

I think you need to study for yourself what divinity is. I can't explain it to you, just like I cannot explain it to the elephant.

Go study divine people. The Catholics keep track of theirs, so start there. When we call divine is a spiritual matter. If you don't understand or accept spiritual things, then you aren't going to be successful in your study -- all you will see is the physcial matter of this world.

Arkaleus



posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
You keep on mentioning this thing called God. What is it? What is "God"? Words are meaningless if you cant define them. Can you please define God?


If it makes you feel any better, God told me that he's an atheist too. He has zero problem with atheism. But yesterday he said that those Jack Chick tracts, while innocuous, don't really do it for him.



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
does god accept any true athiests into heaven





top topics
 
0

log in

join