It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa, Oklahoma Man Shot, Accused of "Shoving" Trooper...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
In that video, I see two officers yelling assertively (like they're trained to do...and I'm sure it wasn't exactly quiet there) a simple request for two guys to get out of the water. They absolutely ID'ed themselves as officers, and it didn't seem to matter to the two guys, as they approached with aggressive body language and at least one continued into an assault on an officer. Absolutely dumb move.

But I agree with Boscowashisnamo (bolded by me):

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
What cannot be seen clearly is the suspect's actions after starting the physical confrontation. Did he try to incapacitate the PO, or go for his gun? Did the deceased mans actions necessitate lethal force?

Until the incident is clarified, it's a little early to chalk it up to a "death sentence" meted out by over-reactive LE.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I spent 12 years in the Coast Guard, 10 as a rescue swimmer, and I can tell you first hand that flood waters are no joke. I don't know every thing that happened, but I do know that a cops job is to protect the public. Even if that means protecting you from yourself. Flood waters can hit you fast and you're gone. Then someone else has to risk their life to save yours. Not to mention the cost of that rescue, and I don't mean money cost. I mean what if they are busy trying to rescue you from something you did, meanwhile some family is trapped by some unexpected flash flood. The rescue team is tied up pulling your dumb butt out and don't make it to the family in time. So this family died because of something stupid you did.

I don't care how that office spoke to them, they had no reason to come at them like that period. I also don't care what church they go to, it has nothing to do with it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join