It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US arming ISIS? Iraq Loses 2,300 Armored Humvees to ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I bring this up often and people get so offended. The usa inadvertently armed them. They armed the Nusra in Syria and gave supplies to the Iraq army. ISIS is a combination of nusra and a "political" group in iraq. All there gear was from America, Turkey, i think France and many other places. The idea of arming both groups was Nusra was kind of serving America in a proxy war in Syria...they were being armed as long as they followed America's agenda. Well things changed and now ISIS is doing its own thing...and it is America's fault among many others. And ISIS unfortunately removed anything good that the nusra or the iraqi political group did have and are now full blown fanatics.

America's war in Iraq completely destabilized that area. And as a result 2 groups who were once working with America turned on them and became ISIS.

This is my understanding of it and im open to any other new info but people get so touchy on here when I write this stuff for some reason. If it makes someone feel better then say "America was betrayed" instead of "it was their fault". Id wager both statements are true.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
a reply to: Greathouse

Bosnia:
www.theguardian.com...

The Pentagon has secretly shipped tens of thousands of small arms from Bosnia to Iraq in the past two years, using a web of private companies, at least one of which is a noted arms smuggler blacklisted by Washington and the UN.
According to a report by Amnesty International, which investigated the sales, the US government arranged for the delivery of at least 200,000 Kalashnikov machine guns from Bosnia to Iraq in 2004-05. But though the weaponry was said to be for arming the fledgling Iraqi military, there is no evidence of the guns reaching their recipient.

You really don't see where your logic fails? It amazes me how some people can be so nearsighted .

Going by your thoughts, The Soviet Union help fund the Taliban after all the Talliban was using captured equipment from the Soviet occupation .

Furthermore following your logic. Russia armed the new Ukrainian Government after all they are using Russian . equipment .

I really can't dumb it down anymore than that. Your logic is a complete fallacy .

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Read my last last reply it applies more to you than anyone .

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Read my last last reply it applies more to you than anyone .

It's a fallacy to conclude that "our enemies" wouldn't have said weapons if they had never been produced and distributed in the first place?

Ok...

So, who's responsible then? Who should we direct our blame towards so we can all feel better about ourselves?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yes the US is for a big part responsible for weapons or gear which ISIS is using. Not for every weapon they use of course.
They also (and some EU countries) funded ISIS (although they where called moderate terrorists still) to fight Assad for example (with which more weapons could be bought or whatever).
And that's this topic about that the US successfully for a big part armed ISIS but you don't agree with that?

So for example if the US would leave behind a nuke and ISIS would use that, it's not the US fault following your logic?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You really don't get it?

I agree with that point. But why single only America out. Everybody else does it or do you live in a bubble?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Your logic is skewed brother .

The US armed Iraq. Iraq got defeated in battles and Isis captured their equipment . The same scenario has happened in every war throughout history . If you defeat somebody and they have something better you use it .

Seriously you seem pretty bright you have to understand that don't you?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
At least the yellow belly Iraqi Army could use these to retreat rather than leaving them behind...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You really don't get it?

I agree with that point. But why single only America out. Everybody else does it or do you live in a bubble?

I don't get it but you agree?

Maybe if you could point out who else is responsible I wouldn't be so confused. Someone mentioned Turkey, I believe.

Any others?

ETA: But where does Turkey get their American-made weapons?

Honduras?
edit on 6/1/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The US isn't alone in arming ISIS, our Nato ally Turkey is doing the same, in spades.

I am sure the UK including Australia and Canada have pirltched in as well.

ISIS is basically the Wests all-star team.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I get your point, I was just general speaking.

Even before arming current Iraq to fight ISIS ISIS already had tons of humvees, or toyota's with machine guns mounted. I believe they got most of the toyota's from SA who wanted to get rid of Gaddafi.
When leaving Afghanistan for example they just left tons of gear. It's cheaper deploying somewhere else with new gear then airlift the old, often they need repairs and so on.

Arming (current) Iraq just proved another failure in their strategy's. Seems even with the first war against Iraq they where already fleeing let alone now. The little love and the will to fight (with a change to die) for their country has become even less. But at least they get paid I presume...

I said from the beginning- before the Iraq war what the outcome would be, chaos and a never ending story of suffering. A fire spreading becoming bigger.
Even something like arming Iraq to fight ISIS only made it worse.. that's just amazing.

But hey like Bush said;

'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

edit on 1-6-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

You really don't get it?

I don't get it but you agree?

Maybe if you could point out who else is responsible I wouldn't be so confused. Someone mentioned Turkey, I believe.

Any others?

ETA: But where does Turkey key get their American-made weapons?

Honduras?

That shows how your mind is still on a single tract. Maybe do a little research instead of believe a YouTube video or a blog ? That's my whole point where did turkey get it's Russian weapons from or do you just want to leave this fact in the equation out and just present your side?

Breaking into the arms markets of Turkey, Greece and Cyprus was one of the biggest successes of Russian arms and military hardware exporters in the 1990s. The penetration of this market has been accompanied by quality marketing research taking into account the peculiarities of the economic and political situations in these countries, which have traditionally been the domain of western arms manufacturers. Sales have already reached about $1 billion. And the groundwork has been laid for new contracts, subsequent servicing and modernization of military hardware. However, far from all plans to promote Russian arms sales in Turkey, Greece and Cyprus have been realized. Sometimes this has been due to objective reasons, but there have also been miscalculations by Russian exporters themselves. Therefore, it is worth taking a look at the nature of the arms markets in these Mediterranean countries, and the grounds for and limits to the development of military cooperation with them. Nature of regional arms market Western Europe in general is a very difficult region for Russian arms exporters to work in1. The successful promotion of Russian weapons and hardware in the countries of this region requires skilful use of the differences and conflicts among NATO members, as well as playing off the competition between U.S. and Western European arms manufacturers. Russia should take advantage of the relative economic and technological weaknesses of these Mediterranean countries, as well as its continued political influence as a permanent member of the UN Security Council. There is a whole set of factors that determine the current military build-up and arms import policies of Turkey, Greece and Cyprus:

Moscow defense brief

Everybody arms everybody,enemies capture your weapons and use them . Happens all the time, to connect the types of weapons directly to a government because of where they were made . Is completly ignoring long established fact and simple logic and more likely derives from a single minded Obsession to distort facts and misrepresent events to satisfy a personal hatred .

:
edit on 1-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

They not only outgun but outmanoeuvre the Iraqis, I'm sorry, someone's arming and training them.

I remember when that US politician or senator (I don't know who anyone is over there) was telling the world for the first time about ISIS at a press conference, saying tings like, "these are no 2-bit terrorist outfit...they're waaay more advanced than anything you can imagine". It sounded phoney to these ears, like he was reading a movie script.

And why all this angst about "No boots on the ground!"? Jesus, they don't need much of an excuse normally. I've smelt a rat for a long time; something big is going on behind the curtains and they're not telling.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

"Well, everyone else is doing it..." excuses global arms dealing? Are we back in middle school?

Anyway...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You have some severe problems with reading comprehension don't you?

Edit; just wanted to explain that comment. I am currently being double teamed on two threats speaking to four different members . I have been able to understand and follow their complete thoughts in all cases .

I would not single out their last response and apply it to their positions like you did with your last response .

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
a reply to: [post=19406175]game over man[/post

2) The complete ineptitude of the current American administration, who prematurely pulled out all combat forces to make a political point (ie. to cement what Obama thought would be his "legacy" of ending the Iraq War)...all the while knowing full well about ineptitude No.1.

The peace treaty to pull America out of Iraq was signed by Bush. Obama wanted to keep troops in Iraq but wanted them above Iraqi laws. When Iraq said no, Obama said 'Peace out"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Foreign aid must cease.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: mobiusmale

This is far beyond mere ineptitude.

Drones could take ISIS out. As could carpet bombing. Mass columns of vehicles (Humvees or otherwise) are a turkey shoot from the air, as per the Gulf War. Why is this not done ?

To this day, Obama is putting pressure on Egypt to allow the Muslim Brotherhood back in power, despite the fact they were deposed by a popular revolt, the people of Egypt.

Why ?

The only explanation is the obvious one: Obama is an Islamist.

Who cares if he his? The pentagon supplying arms to religious extremists seems to be outside of Obama's control.

The Pentagon can only be doing it BECAUSE they are under Obama's control.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I would suggest it might not be good for your health to walk around Australia saying that we are arming Isis , i sure the same goes for the other 2 .
edit on 2-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The military industrial complex and the PTB need this war in a big way. So ya they are letting these scumbags grow and get better weapons. The economy and the dollar are in big trouble real inflation is out of control and truth be told it can only go on like this for a couple more years before the lower wage earners are rendered right out of the economy. They will not be able to afford food and housing and will need ever growing bailouts.

Fear is starting to wear off and the bottom dwellers need a new boogie man to point at and say........Get em.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join