It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault on the ecosytem of Pagan Island!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The US Pentagon has a new idea for war games.
They want to pummel this tiny yet biodiverse island with ground troops,mortars,B-52 bombs(!)for at least 16 weeks of every year:

What are they fighting though,as no humans live on the 10 mile island?
Well,its war games see,and screw the rare lifeforms who happen to live on the island.

Pagan island is a biologically diverse island, nearly three-quarters of the way to the Philippines from Hawaii, is home to wildlife that includes an endangered fruit bat, endemic birds, huge spiders, lizards, and a rare tree snail. The island has been mostly uninhabited since 1981, when its population was evacuated because of volcanic eruptions

What says Michael Hadfield, a biologist at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, who spent time on the island documenting the wildlife on behalf of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service?

Hadfield, a self-described conservational biologist who also administers the website SavePaganIsland.org, wrote in an op-ed that Pagan Island is a “biological treasure house."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Look Pentagon,we know you want to intimidate China,but for petes sake WHY destroy an entire self contained ecosystem to do that?
Its worse than childish behaviour IMO.
Grow TF up,and stop needlessly blowing up rare bugs and frogs-maybe ISIS would be better for target testing,just an idea..

Anyhow,
Anyone who is interested,go to the link for more info,the locals from nearby islands have a petition I think.

Sorry,probably should have put this in the rant forum maybe-but it is a fragile earth issue IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I see this as the following;

China - building new populated islands to demonstrate economic power and establish new international borders.

USA - blasting away at uninhabited islands with munitions to demonstrate military power.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is sad news.
I hope they get told to stick their bombs where the sun don't shine.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Why don't they just send out another round of anthrax to the all the critters on the island. These jackass's can't even defend their own building or maintain adequate security cameras as illustrated on 9/11. And they never accounted for the missing 2.3 Trillion Dollars, same era.

edit on 1-6-2015 by ugmold because: typo

edit on 1-6-2015 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

This island has huge spiders you say?

I say... let the US go to town on this one!

Get some!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
I see this as the following;

China - building new populated islands to demonstrate economic power and establish new international borders.

USA - blasting away at uninhabited islands with munitions to demonstrate military power.

Yep,that is it in the horrid nutshell of reality stormcell.
Someone tell the Pentagon there is this thing called the internet,where you can show off your bombs and balls with streaming video at all your US test sites.

You don't have to bomb an island near China anymore to show your power.

Leave those critters on Pagan island alone.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
The US Pentagon has a new idea for war games.
They want to pummel this tiny yet biodiverse island with ground troops,mortars,B-52 bombs(!)for at least 16 weeks of every year:

Pagan island is a biologically diverse island, nearly three-quarters of the way to the Philippines from Hawaii, is home to wildlife that includes...huge spiders...

Uh, if they want to use my tax dollars to bomb 'huge spiders' then have at it.

edit on 1-6-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Huge spiders?

Bombs away.

small spiders?

Bombs away.

Seriously though, there are many an island that doesn't even have big spiders on it... Use that.

Errrr...spiders. Not sure that's the way to get me on your side...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Uh, if they want to use my tax dollars to bomb 'huge spiders' then have at it.

I do hear you AM.I know a lot of folks are spider haters,but what if one of those spiders contained a cure for malaria or cancer?
Should the Pentagon bomb the island,risking the extinction of such a spider or other bug,without scientists reseaching the creatures first?
We could bomb away our future disease busting compounds before we even discover them.

BTW
If you are real spider phobic,get a big tarantular to sit on your tummy while you relax.
Fight the fear.
It will just chill out on your warm tum if you relax..
Spiders are far more scared of you than you can be of them.

To spiders,you are a weird moving continent sized giant beast with 4 of your limbs and 6 of your eyes missing.
They fear you.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A volcanic eruption will be many times more devastating than any war gaming they do. The island is doomed, don't blame the military.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Beautiful place, and deffinately a treasure chest of mother earth.

If US bomb and destroy this ecosystem, assuming the OP and source are not super exaggerations, I wage war on US lol.

As a citizen of Earth, your waging a war on my mother, my source for life and experience in the universal creation.

As for why not ISIS? Can't be bombing your own fundings, that's called counterproductive!

The leaders of this species, choose to be rotten and disgusting. Choose war. Choose profit. Choose deceit, manipulation, division, competition etc.

Rather choosing to be cooperative, engaging woth the planet it's species and the different spectrum of humans who share this fragile earth we live upon.

It's all choice. Those we give our power to, choose to be evil, instead of fixing everything with our tax paying dollars and hardwork.

This planet could be healed, restored, humanity could be harmonic and cooperative.

That could be the choice.

join