It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican's leave Rand Paul twisting in the Wind on Our Security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Have you ever tried to give somebody a high five.

Only to have them leave you hanging ?

Rand Paul knows what it feels like.

It appears our Liberty is a joke and we are being paranoid.

First they got caught collecting everything off a couple warrants.

Then the person we trusted to tell us the truth (Clapper)....Lied

The President and Nancy Pelosi.....Lied

We have been sold out. Rand Paul at least had the guts to tell us.

I never support either party. But, if I get a chance. I would vote for Rand.

edit on 1-6-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

He's the best Republican in the running. If Republicans hate a Republican running for nomination . He must be doing something right .

edit on 1-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

He's the best Republican in the running. If Republicans hate a Republican running for nomination . He must be doing something right .

Not a single Senator joined him.

That loser and war monger Lindsey Graham rolled his eyes.

Funny, I had the same reaction when he announced this morning.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have some problems with some of Rands positions but he currently has my vote on "guts" alone. I admire honor, honesty and courage!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I posted a theory in another thread. Looking at the poll results now for Republicans running against Hillary. Both Rubio and Paul fair the best.

I think Paul/Rubio may be running on the platform to force the Republicans hands to nominate one of them.

If around nomination time One of them out distances the other Republicans against Hillary . The Republican Party may be forced to nominate one of them when they face the realization that no other Republicans can defeat Hillary .

My preference would be Rand Paul but if push came to shove I would vote for Rubio in the election .
edit on 1-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As usual, you are correct.....All of the mid term lies we were told to get elected...then turn and stab us in the back....the only repub I like is Paul, And that the fact he has no other republican on his side tells me he is the man to stop this high speed train wreck. but the machine may not like his tone, and the evil/powerful may look for a weakness or manufacture one....hope he stays on course...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I posted a theory in another thread. Looking at the poll results now for Republicans running against Hillary. Both Rubio and Paul fair the best.

I think Paul/Rubio may be running on the platform to force the Republicans hands to nominate one of them.

If around nomination time One of them out distances the other Republicans against Hillary . The Republican Party may be forced to nominate one of them when they face the realization that no other Republicans can defeat Hillary .

My preference would be Rand Paul but if push came to shove I would vote for Rubio in the election .

I couldn't begin to decide which one any of these lying shills to vote for. They all say the same stuff, they all make promises they know they can't deliver. That's because if a Republican gets the White Hut, the US population will turn around and vote in a gridlock Congress; same if Hilary wins.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
As usual, you are correct.....All of the mid term lies we were told to get elected...then turn and stab us in the back....the only repub I like is Paul, And that the fact he has no other republican on his side tells me he is the man to stop this high speed train wreck. but the machine may not like his tone, and the evil/powerful may look for a weakness or manufacture one....hope he stays on course...

To see a single American Senator stand up to the People that stole our Liberty.

It made me feel good. To watch the others cower and run for cover.

It was a good day for our Liberty.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer

I look to history for my answers most of the time. I have also come upon the realization that Paul's stance against the party closely resembles Teddy Roosevelt stance when he formed the bull Moose party .

Roosevelt left office in 1909. He had selected Taft, his Secretary of War, to succeed him as presidential candidate, and Taft easily won the 1908 presidential election. Roosevelt became disappointed by Taft's increasingly conservative policies. Taft upset Roosevelt when he used the Sherman Anti-Trust Act to break up U.S. Steel. During his own presidency, Roosevelt had approved J.P. Morgan-owned U.S. Steel as a "good" trust.[2] They became openly hostile, and Roosevelt decided to seek the presidency.

Roosevelt entered the campaign late, as Taft was already being challenged by progressive leader Senator Robert La Follette of Wisconsin.

Roosevelt far outpolled Taft in the primary elections which were held in a few of the more progressive states. But Taft had worked far harder than TR to control the Republican Party's organizational operations and the mechanism for choosing its presidential nominee, the 1912 Republican National Convention. So, despite Roosevelt's last-minute attempt to block Taft's re-nomination, the party re-nominated Taft in June.[3] Before the final vote, Roosevelt had said that he would accept a presidential nomination from a new, "honestly elected", convention. He ordered pro-Roosevelt Republican convention delegates to abstain from voting, in rebuke of Taft's "steamroller tactics". The next day, Roosevelt supporters met to form a new political party of their own. California governor Hiram Johnson became its chairman, and a new convention was scheduled for August.[4] Magazine publisher Frank A. Munsey provided $135,000 ; George W. Perkins, a director of U.S. Steel and Chairman of the International Harvester Company — one of the trusts Taft had attacked — gave $130,000 and became its executive secretary. Roosevelt's family gave $77,500 and others gave $164,000. The total was nearly $600,000, far less than the major parties.[5][6]

Bull Moose party

If Paul does not get the nomination, I would support him if he formed a third-party. Teddy Roosevelt's Bullmoose party was the best chance we had in the 20th century to form an actual opposition to the two-tiered party system .

He probably wouldn't win as a third party nominee this term. But if something similar happens we might be watching the birth of a third-party .

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I couldn't begin to decide which one any of these lying shills to vote for. They all say the same stuff, they all make promises they know they can't deliver. That's because if a Republican gets the White Hut, the US population will turn around and vote in a gridlock Congress; same if Hilary wins.

Then you have obviously neither looked into the history or stances that Rand Paul has spoken for since 1992 . But as usual one person always shows up with the same defeatist attitude in every political thread .

Someone always shows up to say it is useless. And those comments almost every time lead to derailment of a political thread .

Myself I prefer to work on fixing it instead of giving up . Any chance we could talk about the issues this thread and not the futility ?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'd be with you in supporting a major third party. Unfortunately, as you stated, I don't see this coming to fruition. People like you and I are in the minority. Most people are too worried about what dress Bruce Jenner will wear in his next interview.
edit on 6/1/2015 by newWorldSamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I will repeat, this is proof that the Republican party is no longer the party of conservatives.....

The republican party is progressive lite.........

I hope he gets elected under the republican ticket and the rest of the republicans are forced to either join the democrats or make another party...
edit on 6/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%.

We must remain aware that WE THE PEOPLE elected each and every one of those who stole our liberty. They duped us and hopefully, we will remember this when voting in future polls.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Of course no politician was going to join him. Politicians are dirty, with bodies (not skeletons) in their closet.

The NSA and other intelligence departments can blackmail the HELL out of these guys. It's in their best interest to keep the FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, ATF, ect happy.

They don't just collect OUR information, they also have gobs of it on everyone serving in public office. Rand Paul must not be worried about scandals leaking out... (I expect to hear about a few in the upcoming months)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Honesty is kryptonite to the average politician. Go, Rand!
After reading some of the things he's said I wonder if he's just a Republican in name only. Seems he'd be more suited to another party completely.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Honesty is kryptonite to the average politician. Go, Rand!
After reading some of the things he's said I wonder if he's just a Republican in name only. Seems he'd be more suited to another party completely.

Unlike his father he realizes it's a Two Party Game.

With the nameless faceless people in the Electoral College.

The game is rigged and even if every American voted for a third party.

The Electoral College is bought and paid for by the Two Parties.

A third party would not garner a single vote in the College.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I will repeat, this is proof that the Republican party is no longer the party of conservatives.....

The republican party is progressive lite.........

I hope he gets elected under the republican ticket and the rest of the republicans are forced to either join the democrats or make another party...

Neither Party deserves to be in power.

I have never seen a larger collection of cowards running for President.

The only candidate with any guts at all...gets slimed.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So true, unfortunately. The game is rigged. I'm to the point where I don't think that voting even matters.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
So true, unfortunately. The game is rigged. I'm to the point where I don't think that voting even matters.

It only matters for local elections.

I once saw a list of Electoral College delegates.

It is a Birthright for these people. When I learned about the College in High School.

I was quickly disillusioned and disappointed to find out our vote for President.

Was more rigged than a Carnival Game...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Didn't this last one involve deceased voters and hacked machines? I thought I read something about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join