It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of someone who is dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Last night I had a strange dream. To start, it couldn't be a past point of view because of the way I saw myself. It was an older me. You could see the years of abuse consuming me. Gray hair at twenty five frightened me. Yet there I was, waiting for an arrival. For what or who was still unknown. Then he appears, a man I hold dear to me. How was this possible, he had been gone almost a year to the day? Yet, he looked so alive and healthy. I don't remember much of anything else. A few distant words, a flash of light. I was somewhere else, I heard chatter in the background. I was awake.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

Be careful when you dream of the deceased and are in a dark place yourself. Sometimes dark forces will masquerade as someone you knew and trusted to take advantage of you. It's important to pay attention to the context of the dream to try to figure out what might be going on.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

How was this possible, he had been gone almost a year to the day? Yet, he looked so alive and healthy. I don't remember much of anything else. A few distant words, a flash of light. I was somewhere else, I heard chatter in the background. I was awake.

Awesome, the best visits are friends passed on. Often reported, they impress upon our conscious memory, sometimes vague (a few distant words).

Are they saying goodbye? Showing us a possibility of after life? We'll meet again?

imo, all of the above.

Enjoy that when it happens.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for clarifying. It all makes sense in my eyes now. If this is true. So be it... Nothing can be undone, the balance is forever.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How did it make you feel?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

Strange. Enlightened. Fruitful. Passionate. Excited. Probably every emotion a being can possess.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
They visit us two ways in dreams...
1.) They 'walk on' to an existing dream...essentially passing through.
2.) Rarer, but more rewarding, they can structure a specific dream with a message for us. More personal interaction with them takes place within these.

Almost always, they appear more youthful and healthier.

Ketsuko is right, other (darker) forces can masquerade as them, playing upon our grief and sadness to cause fear or pain.
My first wife passed away from breast cancer 15 years ago. She was young when she died.
Several months after, I awoke to find her lying beside me in bed...her back was turned to me...but I reached for her to hold her close...and she turned to looked at me for a kiss...just as I moved to kiss her, she turned from a beautiful young woman to a hideous, evil-looking corpse.
She laughed wickedly...and then vanished.
I have never been so frightened in my life and couldn't sleep for several nights after.

I have experienced all types of these visitations.
edit on 1-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 1-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 1-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I had a dream a while back about a friend who is dead. In the dream, we were all out having some drinks like we all used to - just having fun together. While in this dream, I suddenly realized that this friend of mine was actually dead and I woke up suddenly. I guess when I realized the impossibility of the situation, my mind didn't know what to do so I woke up.

No message, no goodbye, no peek at the "other side" - just a random dream about people I know and knew.

The majority of dreams are just your random thoughts being put together in dream form for no reason at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces
Last night I had a strange dream. To start, it couldn't be a past point of view because of the way I saw myself. It was an older me. You could see the years of abuse consuming me. Gray hair at twenty five frightened me. Yet there I was, waiting for an arrival. For what or who was still unknown. Then he appears, a man I hold dear to me. How was this possible, he had been gone almost a year to the day? Yet, he looked so alive and healthy. I don't remember much of anything else. A few distant words, a flash of light. I was somewhere else, I heard chatter in the background. I was awake.

I am always grateful when I dream of departed loved one. It's nice to be able to visit for a spell.

You'll know if the dream is more then a dream by the feel of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How about happy, peaceful, content, loving ; )

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I wish I could dream of someone.
If dreams are just random bits of a person's day and if my days are consumed with thoughts of them it seems logical that I would have dreamed of them.
I read somewhere that dreams are a way for the mind to "cleanse" itself and work out issues on a deeper level. It just doesn't seem (in my experience) that that is what's happening all of the time.

It is odd to me that I haven't dreamt of this person and wish truly that I would.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The night my grandpa Clark died, I was about 12. He was in a hospital a few miles away, I didn't know his condition was grim, but he came to me and said, I'm with Grandma now. Plus he gave me some info about the location of a family heirloom, which turned out to be exactly true. I would have never had this info any other way. I could further explain, adding another layer of realism, but trust me, it's true. Look up my other posts here, I'm not clowning around.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Sounds like you should start taking care of yourself, because it seems to me your friend is telling you that you're going to live to be an old man/woman.

edit on 1-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That would be nice.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I used to have a very negative reaction whenever the deceased showed up in my dreams. No matter what was going on, as soon as I saw them I would begin shouting at them that they're dead and don't belong here and then they would leave. It wasn't like I was scared, in fact I felt more mad than anything. i have control over my dreaming now so I don't react that way anymore. I also have a much different view of death that I did before. Occasionally I am bisited in my dreams by my grandmother. She doesn't pop up too often. I think she knows it makes me sad. I'm still waiting for a visit from my grandfathers. They both died the summer of 2011 about 5 weeks apart. I'm sure that they'll visit me when the time is right.

To the OP I say embrace these dreams but make sure you are dealing with the right people and aren't being tricked. Try to pay attention to what is going on. Take care...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
She came to me in my dreams.
It wasn't what I had expected would happen when it finally did.

It has left me shaken and confused and profoundly sad.

I haven't been thinking about her/him/them anymore than usual, I don't believe. Perhaps it's the upcoming holidays.

I always struggle with those.

Who knows? It's not what I had hoped it would be. How and why can a dream at 3:30 in the morning affect someone so deeply?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I read somewhere that dreams are a way for the mind to "cleanse" itself and work out issues on a deeper level. It just doesn't seem (in my experience) that that is what's happening all of the time.

I believe dreaming is more about realigning oneself to what one believes is true. During the day a person might interact to many people and get exposed to different truths, even oneway through television, radio or internet. Others might have different truths and those might get into the mind and have to be disproven. If others truth is too convincing and the dreamer has too little information one's own truths might become less important and the others' more important and a person might change. But during dreams the mind argues against foreign truths, also like a test to see if it is better than what one has. Ofcourse this doesn't always work out or take the dreamer to a better world perspective.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The right thing for any spirit to do is move on and not move back (to this existence). But I do believe some do this anyway because it might be the person they want to contact might become aware of a next existence and prepare for it so they might end up in a better place. Like a chance at spiritual progress, but without sermons or any story from a living person who can't know what is in the next place, or even if there is because of lack of any proof. Not that a dream is proof, except to the dreamer.

originally posted by: IAMTAT
They visit us two ways in dreams...
1.) They 'walk on' to an existing dream...essentially passing through.
2.) Rarer, but more rewarding, they can structure a specific dream with a message for us. More personal interaction with them takes place within these.

I believe it's more like a telephone system or the internet with IP adresses and routers. The number of a soul is made up of the truths that soul believes in, what makes up the soul and only people who know that soul can dial it's number.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

Dreams are dreams. Don't take them too seriously.

I've had dreams of people i knew who passed away. They are always different in how they communicate with you. For example 'and again i stress don't take anything you dream too seriously', phone calls, that's frequent. People asking forgiveness in my dreams for being assholes, to which i always forgive. It's like a part of them needs restitution and forgiveness from us in order to pass on to the 'other side'. We really won't know the answer to that until we die.

Take what you dream with ease, and analyse it. Then forgive it and let it go.

top topics

join