It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again. More circumventing the 2nd by the Admin

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To all those "common sense" and 2nd Amendment restrictionists out there,No,you can`t have them.We will not give them up without a big fight.We know what it is like to be disarmed by the Gov,it aint gonna happen again.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
To all those "common sense" and 2nd Amendment restrictionists out there,No,you can`t have them.We will not give them up without a big fight.We know what it is like to be disarmed by the Gov,it aint gonna happen again.
You know what it was like to be disarmed by your government? When was the last time the United States confiscated the citizens' weapons? I must be rusty on my American History.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Wounded knee.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Can a competent person make a VERY crude smooth bore single-shot firearm using a basic workshop? Yes.

An smg can be made in the same workshop.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Provide the US with concrete, black and white, proven statements on mental illness and then we can talk.

The next step would be to create a database of those that are mentally ill, so you know...the Govt can track them and not allow them to exercise their Right.
And then, what we need to do is to identify them out in society, because they might have gotten a firearm outside of the already established lawful means and WE need to know who they are because they might have a firearm. I say an armband would work. That seems to be a great idea in identifying those that you deem as "not fit" to own firearms.

But, we can't really stop there, because what if a mentally ill person doesn't seek treatment. How are we supposed to identify those people, without a doctors, or multiple doctors diagnoses?
I know, we can solve this with a 2 prong approach. EVERYONE has to see a doctor for a mental evaluation ever year. And those that refuse, we setup a hotline that others can call into to let the Govt know.

Shall I continue on this fantastic fantasy of yours in making the world a safer place for you?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

"shall not be infringed" does not cut it anymore because this is not 1776 and we are not defending ourselves form mobs of pissed off indians. This is 2015 and times/weaponry is different.

Nothing to do with defending yourselves from mobs of indians. The 2nd Amendment was an essential building block of the type of government envisaged.

You can't have a government that's subservient to the people if it has the people completely outgunned. All you will have done is replace one overbearing king with another.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Wounded knee.

You were at wounded knee? Wow. Someone call Guinness!

Also, the Native Americans at Wounded Knee weren't U.S. Citizens. It wasn't until 1924 that Native Americans were granted U.S. citizenship.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

mrconservative.com... just leave these here......even a few wooden guns

www.thehomegunsmith.com... if ya didnt happen to have your own plans to build fire arms this english gentleman has plans and guides on his website on how to make your own its that easy ,from pipe shot guns to home made SMGS humans have been quite inventive over the years in their work shops and occasionally war zones when fire arms are lacking.hell all ya need for the average shot gun is a pipe a nail and a few other things if you want it to have a trigger not a slam fire.

en.wikipedia.org... frigging prisoners have made fire arms while IN custody in cells with just what they have around,and with a combination of smugggled in guns,hidden ones and home made guns the jews of the warsaw ghetto made a pretty good show against the nazis.

Shotguns A homemade shotgun or tumbera (Argentina), bakakuk[14] (Malaysia), or sumpak[15] (Philippines) is a firearm made of improvised materials like nails, steel pipes, wooden pieces, bits of string, etc. It can be made by "low-budget" criminals and is sometimes found in jails.
now these tend to be partisan weapons,or weapons designed for single use to get a better real gun like from whacking an enemy solider or police officer to get their piece and thus enhance their arsenal. and often it does not stop at guns as old Che was a fan of the improvised mortar that launched Molotov cocktails over 100 meters

www.youtube.com... how to guide avaible on line on how you too can make a fire arm with mostly parts we all have laying around.

www.youtube.com... 20$ shotgun

www.youtube.com... vice video from pakistan about their efficent gunsmiths

en.wikipedia.org...

www.liveleak.com... this guy makes an AK47(semi) out of a frigging shovel

www.youtube.com... auttomatic shot gun (belt fed) that some guy apparently made in his garage....

www.youtube.com... a whole bevvy of them in this video some look almost store bought.

www.youtube.com... and americans currently have access to a vastly wider range of tools and equipment then their Pakistani and afghan equivalents 3d printers can turn any one into a gunsmith and some are being made almost entirely out of plastic (more insurgent weapons honestly )

mashable.com... last link in my entirely to long of a post but this guy is even printing the ammo at home now ,the harder anti gunners push this the more technology will come out like this as most of these are direct responses to threats (perceived or otherwise) to the second amendment ,this guy cant even sell his ammo but hes giving away the plans for free ,so unlike alot of other modern technology that is coveted and used mostly to get rich this man at least appears to not have greed as one of his motivations for this endeavor

www.wired.com... ok i lied on more link,and this device can be had for the price of a nice AR or expensive hunting rifle 1200 gets you the capability to make metal fire arms from a 3d printer for the cost of or cheaper then some fire arms sell for currently

so by all means keep pushing these emotionaly based arguments ,and we will keep inventing ways and means to circumvent your legislation using technology and ingenuity

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Provide the US with concrete, black and white, proven statements on mental illness and then we can talk.

The next step would be to create a database of those that are mentally ill, so you know...the Govt can track them and not allow them to exercise their Right.
And then, what we need to do is to identify them out in society, because they might have gotten a firearm outside of the already established lawful means and WE need to know who they are because they might have a firearm. I say an armband would work. That seems to be a great idea in identifying those that you deem as "not fit" to own firearms.

But, we can't really stop there, because what if a mentally ill person doesn't seek treatment. How are we supposed to identify those people, without a doctors, or multiple doctors diagnoses?
I know, we can solve this with a 2 prong approach. EVERYONE has to see a doctor for a mental evaluation ever year. And those that refuse, we setup a hotline that others can call into to let the Govt know.

Shall I continue on this fantastic fantasy of yours in making the world a safer place for you?
Your hyperbole is fascinating. You should write a book. "Something Kampf" springs to mind. you know, since you're trying to equate me with the Nazi's.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Not sure if it was brought up earlier but I was reading an article about a study that was conducted by a European group that they claim people who take pain meds including anti inflammatory meds are more likely to engage in a homicide???? hows that for timing?

I can't link the article from my iPad it keeps crashing.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Gotcha covered..healthland.time.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Wounded knee.

Also, the Native Americans at Wounded Knee weren't U.S. Citizens. It wasn't until 1924 that Native Americans were granted U.S. citizenship.

My greatgrandfather was disarmed at San Carlos,citizen or not,it is not going to happen again.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: introvert

It's actually quite easy to create something out of what you have around the house that can be used to fire rounds.

Do you make the rounds that easy from "what you have around the house", too?

Of course.

But rather than write a treatise on how to arm yourself with a shiny new gummint-issued weapon, complete with purty rounds of ammo and even the carriage equipment using only a Bic pen, a rubber band, and 3 cotton balls, I'll just state my opinion that the "build yer own crap in your basement" aspect of the thread has probably run it's course.

Basics are you arm yourself just well enough to kill the other guy and take his shiny crap for your own. been done for thousands of years, is still done today, and will still be being done tomorrow. Human nature never changes.

How you gonna prevent that? Disarm "the other guys" too? Gummint ain't gonna stand for THAT! Never happen. "Disarmament" is doomed to failure. No way to accomplish it as long as there are humans.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Hey, I'm not the one pushing to strip Rights away from fellow US citizens there Das Railgun.

The old saying seems to truly fit here. If you walk like and quack like a duck...you must be a duck.

I can't help that you walk and quack like a duck. *shrugs shoulders* maybe don't be such a duck.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Timing is everything to those that wish to take away the Rights of people.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I have a simple question for you and this is 100% frank with no sarcasm intended:

Why do we need more gun laws?

Seriously think about that question.

Violent crime rates are lower than they've been since 1978. Source

In the last 10-15 years, gun laws around the country have become LESS restrictive. There are more privately owned firearms now than at any time in the history of the nation. 310 MILLION. Let that sink in. There are almost enough privately owned firearms to put one into the hands of every man, woman, and child in the country.

Gun laws in the US do not have a measurable impact on crime rates. When gun laws go away or are loosened, the violent crime rate does not increase. Many countries have seen a rise in murder rates after banning guns. Source

I have yet to see any person who supports "reasonable" restrictions articulate why there should be more restrictions on gun ownership when they've proven to have no positive effect on violent crime rates. It is an emotion-based argument, always has been. The argument relies on the belief that "if only it was harder for bad people to get guns, shootings wouldn't happen." They ignore the fact that a person determined to commit a heinous act such as murder will violate any lesser law that stands in the way of their ultimate goal. If guns did not exist at all, they would find another way to kill but would do so confident in the fact that their victim is defenseless.

If you can give me one valid, logical reason (and back it up with facts) why more restrictions are a good idea... I'm all ears.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

ScientificRailgun is okay with totally disarming non US citizens I guess.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Wounded knee.

There were American Indians shot and killed at Wounded Knee in 1973.
One was sleeping when he was shot.
Wounded Knee 1973

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Sunwolf

ScientificRailgun is okay with totally disarming non US citizens I guess.

Well since natives are not really citizens the laws shouldn`t apply to us should they?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
Amen to that.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join