It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again. More circumventing the 2nd by the Admin

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You don't think the average joe couldn't make a Sten type gun based on the Palladin press book?

Is this another test?

Its spelled Paladin.

Improvised firearms take many forms. wiki

Most are out of average joes realm of expertise. Does average joe make cartridges, too?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I won't be measured by his actions because I have PTSD from a war.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

you understood the message and can LIVE with spelling gaffs.People reload all the time, not like they HAVE too we have plenty of ammo or can capture what is needed from any who would illegally tresspass if it is a national situation.
I myself am trained to infiltrate and could obtain what I need with a rock should the need arise.
Scouts are adaptable.
edit on 2-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Sunwolf
As a former Smith,you should know better:How to make an AK out of a shovel.

www.northeastshooters.com...!?p=2695046&viewfull=1#post2695046

Could I do it?Yes.

That link is misleading."How to make an AK out of a shovel" (with a machine shop, including but not limited to a sheet metal brake, mill, lathe, measuring tools, "pre manufactured barrel kit" and at least journey man machinist skills).

You could do it, show me. And the ammo you made from dirt in your garden.

FYI...There are numerous build parties in SOCAL ...a bunch of guys get together bend the flats,drill for the rivets,etc.The reason they have build parties is because one guy has all the necessary tools in his garage.There are a lot of retired or out of work machinists in SOCAL.Thanks to China.Could I do it?Yes!I already have a couple.Right now I`m busy bedding an 03a3 and after that an old 03.I`m not a smith but those operations for an AK are not beyond me.

As for ammunition my ancestors kept their rifles running with match heads for powder.

Hey,it`s not that difficult the filipinos make 1911s with a file under palm trees.

calguns.net...
edit on 2-6-2015 by Sunwolf because: add

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Answer

you also disenfranchise many of us that support the 2nd amendment, but aren't stuck in the dark ages and realize that lines must be drawn and a conversation must take place.

Let's be honest here, you may support some gun rights, but you don't support the 2nd Amendment.

No, I support the 2nd amendment.

We have to recognize that the founders could not have foreseen the future of weaponry, and the simplicity of the 2nd amendment shows that. If the founders were to write the 2nd amendment today, it would still grant the right to bear arms, but would also include some guidelines and basic "rules".

The real beauty is that the founder knew the constitution would need to be changed, added to or modified and included the process to do so within the constitution.

This isn't 1776 and we are not running around defending ourselves from mobs of hostile indians. That's the context in which the 2nd amendment was written. Now it's 2015, technology and weaponry has changed, and we have the means to set some basic guidelines while still respecting the 2nd amendment.

Now I know you aren`t a smith...Same old saw about the founding fathers being unable to foresee automatic weapons,right?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

No,nobody could foresee a self loading rifle,oh no!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I won't be measured by his actions because I have PTSD from a war.

Sooo...On the Domestic Abuser front...

They want to ban gun ownership for anyone that has been fully convicted of Domestic Abuse..

On the mental Illness front

A Justice Department statement said it’s proposing to make clear that firearm possession would be banned for people found incompetent to stand trial,
not guilty by reason of mental disease,
guilty but mentally ill or lacking mental responsibility.
Such findings could be made by a federal, state, local or military court.
Also covered would be people committed for involuntary inpatient or outpatient treatment.

www.bloomberg.com...

Does your PTSD qualify for the above? Ever been found insane by a court of law? Ever had a judge sign off on having you involuntarily committed? Do you know how high the bar is set for that? You have to prove in a court of law that someone is mentally unstable and an immediate danger to themselves or those around them.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Oh, so it's not okay to discriminate on race, which is as concrete of a selector as it gets, aside from sex.
You instead want to go off of medical theory, which can be interpreted to be many different things by many different people which produce many different outcomes, diagnoses and treatments.

Yeah.....totally don't see any issue here.

So, instead of being a racist...you are a mental illness'ist.

Interesting though....
So, what other Rights should be striped away from those you deem as mentally unfit?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

Could I do it?Yes.

That link was awe-inspiring!

And yes, a former smith ought to know better. The machinist drawings for these weapons have been out there 30+ years, and a competent machinist can make one in his basement in between an hour and a half and 2 hours.

I'm guessing it might take an Afghan 12 year old up to 4 hours, considering all the hand work he would have to do.

I'm a competent machinist. No... no a machinist can not make a complete rifle in his basement in 2 hours.

Can a competent person make a VERY crude smooth bore single-shot firearm using a basic workshop? Yes.

Are there parts kits out there to complete a rifle after you've manufactured your own receiver? Sure.

The point that I was making, and I believe the other gentleman was along the same lines, is that you can't make an entire modern rifle without machining processes.

Just because you can bend a shovel into an AK receiver, doesn't mean you have any of the other parts to make it into a complete rifle. You still have to BUY a parts kit with all the other parts or have the machinery to make those parts.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

In my state the accusation does it.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

WOW...what kind of person needs to have a 5 word statement defined for them?
I can answer this for you, but......................

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Clearly you don't understand the term "support" nor the "2nd Amendment".

So no.....no you don't.

You support a version of it where infringement is allowed, because stuff....and things.

This has grown quite old. All I was saying is that a discussion needs to be had and that the 2nd amendment needs to be more clearly defined because out of all the amendments, the 2nd amendment is very vague.....hence all the gun grabbers trying to reinterpret and change it. It has to be set in stone.

Yes, you parroting the anti-gun playbook while claiming to be pro-2nd Amendment has grown quite old.

The 2nd Amendment is not vague. The Supreme Court has held that it protects an individual right.

The only people who think the 2A is vague are the anti-gun crowd because it supports their agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Yes.

So, here is the question.....how does my Right to Bear Arms trample on the Rights of others?

Please, anyone responding, use the Rights defined by the 2 documents. Not some hyper emotional idea of feelings of security.

link   

a reply to: introvert

Such a lengthy retort from someone that states your for gun rights..........but are for "common sense" laws.

The provided talking points from the Brady Bunch and Bloomberg's group are the most parroted one liners out there.

I'm getting a bit tired of folks throwing around the phrase "common sense" when they show no compulsion to employ it. They are just parroting a phrase Obama uses in the debate when they say that, because the remainder of the argument shows no "common sense" whatsoever.

"Common sense", when dealing with keeping lunatics and criminals from attaining guns involves a lock and a steel door on their cells. Period. There is NO OTHER WAY to prevent them from obtaining arms if they are left to run loose with the rest of us, unsupervised. None.

That right there is some "common sense" for ya. The other line of thought is not "common sense", it's what they call "wishful thinking"... which is generally opposed to common sense.

edit on 2015/6/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

link   

THAT definition is a floating fact..www.tetrahedron.org...
But not at this time I am certified sane.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Owwww, so much sad feels here.

With their mental condition, I assume that since you want their Rights restricted, you can show, statistically, with evidence, that a large portion will act out in a violent manner?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

you also disenfranchise many of us that support the 2nd amendment, but aren't stuck in the dark ages and realize that lines must be drawn and a conversation must take place.

Let's be honest here, you may support some gun rights, but you don't support the 2nd Amendment.

We have to recognize that the founders could not have foreseen the future of weaponry, and the simplicity of the 2nd amendment shows that. If the founders were to write the 2nd amendment today, it would still grant the right to bear arms, but would also include some guidelines and basic "rules".

The real beauty is that the founder knew the constitution would need to be changed, added to or modified and included the process to do so within the constitution.

This isn't 1776 and we are not running around defending ourselves from mobs of hostile indians. That's the context in which the 2nd amendment was written. Now it's 2015, technology and weaponry has changed, and we have the means to set some basic guidelines while still respecting the 2nd amendment.

Now I know you aren`t a smith...

You're getting things mixed up. Introvert never claimed to be a smith.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

In fact, he's got a decent stance and form.

Below par. He's leaning slightly back instead of forward into his stance and the butt of the stock is too high on the shoulder.

Not only is the butt too high, it also appears to be resting on his deltoid rather than in the shoulder pocket. That's a recipe for bruising when used with a shotgun... but I guess he probably found that out.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ventian
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The ATF is also looking to prohibit the mentally ill from owning firearms

Well, that should certainly discourage some people from seeking help. What is the definition of mentally ill, anyways?

They've been laying the groundwork for that one for a while.

So far, it appears to be Christians, Republicans, and anyone who disagrees with the government

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Could I do it?Yes.

That link is misleading."How to make an AK out of a shovel" (with a machine shop, including but not limited to a sheet metal brake, mill, lathe, measuring tools, "pre manufactured barrel kit" and at least journey man machinist skills).

You could do it, show me. And the ammo you made from dirt in your garden.

FYI...There are numerous build parties in SOCAL ...a bunch of guys get together bend the flats,drill for the rivets,etc.The reason they have build parties is because one guy has all the necessary tools in his garage.There are a lot of retired or out of work machinists in SOCAL.Thanks to China.Could I do it?Yes!I already have a couple.Right now I`m busy bedding an 03a3 and after that an old 03.I`m not a smith but those operations for an AK are not beyond me.

As for ammunition my ancestors kept their rifles running with match heads for powder.

Hey,it`s not that difficult the filipinos make 1911s with a file under palm trees.

calguns.net...

You're talking about finishing a receiver and then assembling a rifle out of a parts kit.

That is a far cry from producing a functional firearm from scratch.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Oh, so it's not okay to discriminate on race, which is as concrete of a selector as it gets, aside from sex.
You instead want to go off of medical theory, which can be interpreted to be many different things by many different people which produce many different outcomes, diagnoses and treatments.

Yeah.....totally don't see any issue here.

So, instead of being a racist...you are a mental illness'ist.

Interesting though....
So, what other Rights should be striped away from those you deem as mentally unfit?
Watching you attack me just because I think that not EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN IN THE COUNTRY is fit to own a firearm, is frankly hilarious.

Yeah, I personally think some people are not capable of safely operating a firearm, or using it as it was intended, for sport, hobby, and defense.

I would like to see a national discussion on how we can maybe, just maybe, prevent un-necessary deaths, be they suicides or murders, but keeping firearms out of the hands of the mentally unstable. What qualifies as mentally unstable to the point that you shouldn't own a gun? Let's discuss it! Who decides the mental instability? Let's talk about it!

But no, the simple act of even bringing up the idea, that maybe we should talk about this, puts me FIRMLY in the "I hate all of your liberties and want to take your rights AND guns away" camp.

The way you think is fun.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join