It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again. More circumventing the 2nd by the Admin

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

You did you have to ruin the surprise?

Damn it man....I'm working here.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Or the BLATHERING Canadians...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yeah I mean......the 2nd clearly states this. That "certain" people can't own firearms..

By certain I guess you mean like Blacks? Maybe Chinese?
I said very clearly not EVERYONE is capable of safely owning and operating a firearm. Just like not EVERYONE is capable of safely owning and operating vehicle. Not once did I suggest, imply, or hint at any kind of racial preference.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Oh and before you jump on it, I'm well aware that owning and operating a vehicle isn't a right in the constitution. I'm drawing a parallel. People do that when discussing things like adults.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Obama is not going to let up. Next stop Progressive dystopia.

I wonder how many Americans have ever had a DUI conviction? They might be some of the first to loose their 2nd amendment rights, if activist 'scientists' and Progressive politicians have their way.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Early in the thread someone implied that the federal government could never declare 99% of citizens mentally unstable. It would not be necessary to disarm that many; at most, only 30% or so of the population would put up any sort of fight against tyranny. The rest would go along, begrudgingly or naively.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Answerwww.paladin-press.com...

THAT'S how .

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

The first gun control laws in the US were designed to keep blacks form owning firearms--gun control has it's very roots in racism.

Gun ownership is the pinnacle of equality.

Black,white,man or woman,rich or poor. Doesn't matter.

Every single person has the right to keep, and bear arms if they chose to.

When 'freedom' is selectively dished out. It is no longer freedom.

We have become slaves to the state.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Even the most poisonous spider dies on an ant hill,We have most of the experts, almost ALL of the experience and greater numbers on our side to make sure.
edit on 2-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Then they would have supported weapon parity with the standing military because they didn't want THAT either.
NOW ,give me my Bradley, fully equipped.
edit on 2-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
As a former Smith,you should know better:How to make an AK out of a shovel.

www.northeastshooters.com...!?p=2695046&viewfull=1#post2695046

Could I do it?Yes.

That link was awe-inspiring!

And yes, a former smith ought to know better. The machinist drawings for these weapons have been out there 30+ years, and a competent machinist can make one in his basement in between an hour and a half and 2 hours.

I'm guessing it might take an Afghan 12 year old up to 4 hours, considering all the hand work he would have to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No, I support the 2nd amendment.

Clearly you don't understand the term "support" nor the "2nd Amendment".

So no.....no you don't.

You support a version of it where infringement is allowed, because stuff....and things.

This has grown quite old. All I was saying is that a discussion needs to be had and that the 2nd amendment needs to be more clearly defined because out of all the amendments, the 2nd amendment is very vague.....hence all the gun grabbers trying to reinterpret and change it. It has to be set in stone.

"shall not be infringed" does not cut it anymore because this is not 1776 and we are not defending ourselves form mobs of pissed off indians. This is 2015 and times/weaponry is different.

The beauty of it all is that the founders knew that over time the constitution would have to be added to and tweeked as time progressed. So they included that process in to the constitution itself.

It's amazing how they knew this was inevitable, but those that claim to hold it in such high regard can't seem to understand that.

Anyway, I'll leave this circle jerk before it get too messy and leave you with this. When the discussions happen, which is an absolute, I will be at that table using my "common sense" and logic while the gun-grabbers try to take them all way. You guys will be outside, excluded form the debate, because you're stuck in the 1700's and can only manage to articulate "me cave man. You no touch my boom boom".

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19408673]introvert[/post

GLADLY ...someone has to take overwatch.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: thefallenone

Wait.................what freedom is it that you are speaking of? This freedom/right of the non-gun owner to not have gun owners own guns??

"The Other Guy's right to swing his arm ends where my nose begins".

A very simple principle.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: butcherguy
Heck soon you'll be able to 3D Print a gun.

So there's that.

Thats a load of crap. Firearms receivers are "machined and parts "fitted" that have been forged and tempered in furnaces. Barrels and ammunition present another problem altogether.

"3D printers" won't be capable of these critical processes anytime soon.

Now wait - before you say "butbutbut that's INDUSTRIAL!" :

Oddly, perhaps, the BATFE cracked down and squelched the website, even though control of speech and the dissemination of mere information is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment, they did it anyhow. Gov no longer cares about the constitution - "it's just a goddamn piece of paper", to quote one of them. Nevertheless, the designs and files can still be gotten as a torrent, courtesy of some of those 300K people who downloaded it when it was still available at the website.

Freedom lives because free men keep it on life support.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Answerwww.paladin-press.com...

THAT'S how .

That is the book that I was talking about.

It seems a mystery to some that 'machining' can be done with simple tools, like a file and hacksaw. Firearms can be made with barrels that are nothing more than a piece of pipe.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Answer

Answer the question... 'answer'.
Does his description fit for an AKM?

Yes, it does.

AK receivers are heat treated stamped steel that is bent to exacting tolerances and welded together OR they're milled on a CNC machine.

The parts and barrel are then assembled and fitted by the builder. Everything must be assembled properly with the precise clearances in order for the firearm to function.

Any more questions you need answered by me instead of googling for yourself?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to take issue with this, and ask YOU if you've ever built an AK. I have, and that description is bunk. Those "exacting tolerances" are not really all that exacting. I can make the receiver out of a piece of sheet metal, with a form built in a home workshop and using the weight of a car to press it into shape.

Aks are famous for not having "precise clearances", even when they come directly from Izhmash, They are built loose on purpose - that's why they just keep firing when an AR jams.

The heat treating of the receiver is only at specific points, and can be done in your garage on a Saturday afternoon.

edit on 2015/6/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Why are you so discriminatory??? Why do you hate people with mental illness?

Hate is not the right word...but I don't think folks like James Holmes and Adam Lanza should be given guns...and I think folks like yourself who disagree suffer from their own mental malady.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Drug use, burglary, car theft, rape, shoplifting... all illegal. All with laws, statutes, and even countermeasures to protect people... and bad things still happen.

Sooo...Hmm..Legalize rape and murder? Cuz the law doesn't stop those things from happening?

that's your argument?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Hefficide

Drug use, burglary, car theft, rape, shoplifting... all illegal. All with laws, statutes, and even countermeasures to protect people... and bad things still happen.

Sooo...Hmm..Legalize rape and murder? Cuz the law doesn't stop those things from happening?

that's your argument?
It's the "why bother" fallacy.

"It's going to happen anyway so why bother?" I hear this argument a lot, and it really makes me smile.

"Murderers will murder anyway, so why bother having laws that make it harder for people to murder?"

Yeah okay.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Indeed.

I've seen it done often enough, that I'm fairly certain I could do it. ...and I'm nothing resembling a machinist.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Indigo5

yes because there are 125 million mental patients out running the streets with automatic clip drum uzi machine guns with large velocity capability right?

125 million gun owners (250 million firearms) should equal 125 million shootings, shouldn't it? Or does every "gun nut" have extended belt fed clips as well?

Not sure where to start there? How does that relate to my post? You think this man should not have been prevented from buying guns?

One of Holmes' psychiatrists suspected, prior to the shooting, that Holmes suffered from mental illness and could be dangerous. A month before the shooting, Dr. Lynne Fenton reported to the campus police that he had made homicidal statements.[52] Two weeks prior to the shooting, Holmes sent a text message asking a graduate student if the student had heard of the disorder dysphoric mania, and warning the student to stay away from him "because I am bad news".[53]

On May 22, 2012, Holmes purchased a Glock 22 pistol at a Gander Mountain shop in Aurora. Six days later, on May 28, he bought a Remington 870 Express Tactical shotgun at a Bass Pro Shops in Denver.[59] On June 7, just hours after failing his oral exam at the university,[47] he purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P15 semi-automatic rifle from a Gander Mountain in Thornton, with a second Glock 22 pistol at the same Bass Pro Shops in Denver on July 6.[60] All the weapons were bought legally and background checks were performed.[61] In the four months prior to the shooting, Holmes also bought 3,000 rounds of ammunition for the pistols, 3,000 rounds for the M&P15, and 350 shells for the shotgun over the Internet.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join