It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again. More circumventing the 2nd by the Admin

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Plenty of Americans want all Muslims to die, should we respect their First Amendment freedoms and kill all Muslims?

How about the Americans who want all gays to die? All blacks?

You are free to want change but that doesn't mean the rest of the country has to take your idiotic request seriously.

Gun owners and their idiotic arguments. So tell me where does it state in the constitution that you are allowed to kill fellow Americans at will? Or hell that you can kill anyone w you disagree with?

Hell the 1sy says you can say it but it does not say you can act on it.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thefallenone

originally posted by: beezzer

So you want people to have the freedom to deny freedom.

dafrak?

You don't? I mean every time someone mentions any change to the law, you guys get all up in arms. So you want to deny those who are for stricter gun laws their rights and freedom to do so?

it's what I've been saying in this thread.

I'm tired of arguing to people who want a police-state and fewer freedoms.

I get it.

You hate the idea of freedom and personal liberty.

I get it.

You want a government that controls everything.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

If you want to make statements about the founding fathers' intentions with the Second Amendment, I suggest that you research the statements made by them around the time the Constitution was framed... there is no grey area.

Then again, I don't expect you to put forth that much effort. Bloviating recklessly from your sphincter is much easier.

Explain to me why it is allowed to be amended? Why the founding father put this laws in but would allowed it to be amended?

link   
a reply to: thefallenone

So now the constitution is bull crap and the founding fathers are idiots.

Got that backwards.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So you want people to have the freedom to deny freedom.

dafrak?

You don't? I mean every time someone mentions any change to the law, you guys get all up in arms. So you want to deny those who are for stricter gun laws their rights and freedom to do so?

Again, you have every right to contact your representatives and request stricter gun laws.

You have every right to donate money to whatever anti-gun cause you wish.

You have every right to lambaste guns online at every opportunity.

Your argument that pro-gun people being pro-gun is somehow an infringement on your rights is one of the most impossible-to-defend points I've ever seen someone try to make. Seriously, try harder noob.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Stop your whining, you are doing the same thing. You want to deny those fellow Americans the freedom to call changes to 2nd amendment.

Gun owners only care about their rights and no one else's.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

If you want to make statements about the founding fathers' intentions with the Second Amendment, I suggest that you research the statements made by them around the time the Constitution was framed... there is no grey area.

Then again, I don't expect you to put forth that much effort. Bloviating recklessly from your sphincter is much easier.

Explain to me why it is allowed to be amended? Why the founding father put this laws in but would allowed it to be amended?

What would be your new version of the 2nd Amendment be?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The Constitution can be amended with a 2/3 majority vote.

That doesn't invalidate any portion of the document just because there's a clause that allows for change.

Dumb argument is dumb.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Those same geniuses made it so that it this law can be amended. Blame them.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I'm tired of arguing to people who want a police-state and fewer freedoms.

Me too.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So say that happens, would you gladly follow the constitution or would you rebel?

After all it can be amended, there is no law to say it can't.

edit on 1-6-2015 by thefallenone because: (no reason given)

link   

Stop your whining, you are doing the same thing. You want to deny those fellow Americans the freedom to call changes to 2nd amendment.

Gun owners only care about their rights and no one else's.

It was gun owners who fought for independence and paid for everyone's freedom with blood in the first place you ignorant simpleton.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What would be your new version of the 2nd Amendment be?

Only the cops,military, and criminals have guns.

Whoops no revision necessary.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So what is dangerous?

I'm extremely dangerous with a gun, 28 years of military practice...

How about someone who gets a speeding ticket, they seem reckless to me. So just what is dangerous...so generalized it is a very scary word to use in taking away rights. I hope that people realize that they are using "safety" as an excuses to take rights away.

You want to be safe, bring back the Patriots Act in full force.
You want to be safe, make all guns illegal.
You want to be safe, add 10,000s of laws every year to the books.
You want to be safe, big government is the only way then
You want to be safe, we will tell what to do, how to do it, and how much.

Its all about safely, I for one do not want to be safe.....

link   

It was gun owners who fought for independence and paid for everyone's freedom with blood in the first place you ignorant simpleton.

It is every Americans right to call for change to the 2nd amendment and the fore fathers saw that this could happen, so they made it so that it could be amended.

Those are facts.

link   

So much derp I don't even know where to start...

So now the constitution is bull crap and the founding fathers are idiots. They seem think that laws regarding guns ..etc could and should be amended with the times.

Otherwise there wouldn't be an option to amend.

Yet they intentionally made it extremely difficult to amend it. For this very reason.

So that you cannot arbitrarily change it on a whim.

They knew exactly what they were doing. They knew it would be challenged and complained about.

link   

So say that happens, would you gladly follow the constitution or would you rebel?

After all it can be amended, there is no law to say it can't.

If unicorns fly out of your butt, will you make them some chocolate milk?

I don't live my life based on impossible theoretical scenarios.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Gun owners a lot of them are idiots pure and simple.

But but cars, hammers are dangerous., not exactly the same things there.

Guns main objective to kill or maim.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It is every Americans right to call for change to the 2nd amendment and the fore fathers saw that this could happen, so they made it so that it could be amended.

Those are facts.

I've said already that you can call for change all you want. That is your right.

It is my right to ignore you and/or argue against you.

Those are facts.

Some people confuse "rights" with "I can do whatever I want and nobody can disagree with me." You're apparently one of those people.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Gun owners a lot of them are idiots pure and simple.

A lot of people are idiots. No single group has the monopoly. You're living proof of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join