It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again. More circumventing the 2nd by the Admin

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: butcherguy

Ok, so how can you logically compare voter fraud to gun crimes in order to makes some point about regulation or laws?

What is your point?

Because you have already stated that you do not back ID for voting.
Why would you support laws being broken when it simply a matter of checking a valid ID before someone votes?

'Oh, no one dies, so it doesn't matter.' That's your retort.
Well guess what, it does matter.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid Hi Intrepid....I like your spunk, and with that, you should use some time to sit in a courtroom, listen to the things that go on there, you would be surprised at the number of people blacklisted from gun ownership. If this wonderful federal government would just ENFORCE current laws, we would be much better, the wide open boarder, the gangs, there is much that could be done on a federal level to reduce violence with firearms.... this is not one of them....this law already exists....question....why do you need a vaguely broad leveled law now? the answer is so damn easy to see....for some.....others just plain refuse to see it, my government is the one who is mentally ill...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

So, restricting ownership...basically pissing on the 2nd.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Ok, so how can you logically compare voter fraud to gun crimes in order to makes some point about regulation or laws?

What is your point?

Why would you support laws being broken when it simply a matter of checking a valid ID before someone votes?

because its only unconstitutional when when its a law THEY dont like........like voter ID laws

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: neo96

What about the rights of the victims? You KNOW there's going to be more soon. What about their rights?

What about them ?

Exactly. They don't matter.

Yeah well the DOJ, and the White House, and the media pundits using death to push what's over an 80 year old agenda isn't showing that they 'care'.

What it does show is that some people will lever let a 'good' crisis go to waste.

Hell while we are on this?

Lets make mandatory background checks, and 200 tax stamp on voting, and voting ids.

Then we can move on to making voting a 'mental' health issue.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

What does that mean to the victims and their families?

It means there are at least 100k less victims. Correct?

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

None of those equate the person to being violent.

I have exercised violence in life many times. All lawful. That does not mean therefore I am going to react violently in any given situation.
I don't have much feelings about those that I acted violently against. I don't have remorse as they received a reaction to their action. That doesn't make me a sociopath or having a dis-personalized disorder.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

What is your point?

because its only unconstitutional when when its a law THEY dont like........like voter ID laws
Are you ready to have your mind blown?

I agree with Voter ID laws.

AND I agree with measures to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and the mentally unfit.

What am I?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What is your point?

Where did I say that I support someone breaking the law to vote?

You asked if I supported the laws. I responded in the negative.

You did not ask me if it was ok for someone to vote in multiple precincts in a state in which the law requires you to have an ID to vote. That I do not support.

If you are going to try to make a point, make sure you are specific.

Again, the comparison between the two is non-existent. That line of argument is a slippery slope.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

None of those equate the person to being violent.

I have exercised violence in life many times. All lawful. That does not mean therefore I am going to react violently in any given situation.
I don't have much feelings about those that I acted violently against. I don't have remorse as they received a reaction to their action. That doesn't make me a sociopath or having a dis-personalized disorder.

I never even suggested or hinting that I think you have a mental disorder. I was asking a hypothetical question. I don't care about what you've done or who you've harmed. Would you sell a gun to a psychopath?

link   

The person that committed the crime is responsible for violating the rights of the victims.

All don't pay the price for the illegal actions of someone.

link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Is there a place I can view these proposed regulations? From the article it seems like the regulations are aimed mainly at keeping guns away from the mentally unstable and domestic abusers.

Doesn't matter. The law is not qualified to asses my mental stability, and "Domestic Abuse" is a misdemeanor, not a felony. As a matter of fact, with laws already on the books they can attempt to disarm people who have only been accused of domestic violence, not even convicted of that misdemeanor.

If someone is mentally unstable to the point that it only takes a gun to make them dangerous, then they are ALREADY dangerous, and should not be allowed on the streets with the rest of us - they might get ahold of a hammer or a crowbar or a screwdriver or a steak knife or an ink pen, and suddenly become dangerous, too.

Bottom line, don't sweat it. When laws are illegal in themselves, just ignore them.

edit on 2015/6/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: joemoe

What does that mean to the victims and their families?

It means there are at least 100k less victims. Correct?

Which totally ignored my point of THESE victims and their rights. Correct?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
And my response stands.
My actions may lead to others thinking I personally am mentally ill. Now, would I sell to me?? Sure would.

Again, this mental illness does not automatically mean they are violent.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Would a medical professional classify you as having a mental illness that would give you a predisposition to violence?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It wasn't gun owners as a whole that violated the rights of the those victims. The criminals who committed those crime are responsible ... they violated those victims rights.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

What is your point?

Read my response above. Mr. Butcher did not state that the person was voting in multiple precincts in a state in which and ID voter law was in place.

I'm all for upholding the law and I would expect people to be held accountable if they broke that law. That does not mean that I have to agree with it or want it to be implemented in my state of residence.

Also, there was no mention of constitutionality. Is there something in the air today? Reading comprehension is at an all time low today.
edit on 1-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The person that committed the crime is responsible for violating the rights of the victims.

That is what many are missing!

X commits a crime on Y how is Z responsible ?

Z isn't.

The article in the op, and ALL gun regulations hold Z accountable for something they did not do, and never ever will do.

Of course holding Z accountable is what they call modern day social 'justice'.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So those lives lost in the past and the ones coming are collateral losses then?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

What is your point?

Are you ready to have your mind blown?

I agree with Voter ID laws.

AND I agree with measures to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and the mentally unfit.

What am I?

Are you aware of how easy it is to be labelled as both?

I was almost charged with domestic abuse at one point with a physical altercation with my ex wife, had it not been for the in home camera I had, they would have taken her testimony as gospel and i would now have domestic abuse on my record.....

Again.....things are not that cut and dry

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join