It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boulder cops declare ‘rock stacking’ a jailable offense. Gravity Glue artist a criminal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Sorry chad

But you can't read my boy

I wrote disabled parking spot by "MISTAKE"

Go back to school laddie.

edit on 1-6-2015 by BentBone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think the title of this is somewhat misleading. It should be something more along the lines of, " Community Rallies Around Rock-Stacker After One Unverified Account of a Police Officer Being a Dick About Something."

There was no way a Boulder, Colorado court was going to to prosecute someone for making little rock statues. Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Yes, exactly.

But for some, this is fascism..

On a light note, could there be anywhere better than BOULDER for a rock statue builder to be based?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

some people really want to help people. there are bad folks everywhere. i get it if a bad person were to be a cop it would be an extreme. but i deal with lots of cops on a daily basis. im guessing a bad guy cop is rarer than a shark attack.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ironic that you aren't allowed to stack rocks in a place called "Boulder."

Do they not have any stone quarries there?
Those quarry workers are notorious when it comes to stacking rocks-they make huge piles of stacked rocks-
Quick arrest them all-they have made an industry from rock stacking,those criminals!!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That is really cool, and it's amazing how quickly he can get them to balance like that. It is interesting that he has chosen wet river rocks to do this ... I wonder if there is something about the water and potential coating of algae slime on the rocks that makes balancing them easier.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

well, stacking rocks does break the law gravity

No it doesn't.
It relies upon it.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BentBone

Yeah, you obviously know what I was getting at, otherwise my post wouldn't have been reported. Don't worry, the ban hammer is yet again heading your way.

Spose I'll see you with a new name in a few days, huh?

Or, you could just get a hint and see your BS doesn't work round here so well

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: cuckooold

Some people's "art" is viewed by another person as a criminal act. It is a form of graffiti, you could say. As I pointed out in the last thread, if he didn't own the rocks/stream then he was using property that didn't belong to him even if that property was state/federal property. His rights were not being violated by threats of arrest, he was violating the rights of others.

Colorado, as does most other states, has strict laws, also, on interfering with the course of water ways.

Anyway, his "art" was not genuine, as presented here on ATS, it was "trick" art, a deception.

How exactly is he violating the rights of other?

What exactly is "trick" art? As far as I know, art is art.

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I think the title of this is somewhat misleading. It should be something more along the lines of, " Community Rallies Around Rock-Stacker After One Unverified Account of a Police Officer Being a Dick About Something."

Actually, I took the title from the original article.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

He is allowed to.

The city attorney said he could. So, too, did the mayor.

The silly cop overstepped himself.

There's really no issue left here, its been dealt with.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

How exactly is he violating the rights of other?

What exactly is "trick" art? As far as I know, art is art.

At the risk of posting off-topic, I'd like to know that too. Like, it's not really beautiful and he just makes you think it is?!

I just went to his official site and I don't feel the slightest bit deceived. It really is some amazing work, go have a look.

www.gravityglue.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

That's rather cool. Didn't really think I'd like it, but I do.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I know you did, which is what I'm referring to.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
In a follow up to a thread on the amazing work of Gravity Glue, I come across this travesty.

www.rawstory.com...

Michael Grab, a Boulder artist who goes by the name Gravity Glue, said that police threatened to ticket or jail him for creating stacked river rock sculptures that the community has been enjoying for years.

In a Monday Facebook post, Grab explained that a Boulder police officer had informed him that there would be stiff penalties for continuing his art.

Sooner or later when people feel their freedom has been curtailed to a certain point, which will be different for everyone, they will begin to conclude that their sovereignty as a free, independent, sovereign human being, is being compromised and for the first time in their life they will start to feel like they are controlled by somebody 'out there', then they will begin to feel OWNED.

For how many has this point been reached?

Now haven't the police got something better to do, like arrest real criminals?

It seems that the city attorney may have had some strong opinions about this as well.

In the end, the call to action worked. Grab said that the city attorney personally called to let him know that rock stacking was not illegal in Boulder.

“UPDATE: holy sh#! maybe the support was more than i anticipated!!” he exclaimed. “[J]ust got a call from the city attorney personally here in Boulder telling me that he has ordered the police to NOT cite rock balancing under the city codes [I] mentioned below!!!”

The mind boggles at such bureaucratic small mindedness on the part of the police.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Danbones

well, stacking rocks does break the law gravity

No it doesn't.
It relies upon it.

point well taken Phage
i did leave out the term "appears to"
to many postings at once

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Grumpy Cop Meme here. What a joke.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

My first post outside of the introduction section, so please be gentle.

Personally, I support the police on this one. While what he's doing is cool and invigorating, it also has the potential to be dangerous to those nearby. Most pictures show this guy sitting in the stream with a small pile of rocks, but some of the larger pieces are huge, jut into the sky, and if someone were to dislodge a key part, the avalanche of rocks could potentially be fatal.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Landslides could potentially be fatal,just never go outside.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Very good point, and if he or anyone is leaving those larger "art" rock structures in place then they are a menace both to humans and to water animals (muskrat, beavers, etc.) who wander up and nudge the rocks. I for one don't want these "artists" vandalizing rivers and streams in my neck of the woods, and to add the danger of the larger rock structures that you point out edges the practice into the unsafe zone as well. Thanks for your post, and welcome to ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join