It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Return and Happy Pride Month!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hey dolls! i know it's been forever, but I've finally gotten my life situated and my health is returning that i have time to come back and KiKi with all of you again!

Besides my health concerns there was some stuff happening in my life that was Full Cray!, scared me for a while, so much that i had to stop using the internet for a bit.. but now i'm back!

Missed you all *Kisses*

now, the important reason i started this Topic

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!

We should celebrate Pride every day of every month of every year of every life, but this Month is dedicated to the celebration of Pride and Truth. Regardless if you are a member of the LGBTQ or Not you should be proud of who you are and live your truth to the fullest, you should take every opportunity to express yourself and celebrate life and love!

While the Pride Parades started as a Political Demonstration it has now evolved to Celebrate our Community and Culture. united we can fight for Equality and Love!. even with the progression of Marriage Equality we still have many more steps towards the Equality movement, and with Love, Open Minds and Open Hearts we can conquer hate and intolerance!

So share your experiences with pride, if you have gone to any Pride events or participated!

Quickly for those that say "Why do we need a parade" and "why do we have to wear hot pants and be overtly sexualized"

that is not the only thing you see at Pride events or the Parades, yes there are some, and that is the way they want to express themselves, there are many of Us in the LGBTQ family and the Parades showcase that. we are not one "Gay Box" we are People that have many different personalities. you can't define Pride as just "Hot Pants and sex"

Happy PRIDE!![/col or][color=violet]! everyone! And Hopefully we can all live a life we are Proud Of!

The Rainbow Flag: the colors were designed to symbolize: life (red), healing (orange), sunlight (yellow), nature (green), harmony (blue), and spirit (purple/violet). The removed colors stood for sexuality (pink) and art/magic (turquoise).
edit on 1-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hey sweetie, welcome back! I was just thinking about you the other day and missing seeing you around. Glad things are looking up for ya.

My husband and I will be attending our local festival and parade this upcoming weekend in support of some of his co-workers. This will be my first time attending, so I can't share my experiences as of yet. I am sure it will be a blast though.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

It is always a good feeling to welcome back a returning member of this community. Its damned fine to see you back Darth_Prime!

I hope whatever ills were ranged against you, have been smote with great vengeance, and left for the crows to have their fill of, and that as a result of said event, your life contains more tranquility.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'm glad you are feeling better.
Oh ... and just wanted to say ... I like your avatar.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Welcome back Darth!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It's so good to see you! I was wondering about you the other day, too. I hope you're feeling better and glad your life is less crazy for now...

This proud month is the Supreme Court's decision on marriage equality... I wonder if that's a sign...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Happy Pride Month, Darth!
Good to see ya back on the boards.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Yay! have fun, there are so many more events than just the Parade itself!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thanks

TrueBrit: I'm glad to be back to this community as well. the internet is fab, and yet can end in some scary experiences, but we prevail! i love the way you word things

Night Star: Thanks, it feels right again

Benevolent Heretic: Hopefully a good sign, Love is never a bad thing with pure intentions!

Neysa: Thanks, Love the flag!

edit on 1-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
For you Darth, a rainbow colored dragon and just a rainbow.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Welcome back, Sunshine.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thanks, good to be back!

Night Star: Yaaas Come Through Rainbow colored Dragon!!!... thanks verry sweet!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeas, just in time to share who you want to win tonight on RuPauls drag race! Welcome back sugar

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Yaaas! Come Through Violet Chacki!

My 3 favorites before the show aired were Miss.Fame, Pearl and Violet... so i'm #TeamViolet.. but i would also be Happy if #TeamPearl won.. both sickening

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Welcome back Darth!
It is great to see you!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

You too! how is the Tea? also whats the 'T'?

I love that picture..

JASON COLLINS
Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start.

And that is what Harvey Milk wanted, and that is why these Pride Events and Parades are getting stronger.. but not just for the LGBTQ community, for everyone Self Expression is one of the most important things we have . to live your Truth in open honesty

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'm all for self expression and being true to ones self.

I'm out of the loop with the T,
work has been dragging me around and when I'm not sleeping, I'm working...lol

I get to check in a few times a day though, but it has been pretty quiet.
To quiet!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well, we need some Glitter, Music..

new topics

top topics

join