It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I say I love Jesus but I don't feed His sheep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OP, don't let anyone deter you from what it is that you need to do in order to feel that you are serving God in the way that you feel called or compelled to do. You will get a lot of opinions and interpretations - but yours is as valid as any other that can be offered. In fact, I'd argue more valid because you feel moved to do so.

I've always interpreted Christianity as a single concept - reciprocity. Doing unto others as you would have them do to you. Such a simple and elegant solution to nearly every world problem that we face and yet so seemingly difficult for people to grasp.

If you give to your community, spiritually or otherwise, the community will give back. If you're earnest and honest you will probably get what you need and maybe some of what you want. It's a Spartan sort of life - but it can be extremely fulfilling.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

"John 21:17 - A third time he asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you." Jesus said, "Then feed my sheep."
Any questions ATS?

You should read this VERY,VERY carefully and if you believe you are Simon son Of John/Peter then maybe then you can go feed Yahoshua's sheep.However I am positive you are NOT Simon/Peter the disciple of Yahoshua and Yahoshua was not speaking to you or anyone else that is not Simon/Peter.

Do as you think you must however to believe the creator God wants you to do what YOU want to do because you believe Yahoshua was speaking to YOU is futile and vanity of vanities and sowing fruitless seeds in sand.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
Although praying can have a positive effect in someones life,( giving hope or help fight insecurities etc.)
please keep it for yourselves christians.

And ''Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ σὺ χεῖρα κινεῖ'' = ok pray to Athena, but also use your hands = Gods help those who help themselves

Is that little quote God helps them who helps themselves right next to cleanliness is next to Godliness? If so what book chapter and verse is it found in?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Full time ministry huh?

When were you planning to immigrate?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

It's a quote from Aesop Ancient Greek: Αἴσωπος, Aisōpos, c. 620–564 BCE) (ancient greek children myth book and moral parable writer)

THE SHIPWRECKED MAN AND ATHENA

A wealthy Athenian was making a sea voyage with some companions. A terrible storm blew up and the ship capsized. All the other passengers started to swim, but the Athenian kept praying to Athena, making all kinds of promises if only she would save him. Then one of the other shipwrecked passengers swam past him and said, 'While you pray to Athena, start moving your arms!' So too we should think of ourselves and do something on our own in addition to praying to the gods. The fable shows that it is better to gain the favour of the gods by our own efforts than to fail to take care of ourselves and be rescued by supernatural powers. When disaster comes upon us, we should make every possible effort on our own behalf and only then ask for divine assistance.

This phrase has passed through centuries

Later Romans also used it latin phrase

Cum Minerva, tu quoque manus move
or
Minerva auxiliante, manum etiam admove.

and it's english meaning is Gods help those who help themselves

edit on ThuThu, 11 Jun 2015 11:43:15 -05001AMk000000Thursdayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join