It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Rocket Launch May 23? Or UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
www.wantchinatimes.com...
On May 23, internet users from different parts of northwestern China including Ningxia, Shaanxi and Inner Mongolia said they witnessed an unidentified flying object in the sky, with many suspecting it to be a new spacecraft or missile, reports state-run Global Times. The event took place the night of May 23.

More photos –
www.dailymail.co.uk... _campaign=1490
The zig-zag trail is characteristic of wind shift at increasing altitudes, and is commonly misinterpreted to mean the actual object zig-zagged. Note both ends of the trail. At the bottom the trail can be seen to continue without direct illumination, allowing rough estimate of range if exact time is known. At the top, the trail stops without widening which usually happens near the von Karman line about 100 km up, suggesting this is not a space launch.... I wish we had dashcam videos.

The images are long enough after sunset to suggest the event occurred about 21:00 local [= gmt + 8 hrs]. Some celestial objects are also visible but NOT in the same position for all images, consistent with different viewing azimuths from sites far apart, exactly as reported.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Interesting catch Jim.
Do you think it was the second stage that we're seeing?
Do you think it's traveling West?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Not a conventional rocket... Definitely an U.F.O.

I'd say an experimental rocket or engine of sorts.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

What's unconventional about it? Here's a Minuteman (regular old rocket) launch from Vandenberg.
www.youngsphotogallery.com...

edit on 6/1/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Looks like someone found all seven dragon balls and made thier wish

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Crazy... I've seen a lot of rocket launches and haven't seen any trails that zigged and zagged that much.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

LOL this is JUST LIKE the Tromso spiral - which was a bulava ICBM test launch by Russia....*yawn*

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka

Crazy... I've seen a lot of rocket launches and haven't seen any trails that zigged and zagged that much.

You maybe haven't watches enough. High altitude winds shift the originally straight path sideways in different directions, it's very common, I can't figure why you haven't seen it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

It is looks for me like a failure start. The rockets does not have enough power to pull up and starts turning around and fall.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: drphilxr

It is looks for me like a failure start. The rockets does not have enough power to pull up and starts turning around and fall.

Maybe a closer guess than we knew -- it might have been the hypersonic warhead glide test, developing.....

new topics

top topics

join