It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting Live from the front lines of . . . . . Baltimore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

I use the term gangs you used the terms thugs and trash .

Then you called me a racist .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

LOL how in the hell are thugs and trash remotely race related???? I grew up in Arkansas... I promise you that those two terms can mean any color.

You really just didn't have a level headed response for me did you? Because that was lame.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: chuck258

40 homicides in May . I agree black lives do matter . I just wish the gangs would remind each other more often .

I also completely condemn the police for the slowdown .

They are giving the people of Baltimore exactly what they asked for.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think most people feel the same way you do. Which is a big part of why there is such a huge push right now by the MSM to polarize racism.

You can't control a group of people who stand united together.

There is no cheaper, and easier way to divide people than with something like race.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Keep telling yourself that .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Greathouse

40 homicides in May . I agree black lives do matter . I just wish the gangs would remind each other more often .

I also completely condemn the police for the slowdown .

They are giving the people of Baltimore exactly what they asked for.

My biggest problem is they took an oath.

A man that will go back on his word is no man in my book .

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

I agree with your post, and to expand on it, I'd like to add a couple things.

It's not a race issue, not nearly at least in the way the media tries to portray it. It's a cultural issue, where the black community all over the U.S. has EMBRACED the "thug" culture, also known as the "gangsta" and "hip-hop" etc on and on culture.

The vast majority of the black community has embraced and proudly made their own, a culture of complete and total violence, a culture of complete dis-respect to their neighbors and others around them. The thug culture is a plague which glamorizes the destruction of communities along with a dangerous lack of self-responsibility and self-respect, all with no moral compass whatsoever. Parents within the black community embrace this culture and TEACH this proudly to their kids with no regrets. This has lead to an un-realistic and frankly racist (against whites) entitlement mentality that has tainted the views of others regarding an ENTIRE RACE due to the fact that not enough blacks refuse to allow this thug culture to represent the black community as a whole in the U.S.

Let's face it. It's "cool" to be a "thug" in America, and it's leading to the destruction of entire communities. It WILL continue as long as the media, Hollywood, and ignorant liberals keep fanning the flames with the race and victim card. Thug culture has no place in America and in no way should it now, or should it have EVER represented the black race as a whole. It's pure and complete insanity. What I speak is the absolute truth, there is no candy coating it whatsoever, and it's dividing this nation like never before.
edit on 1-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Yes let's hold cops to the same standard as gangs...

Well apparently they have it right, otherwise you leftists wouldn't so vehemently defend them all the time. Amirite?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The wife and I talk about this stuff often, and the thing that bothers me is how everything is to the extreme, rather than the happy medium.

People don't want rid of cops, people just want cops to stop being so damn aggressive and murdering everyone. If a cop is called to help a suicidal person, maybe, just maybe don't kill him.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Maybe utilize that training to try and defuse a situation, rather than intentionally escalate it. Maybe stop hiding evidence so you can get away with murder.

www.nbcnews.com...

They claimed his headphones were in his pocket, but the newly released photo shows they were on his head.

I, like many, don't really respect the police and actually fear them. Even though I've thankfully never been through much, I grew up in a small town where the cops were corrupt, were a big part of the drug trade, and harassed many people all because they didn't like them. But just because I've been shown not to trust them doesn't mean I don't believe we need them.

But for some reason, they'd rather not do anything and let the city go to hell, than just take it down a notch. So many extremes, no happy medium. Makes it even harder to respect them. :
edit on 1-6-2015 by Necrobile because: Fixing my typos

top topics

<< 1   >>

join