It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Andreas...a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
A cgi masterpiece that was almost hypnotizing. Even a big screen TV won't do it justice.... It's really a shame that the story and script was so corny and predictable. But that really doesn't' matter when you have "the Rock" giving the performance of his career. That's not saying much but, oh well. However Alexandra Daddario's character was believable and carried the film imo, or perhaps I was smitten by her looks. Plenty to criticize in continuity, lapses in logic etc, but this was the summer blockbuster designed to make money [setting records first wkend] and a better way to spend a couple of hours than procrastinating on doing something meaningful around the house.

If you are going to see it in the theater go ahead and spring for the 3D version....well worth the extra 3 bucks!
edit on 31-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The Rock doesn't have to be a great actor. He just has to be semi-believable and he's otherwise likable enough to make a movie he's in more or less enjoyable.

I guess the big test is ... better or worse than 2012? If it's better than that, it will be worth picking up cheap and watching when it comes out on Netflix.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Let me guess it was as unbelievable as that "2012" movie? Escaping death too many times over and over again?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My mom and nephew went and saw it today.
My nephew said it was awesome.
My mom said she is never going to California.
Say what you want about Duane Johnson's acting. I think he is a pretty cool guy in the real world.
edit on 31-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Saw it and I struggled to stay in the cinema.
Had every cliche going, ex wifes new fiance is a douche and gets splattered.
I thought the acting was rubbish I mean thousands of people dying around trhem and they can still crack a joke and have a laugh.
CGI was ok but thats it.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The movie was ok...but I saw it in one of those 4d theaters where they shoot out water/smoke/debris etc....and it was a pretty wild and positive experience.

The actors were good enough for this kind of movie but id honestly only score it a 6 out of 10. Some of the cgi looked awful, particularly with the boats, and I just found some things to not be believable at all. With that though it is suspenseful and if you like these kinds of movies you will like this one.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

s&f for the review!

I don't think we will go see it in a movie theater, but will buy it on blue ray when it comes out.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Saw it yesterday, and I think it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

The only thing that could be said for it was that the 3D renders well with the special effects- so many movies these days are in 3D and I end up wondering why bother.

But the script and the acting was so horrible! The botoxed and fillered female lead made me groan- has Hollywood gotten so used to seeing that, they are unable to recognize how freakishly awful that is???
The bouncing breast implants everywhere were cheesy too.

The strange thing is that (purposely or not) the whole thing accentuated the thought that that area of the globe has become so superficial and stupid, it might just be better if it was destroyed, at this point. Let Hollywood fall.

But maybe that's just me. Being born and raised there, I couldn't stand the culture, and this just put an exclamation point on that feeling.

edit on 2-6-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

join