It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,400-year-old ‘bongs’ used by kings to smoke cannabis and opium are dug up in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Two ‘bongs’ which were used by tribal chiefs to get high have been discovered in Russia.
But rather than the cheap plastic things teenagers buy down the market, these bongs are made of solid gold.
Archaeologists found thick black residue in the bongs, and determined that they were used to smoke cannabis and opium in a ceremonial setting.
It is thought the impressive implements belonged to the Scythians, a nomadic warrior race who ruled large swathes of Europe and Asia between the 9th century BC and the 4th century AD.
This mean the bongs could be 2,400-years-old, making them some of the oldest in existence.

Read more: metro.co.uk...

Got this this from my Youtube feed.

Who smokes weed before heading into battle??.. sounds counter productive , slows you down relaxes you make you wanna chill, I say getting drunk or some other kind of stimulant would have done a better job smoking weed would seem like a post battle activity to me..maybe that's why there are no Scythians??

edit on 31-5-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Not necessarily, look up the origins of the assassins, it may surprise you.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
No small wonder governments and authority always fail.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
SNIP

But in terms of historical information obtained from this discovery, it does add valuable data to the history of cannabis use.
edit on 31-5-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2015 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped resonse to off topic post.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Closed for review.

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

new topics

top topics

join