It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Created Vehicles From ANY Computer Game...Post 'Em!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Greetings fellow gamers and pixel jockeys!

I thought it might be a hoot to see members posting pictures of their favourite modified vehicles from computer games! As you are no doubt aware, many computer games which feature drivable vehicles, offer customisation options on them. Some systems are limited, but others stretch the limits of both motor vehicular design, and indeed good taste in some cases!

I have no doubt that many of you will have particular favourites amongst your various in game garages, and so I beseech ye, roll them out, park them up, take photographic evidence of them, and post those images here! I want to see only customised vehicles, no stock models, right?

Since it has been my suggestion to do what amounts to an ATS computer-game, car-show, hybrid...type thing, I shall start.

Disclaimer: Images may post upside down for reasons that only the technomages, who live up the treacherous Mount Serverstack, can report accurately. Sorry about that!

Here is a picture of my Saints Row 4 character build, standing next to a tricked out Churchill. Being the massive lummox that this car is, it's never going to out run a Ferrari, but nor is it simply sporting a pretty paint job. I have maxed out all the performance options inside the car as well!

...and at night time, it really maximises its presence...

So, my friends, what do you think? And more importantly, what wonderful creations have you made in computer games? It does not have to be a car. It could be a boat, a plane, a motorbike, a fancy skateboard... Just post your most treasured, and customised vehicles!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here is my latest ride from Grandprix.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Its a beast stosh64...

A total beast! Lol! Ah, back in the day when the only way you could tell your custom car from the regular one, was the fact that it was going four times as quickly, and turning twice as sharply! Nothing like a bit of nostalgia, and let's face it, no thread of this sort would be complete without it!

link   
I wish my hard drive hadn't crashed. I could post the screenies of all my superheroes and their costumes. Sure, they weren't vehicles, but the level of customization City of Heroes allowed in the costume dept. made costume creation a game within the game. There were costume contests all the time and some people spent hours just tweaking their outfits.

link   
a reply to: stosh64

Holy crap. I remember that game.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I enjoy customizing cars and have always wanted a customizing simulator that can be constantly updated with new vehicles and aftermarket parts as well as a completely optioned interactive paint both to create any color and replicate any paint effect and type.

Maybe even have it linked to the companies so one can completely customize any car with available parts and allow them to see it on the vehicles and then order as a package. Also why not have a R&D option for customers to describe some custom work and have a link to a local shop that could do it.

That would be an awesome ride to have in real life. I love those old 60`s-70`s model Lincolns and Cadillac's.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

You know I was just thinking that it would be pretty awesome to have a car like that to drive about in! The thing is, to do so in this country requires several things. First of all, a bank account bursting at the seams with enough money to buy the car in the first place, get it kitted out, painted, MOT'd, taxed, insured, AND put fuel in it, and keep refuelling it. The miles per gallon count on that thing is the sort of number a pre-schooler counts to for fun I would imagine!

That said, I would love to rock up to jobs in something like that! I would have to get something added to our company card.

"Like locksmithing, only more badass!"

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey! What do you know? My husband pulled some screenies out of an old drive I thought was dead. They aren't cars, but I'll post the ones I have left anyhow. In a sense, they were my "rides."

This is Desi. She was my "main." I still use DesiF as an online ID in some places. Her full name was Destinee Fable (misspelling intentional). I almost won the first round of an official game-sponsored contest with this outfit.

This is Dop. She was created for fun, throwaway character and grew legs and become one of my two favorites to play. I came within one point of winning another major contest with this outfit. The mini-skirt and fishnets were something of a trademark to her look.

This is Common Cause. She was my Peacebringer, and it says something about how pathetically addicted I was that you only get access to PBs when you level another character to 50, and then I leveled her to 50 too.

This is Dame. My one and only tanker. I never got her to 50. I never leveled any melee archtypes to 50. But I had fun with her looks.

And this is Handler Jack, one of my husband's creations. I included him because he was a unique and special kind of ugly, and my husband was so proud of all the reactions he'd get. It also shows the range the creator had that you could pull off something like Jack.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Will have to find it out tomorrow as not on my laptop, but on GTA V I have a Turismo that has a chrome paint job but also has my gang colour which is a nice purple, and its a little trick you could do (might still be able too) to colour your chrome!

Had a load of nice cars on saints row 2 and 3 , but stopped playing after 3, very dispointed they didn't create a multiplayer mode other than that crap co-op "whored" mode.

What platform you on TrueBrit?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Going off the title "Created Vehicles From ANY Computer Game" Then a train is ok? And you never said who had to create it!

This is is the Manley-Morel DMU (Diesel Multiple unit) Created by Zephyris a modder of the Open Transport Tycoon game (not the same guy from this forum i don't think).

It is based on an old British Rail Class 101 DMU. (Yes i am that sad
)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

I am all over my PS3. I know it's not new generation or anything, but I only got it last year, and I have really enjoyed playing all the games that everyone else has finished already, if only because they are now relatively cheap, and because I have been looking forward to playing them all for so long!

The Turismo is a badass car. I have played a little GTA 5, but I need to go and buy it.. I need to wait till it comes down in price a bit though. If you have a mobile device, snap a pic of your ride and post it up!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those are some top outfits!

Common Cause looks like she should be driving my car! Love that colour scheme!
edit on 31-5-2015 by TrueBrit because: Misidentified character.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Glz00

Its got wheels, it goes under its own power... I guess it qualifies!

I have lived at the end of the tracks most of my life, so I am familiar with the old British Tail rolling stock! This brings back memories, I can tell you!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

I enjoy customizing cars and have always wanted a customizing simulator that can be constantly updated with new vehicles and aftermarket parts as well as a completely optioned interactive paint both to create any color and replicate any paint effect and type.

Maybe even have it linked to the companies so one can completely customize any car with available parts and allow them to see it on the vehicles and then order as a package. Also why not have a R&D option for customers to describe some custom work and have a link to a local shop that could do it.

That would be an awesome ride to have in real life. I love those old 60`s-70`s model Lincolns and Cadillac's.

Have you tried blender?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
TRON pimp.

I don't have anything from the digital world to offer here, but I have had a few cool "Heavies."
I had a '63 Galaxy 500 with a 600 hp 427 FE under the hood. Still had the original lead paint...all crackled with age. I sold it for a fine profit.
I had an '85 Plymouth Gran Fury with a police interceptor package. It topped out at over 150 mph. It was stolen and never found.
I am currently cruising in a '99 Ford Crown Victoria with a 5.0. I got caught on radar doing 128 in it. That was a hefty fine.
I like the big sleepers.
edit on 31-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Here is my latest ride from Grandprix.

I am still smiling over this one......good ol memories. Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hey skunkape23!

Its funny you should mention Tron, because there is actually a light cycle like motorbike in the same game that I created this car for! Its called the X-2 Phanotm!

As for your car history... Damn dude.... Lucky! Sorry to hear about your interceptor pattern Gran Fury getting purloined though!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
There was a couple of games by Invictus on the PC called Street Legal and Street Legal Racing: Redline.

Basically they were both about starting with a small amount of cash, buying a crappy car, and tuning it up for street racing, customizing it completely, saving up for better parts and vehicles. The games aren't too good, and were never really finished before being published. A modding community has made several much better, more complete versions of Street Legal Racing: Redline.

Anyway, they tried to resurrect the game recently as "Street Tuning Evolution" but this time they tried crowd funding it and going indie so they could make a better completed game without a publisher getting in the way, but didn't reach their goal.

It looked like it could have been so awesome... Oh well.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Sounds like a real shame.

Crowd funding sometimes comes with time limits. It is better, I think, to tender for collateral with an open ended request, rather than a time limited one. Perhaps this is why they failed?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yes, they only had a few months to raise I believe it was $150,000 USD. They only made it to a fraction of that with their relatively small fan base.

It was just a few months ago.
edit on 1-6-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join