It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Defence Minister calls for calm over rumoured attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
first US and now Israel

JERUSALEM (AFP) - Israeli Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz asked to "calm things down" concerning the possibility of his country striking Iranian nuclear installations.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
and just days after Iran defence minister released the news that they were building up deffences around the reactors

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nothing will help iran if US or Israel decides to destroy the reactor.. pretty much, they can just bombard iran with hundreds of cruise missiles.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
AMerica has already said that they cannot force Iran to close the facilties. Israel won't attack because Iran can strike back with their own missles. Iran is safe for now.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Nothing will help iran if US or Israel decides to destroy the reactor.. pretty much, they can just bombard iran with hundreds of cruise missiles.

Just because Iran might not win a flat out battle against either the US or Israel, does not mean they will not fight back with everything they have. Im sure they would consider an attack on thier reactors as a declaration of war.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

Just because Iran might not win a flat out battle against either the US or Israel, does not mean they will not fight back with everything they have. Im sure they would consider an attack on thier reactors as a declaration of war.

They cant do anything but launch scud copies at israel, of which most will be shot down by air defence.. the only problem will be is they will send tons of martyrs to iraq against usa..

Sep

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by S7ranger
They cant do anything but launch scud copies at israel, of which most will be shot down by air defence.. the only problem will be is they will send tons of martyrs to iraq against usa..

There is that, and the aprox 10,000 missile (according to Sharon) they have with Hezbollah in Lebonan, The Shahab-3 which is improved by the Russian engaineers which is not something that can easily be stopped. Iran also has a huge influence with the Shias in Iraq who have been abnormally quite latly, and there is the Northern Alliance Army in Afghanestan who kicked out the USSR, Iran also has some influence with them. There is Fatah, Hamas and alot of other groups Iran has contacs withand in an all out war Iran can do alot of damage with its cruise missiles.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

There is thati mean the #hab-3, and the aprox 10,000 missile (according to Sharon)yes, AA missiles like strela and igla? The Shahab-3 which is improved by the Russian engaineers which is not something that can easily be stopped.come on.. its just a crappy copy of a copied north korean scud.. not really a threat if there are modern airdefence like arrow-2 Iran also has a huge influence with the Shias in Iraq who have been abnormally quite latly, and there is the Northern Alliance Army in Afghanestan who kicked out the USSR,
ussr lost politically but not militarily, genocided tons of terrorists
Iran also has some influence with them. There is Fatah, Hamas and alot of other groups Iran has contacs withand in an all out war Iran can do alot of damage with its cruise missiles.again #ty scud copies wont do much.. and these terror group leaders are being hunted down lioke rabbits

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
S7ranger, the arrow missile defence system has failed in the latest test to intercept a missile. There are only 3 battries in israel that are fully operational, 1 in Tel Aviv, 1 near the dodgy nuclear reactor and another 1 somewhere else which I have forgoten the name of. The Arrow missile defence system will be no match for 1000 missiles coming at once.

The Lebanese (Iranian) Hezbollah aren't really being 'hunter like rabbits'. 1st reason is that they are stationed in Lebanon. They have thousands of short-range missiles ready to be fired.

And as Sep mentioned Iran can bring alot of damage to the U.S Indirectly by disrupting things in Iraq (Shiites)

There are many top Russian scientists and engineers working at the nuclear sites in Iran. If an attacked is carried out by U.S and Israel and the scientists get killed in the process that could make Russia quite upset. Even if no Russian scientists were killed Russia and China (Russia mainly) do have close relations with Iran and they won't be happy if the hand that feeds them oil gets hurt.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Unless America feels that it can defeat the Iranian military on the ground right this minute, America can't hit Iran's reactor. If Iran takes it as a declaration of war they can over run Iraq, cost America tens of thousands if not over 100,000 troops, completely undo all progress in Iraq and quite possibly trigger an arabs-versus-israel war that would wreck the peace process and quite possibly destroy all progress made by Egypt and Jordan with Israel, even if those nations didn't fight.

Last but not least, if Israel goes it alone they risk a limited war with Russia which would be difficult to win if Russia played its cards right. Russia can almost certainly project more than enough airpower in a first strike to cripple the IAF, destroy Israel's reactor, and perhaps kill Ariel Sharon. Then Russia can back off and say "We were just defending our ally against unprovoked aggression. Anybody who doesn't like it had better get their missile shield working before they do anything about it."

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not only by the US or Isreali, but anyone. If for some unholy 'accident' would happen, you know all out WW3 would happen.

I can see one of OBL s men doing this just to add the spark to start the fire.
All the blame would be on non-Muhammadans.

And if Iraq is in a hightened readiness state, it just turns into training like the many times it's happened here in the US.

Tuataras Third Eye

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well They have their hand in the cookie jar, might as well take three nations then just one.

If there is a war.
Iran will most likely slip into two groups, the persian's and the arab's.
Civil war, and the persians will be attacking the arab's. Most iran's are persians and know they been occuiped by the arab/muslims for more then 1500's years.

Iran might as well fall quicker then iraq.

Arieon's liberating the arieon's from the arab/muslim occupation.

Sep

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How can Arabs start an Civil war? They represent around 2% of the population and correct me if I am wrong but Iran has been ruled by Iraians since 1400-1500

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
How can Arabs start an Civil war? They represent around 2% of the population and correct me if I am wrong but Iran has been ruled by Iraians since 1400-1500

Ruled by Muslim/arab's. 50% of nation are persian's. persian's might want to rule and then kick out the arab muslims. But i suspect most persian's have been infected by arab/muslim culture.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

Originally posted by Sep

Ruled by Muslim/arab's. 50% of nation are persian's. persian's might want to rule and then kick out the arab muslims. But i suspect most persian's have been infected by arab/muslim culture.

The Persian-speaking People

The Persians constitute the largest ethnic component in Iran. They predominate in the major urban areas of central and eastern Iran--in the cities of Tehran, Esfahan, Mashhad, Shiraz, Arak, Kashan, Kerman, Qom, and Yazd--and in the villages of the Central Plateau. An estimated 50 to 60 percent of the population speaks Persian as a first language.

In music, poetry, and art the Persians consider themselves--and are generally considered by other groups--as the leaders of the country. This feeling is strengthened by a consciousness of a heroic past and a rich literary heritage. Both before the Revolution and since, Persians have filled the majority of government positions.

The vast majority of Persians are Shia Muslims. The Shia religion serves as a source of unity among Persians and other Iranian Shias. Since at least the beginning of the nineteenth century, Persians have dominated the higher ranks of the Shia clergy and have provided important clerical revolutionary leaders such as ayatollahs Khomeini and Hosain Ali Montazeri. Fewer than 500,000 Persians are followers of other faiths. These include Bahais, Jews, or members of the pre-Islamic Zoroastrian faith.

I guess not Islam has infected the persian blood

Persia is one dead enity and so are is it's culture and people.

The spainish though this occupation and were victoryours. Their children today are not muslims, and have not embraced the arab muslim culture.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What, Sep, are you calling the black turbaned Khomeini and Khomeini Iranian? well they could be Iranian given that they were born in Iran but they are not certainly Persian. I am sure you are rightly aware that black turban means Arabness! and that is why it was invented. I mean I have used Arabness as the alternative term normally used could not go down on this board well

Any ways those "black rug heads" running Iran are not Persian and won't ever be. and I think Thinker is right!
Iran will be liberated way easier than Iraq as most of Iranians have had it with Islam and rug head leaders!

PS. Sep please don't ignore this question! are you a Seyed? I have noticed a couple of times you deny that you are Moslem! I find it really puzzling given some of your posts!
Bedrud,
Z.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
222 Years of Struggle for Independence of Iran
(651 AD - 873 AD)

part three

Yazdgird's Hopeless Struggle...
Arabs were beheading Persian resistance & freedom fighters or Prisoners of War by such speed, that rivers of blood was running inside the major cities!

Then came the victory at Jalola, near Ctesiphone. Later, Generals, Piroozan (Firoozan) and Hormoz tried to stop the massive numbers of the blood thirsty savages but failed at these points. At this point, Yazdgird was a broken man mourning the death of Rostam & mourning the situation of Iran. Yazdgird always kept his spirit up & kept the spirit of the commanders & his troops up, he had a great teacher who taught him how to deal with the men, under stress, alas the teacher was not around any more, Rostam became a legend but at a time that Yazdgird needed him most. Yazdgird ended up leaving Ctesiphone & gathered troops to confront Arabs in Jalola, yet another natural disaster, flooding of rivers in Mesopotamia, famine, rebellions & mostly Persian Traitors were digging deeper & deeper graves for Persian Patriots! Yazdgird done what he could but Jalola turned to a defeat. He left to Raga (Ray) & he gathered 15,000 men, mostly tired, broken & defeated men from different fronts but still with high spirits. The men got ready for Battle of Nahavand.

Battle of Nahavand is what Arabs call it "Fat'h Ol Fotooh" (victory of all victories), this was mother of all battles for Arabs. From 640 AD on ward a numerous groups of Arab Armies freshly from Arabia joined the battles & the Inland Campaign of Persia started by Arabs. During this year they invaded Khorasan Khashtarah (State) & then came mother of all battles @ Nahavand in Khashtarah of Ecbatana (Hamedan). At 641 AD the battle for Nahavand started. By this time Arabs were crossing the natural defenses of Zagros Mountains, East of Iran. Nahavand was lost & this meant a major turning point towards defeat of Persia. 642 AD brought Shoosh & the rest of Khashtarah of Khuzestan, also Neynava under Arab rule.

At this point, many of the governors, local rulers, administrators, aristocracy, military commanders & other officials, all over Iran, were making separate deals with Arabs! Persian Traitors who been betraying Iran since the beginning, now were cashing in on their treason!

Arab campaigns continued with Campaigns to the coast of Makran and southeast Iran at 643 AD. Between 644 AD - 656 AD a number of interesting events happened, Murder of the caliphate Omar Ibn Al Khat'ab at 644 AD, beginning of the caliphate of Ottoman, Continuation of the conquests in north and east Iran and then North Africa, Intertribal conflicts within the Islamic Empire over who will rule, were among some of the most important ones. From 645 AD Arabs began their Sea Campaign against Byzantine Empire (Eastern Roman Empire), but as I mentioned, they could never gather a powerful navy to back up the land force & they could never land the land force by the portable bridges or ships to take over Constantinopel, otherwise we would have the Muslim Italy & Greece now, as third world Muslim countries! Arabs would destroy Europe just like they destroyed Persian Empire & created the Backwarded Islamic Iran as today's Islamic Republic of Iran.

649 AD - 650 AD meant the Conquest of Persepolis, the capital of south central Iran (Khashtarah of Pars) and center of Zoroastrianism. Persepolis was the summer capital, but the fall of Persepolis was a heavy blow to Zoroastrianism.

The Last Efforts to Save Persia
After Nahavand, a broken Yazdgird defeated & disappointed by all the treason, fled to Espahan (Esfahan), then Kerman & next Marv (in todays Turkmenistan) to gather fresh troops for the next battle, yet he did not get a chance & a Persian Traitor, a wind-mil attendant sold Yazdgird for a fist full of gold, he killed Yazdgird, & by killing him, he killed Iran's last hope for independence. A late night rushing to Yazdgird's sleeping quarter & attacking him by surprise done the trick. The last Emperor of Sassanid was the most unfortunate of them all! since he opened his eyes & since birth he saw treacheries, rebellion, oppression of Mubeds (Zoroastrian Priests) corrupting the sincere words of Zarathushtra Spitmata for their own personal gains, the ever expanding distance between social classes, & treason of governors! He took over an Empire which was all broken apart after the 70 years of war with Rome, he took over an Empire with major economical problems, unhappiness of the masses & corrupted officials. He struggled to make the wrong, right, he tried to get Iranians to work together & rebuild the Empire before a total annihilation of Persia. He fought all his life to do this task, unfortunately Arabo-Muslim Invasion backed by Rome did not give him a fair chance. Persian Traitors, on top of the list Salman-e Farsi, the right hand to Muhammad The Arab Prophet who betrayed Iran & was one of the major theoreticians of Islam, betrayed Iran over & over. Separatists, Treacherous Governors, Persian Traitors & converted Muslim, natural disasters like sand storms @ the battle grounds & floods in the cities, all & all joined together to prepare Iran for it's death! The end of First Persian Empire, the end of Sassanid Empire. The last blow to his soul was the death of Rostam-e Farokhzad, his big brother, his comrade in arms, his friend & his most faithful compatriot. When Rostam died in battle, Yazdgird went deep in depression, but he never lost his motivation to free Iran. He fought until death stopped him.

Yazdgird III was the first freedom fighter of Iran during the invasion/occupation years.

Yazdgird III, the last Sassanid king, was murdered in cold blood on his retreat to Marv, Khorasan (Today's Turkmenistan) to gather fresh troops for saving Mother Persia.

Centuries later, Ferdousi, the great Persian poet & reviver of Persian Language released the poetry book of Shah-name (Book of Kings) without using a single Arabic word! He truly revived the Persian language which was on the edge of extinction. Ferdousi to Iran is like Shakespeare to England. In this poetry book, Ferdousi quotes a rhyme from Rostam-e Farokhzad just before engaging in the battle ground,

Rostam-e Farokhzad:

"Ze shire shotor khordan-o soosmar
Arab ra be jayee residast kar
ke taj-e- kian ra konad arezoo"

"From drinking camel milk & eating lizards of the desert,
Arab got so bold, that now,
Dreams of capturing the Persian Crown!"

Alas, that this tragedy came true....

Persian Casualties of War
Lets concentrate on the Persian casualties of War. Persians fought bravely, but they were facing an uncivilized barbaric force from desert, a force which was hungry for victory. A force which had nothing to lose! A group of Bedouin tribal savages which lived in hot deserts, eating lizards & drinking camel milk to survive with nothing to lose. These savages were promised heaven on earth (Persian Empire) if they would win the war & live, also they were promised heaven in after life if they died in war & went to other side, rivers of milk & honey, 70 female concubines & even 2 boy toys! What was there to lose? They were a savage barbaric force out to destroy civilization on Earth & Islam gave them the permit to do so!

Lets look @ some numbers & understand how intense were the battles:

battle of Qadesiyeh: 500,000 Persians Died
Battle of Jalola: 100,000 Persians Died
Battle of Estakhr: 40,000 Persians Died
Battle of Nahavand: 400,000 Persians Died in only 3 Days
Ecbatana (Hamedan) & Raga (Ray): Sa'ad Ibn Al Vaghas, Muslim General killed 1/2 the population
Neyshaboor: Hassan & Hussein (Imams of Shiite), Caliph Ali's (1st Imam of Shiite) sons, killed 1/3 of the population
Gorgan: 10,000 Persians Died in only 1 Day
Khorasan, Mazandaran, Azerbaijan: Muslim killed Hundreds of Thousands of Persians in battles and then raped women, mass slaughtered men, pillaged, destroyed or burned everything.
The resistance against Arabo-Muslim Occupation went on for years...

I think the persian's should realize what their four fathers did and rebel againist the arab/muslim occupation.

Sep

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
What, Sep, are you calling the black turbaned Khomeini and Khomeini Iranian? well they could be Iranian given that they were born in Iran but they are not certainly Persian. I am sure you are rightly aware that black turban means Arabness! and that is why it was invented. I mean I have used Arabness as the alternative term normally used could not go down on this board well

Any ways those "black rug heads" running Iran are not Persian and won't ever be. and I think Thinker is right!
Iran will be liberated way easier than Iraq as most of Iranians have had it with Islam and rug head leaders!

PS. Sep please don't ignore this question! are you a Seyed? I have noticed a couple of times you deny that you are Moslem! I find it really puzzling given some of your posts!
Bedrud,
Z.

I can assure you I am not a Seyed, nor am I a Moslem. I am from a little city near Yazd and my forefathers have lived there for hundreds of years. I am probebly more Persian than most of the other "Persians". I lived most my life in Iran, I came out of my country because my religion is not allowed to study further than year 11 in Iran, so I came here, I am currently studying and am planning to go back to Iran.

About my posts, I defend Moslims because my great,great grandfather was formally a Muslim and I will not stand by while people make fun of his religion.

About the "Arabs" running Iran, I assume you know about the people the US is going to install if the try to "free" us. They have been supporting MKO. Do you know who they are?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

the us wont touch it, need i remind you were up to our necks in iraq. isreal will bomb it. trust me in this one.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

the us wont touch it, need i remind you were up to our necks in iraq. isreal will bomb it. trust me in this one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join