It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman dropped off this old apple computer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi all.

Cant see if its been posted already, so sorry in advance.

A recycling center in the Silicon Valley is looking for a woman who dropped off an old Apple computer that turned out to be a collectible item worth $200,000.

She didn't want a tax receipt or leave her contact information, and it wasn't until a few weeks later that workers opened the boxes to discover an Apple I computer inside.

www.businessinsider.com...

WOW how I wish something like that would come by my way.
Maybe in a couple of hundred years my zx spectrum will be worth a fraction of the apple.

edit on 31-5-2015 by Ismynameimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hope John Titor doesn't need that one!!! Oh no that was a TI he needed like the one I have right here...uh...not!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If I had found that in my garage. I would have also thrown it away..
It's just what knowledge you have, I stopped a friend from scrapping an old car he had been given which was worth more than £1000.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Older 70-90's era, especially 80-90ish are loaded with GOLD and other awesome rare earth elements. I doubt any single unit has $200,000 worth in it lol but still, a lot of people have no idea what they have.

Pretty cool that they are even trying to find her too, hope they do!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That's a big one! When I first saw, "opened boxes" in the OP I thought, well, it would have value of some sort, I didn't realise they were junk boxes!
Anyway an honest crew running the recycling plant.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I heard this story on radio last night. I hope she sees the story and returns to collect her bounty. How neat is it that they return half of the profits to the original owner if they come across valuable items?
Now I'm wondering if some of that junk in my attic---my Beloved has never thrown away a working computer---will actually be worth something to our great-grandchildren.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
Older 70-90's era, especially 80-90ish are loaded with GOLD and other awesome rare earth elements. I doubt any single unit has $200,000 worth in it lol but still, a lot of people have no idea what they have.

Pretty cool that they are even trying to find her too, hope they do!

Late 70's early 80's. That is worth every penny to a collector. If I had that much I would buy it tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I heard this story on radio last night. I hope she sees the story and returns to collect her bounty. How neat is it that they return half of the profits to the original owner if they come across valuable items?
Now I'm wondering if some of that junk in my attic---my Beloved has never thrown away a working computer---will actually be worth something to our great-grandchildren.

You never know...When my Grandfather died, we started going through stuff in the basement and found some old rifled. My grandmother knew nothing about them, but luckily we got them appraised, and the best of the bunch was worth about 6 grand! (I was a kid at the time, so I don't remember the particulars about what kind of guns they were)

new topics

top topics

join