It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Set To Expire Tonight At Midnight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I don't believe that we will EVER see a 90% voter turnout. If we do, I will eat these words, and say thank for the crow I will have eaten.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I don't believe that we will EVER see a 90% voter turnout. If we do, I will eat these words, and say thank for the crow I will have eaten.

At the current rate and with everyone echoing the government supplied line " your vote doesn't count " I would have to agree with you. But at least I am still trying .

Come on you didn't think the Derb joke was any good?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I didn't see the joke. So I have no idea.

It's just that your defeatist comment struck a bit of a nerve. I admire the attempt at trying. However, I don't see any change coming from the rants from people like you (us), that the public has declared nut jobs and tin foil hat wearing "anarchists".

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I didn't see the joke. So I have no idea.

It's just that your defeatist comment struck a bit of a nerve. I admire the attempt at trying. However, I don't see any change coming from the rants from people like you (us), that the public has declared nut jobs and tin foil hat wearing "anarchists".

You're telling me I'm beating a dead horse and it doesn't help . So I will tell you it can't hurt any either .

And it's a hell of a lot more productive than giving up . The position strikes me similar to the civil rights movement . What if Martin Luther King would've given up, what if Rosa Parks had given up her seat .

What about Abby Hoffman and Jerry Rubin Bobby seals What if they would've all given up ?

Really makes me sad to see the Youth of the nation throw up their hands in despair and give up .

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Really makes me sad to see the Youth of the nation throw up their hands in despair and give up .

That's the issue. They aren't. They see a defeat over the constitution as a victory. They claim it is an old document that holds no relevance anymore. There is no victory to be had over a generation who holds the constitution as a relic worthy of history books only.
edit on 6/2/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I have not talked to one person that finds the Constitution a total relic . But I have talked to many people that call the rights they don't agree with relics.

edit on 2-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
21st
edit on 2-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join