It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any American be a proud, patriotic citizen?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: poncho1982

I don't hate America but I grew up with John Wayne,Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood now its Justin Beiber, some fruit loop transvestite 50 cent 5 cents Snoop Doggy doo etc etc. America will be the first civilisztion to record mental illness for posterity

You realize Justin Beiber is Canadian right?

Good grief, don't associate that mess with us.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Being patriotic and loving the government are not co-requisites. I'm about as patriotic as they come, but am sickened by this and the previous administration and how partisan politics have become. However, I am still proud of what this country has done: created the most diverse population with among the highest standard of living. I also take pride in some of my countries accomplishments, this country has landed a man on the moon, we have among the highest industrial capacity in the world, we are capable of being self sufficient, independent of other nations, we have made leaps and bounds in the fields of medicine and technology, and while the last two wars in our past have been controversial, America is near the top if not THE top in international humanitarianism, all the while being insulted and condemned by the people we are helping.

TLD;R I don't have to love my government to be proud of and take pride in my country or it's accomplishments. Show me another country that is as free, diverse, industrially capable, humanitarian, scientifically and medically capable as America. Not one country I can think of holds a candle. (No offense)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: poncho1982

I don't hate America but I grew up with John Wayne,Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood now its Justin Beiber, some fruit loop transvestite 50 cent 5 cents Snoop Doggy doo etc etc. America will be the first civilisztion to record mental illness for posterity

You realize Justin Beiber is Canadian right?

Good grief, don't associate that mess with us.

Technically he was a good boy before he went to America, and then... well there you have it

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But why love something that doesn't do anything?
I mean the bill of rights and the constitution has never and will never stop the police and the government from abusing its own and other countries people.

Why celebrate something that is useless?
Perhaps that's just it? Get the people to put their faith in something that doesn't do anything and all the while we can ignore it and do as we please?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Free? Are you kidding me? Free?
America is by far the least free of all the so called developed world. Other countries have police brutality? Police stealing money from them? Governments spying to the extent that The USA's does? The constant abuses of human rights?

I'm not saying other countries governments don't do similar stuff but nowhere near as bad and to the constant extent.

What are you basing your idea of freedom on? I mean what is your measure of freedom?

Next, medically capable? What's the point of being medically capable if it's only done for profit and the vast majority of your population can't afford the best medical care you can provide?
I mean the people in the vast majority of other developed nations have far better medical care for something like cancer than poor American's can dream of.

Also, diverse...... You realise that one went out of the window decades ago right?
Most developed counties are melting pots with very culturally diverse cities full of people from all over the world right?

Humanitarianism as well? You are kidding, right?

I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your country, I'm proud of my country and we have done and still do horrific things to our own and other countries people.
There are loads of things to be proud of America for. Tonnes, in fact.
But those things aren't freedom, medicine or diversity as you are one of the least free, many Americans can't access the medical capabilities and we really could go on all day about your humanitarianism.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Because I KNOW who is responsable for all of it and I didn't know before...readersupportednews.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
I was recently at a graduation ceremony and when the National Anthem was sung, not only did I note my own disenchantment, but that very few of the crowd were singing, looking at the flag, or putting their hands on their hearts. Most everyone just seemed to be waiting for it to be over.

In a country that has taken away liberties left and right, allowed corporations to become the ruling class and destroyed any chance for a lower class person's bright future with current prices of education and everything else, I'm not surprised. So many other reasons as well.

I really wish they'd just stop singing it. It's almost painful to hear now.

It still amazes me Americans still believe democracy is the problem and not corporate greed.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Something about ..stones...www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I guess you could place yourself in the persona of a soldier returning back to your homeland from an extended tour in Iraq or Afghanistan. Patriotism is a personal thing. You earn it and pay it back to yourself.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join