It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any American be a proud, patriotic citizen?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have noticed this a lot myself, and think people who maintain that blind patriotism are either in denial, or are just pathetically naive. And some are optimistically patriotic in spite of knowing that this country is so far corrupt, but are hoping a bit naively that America might make it back from the sewer of corruption.

I don't think it will. Every single agency has hand picked scum bags running them now from federal to state, and local governments too. It didn't begin with Obama, but when he was elected the most criminal elements of this country jumped for joy knowing they would have it so easy, and easier pickings than ever before. Look at how so many people now ignore the law and the rule of law and thumb their noses at the American public like never before.

Obama has publicly known ties to the Mafia in Chicago and no one even gives a damn or cares at this point. Criminals in government see that no one cares about that, and so figure they wont care about anything else, and they don't. So it is almost a free-for-all now.

It's against the constitution? No problem, we will do it anyway.. And that is exactly what is happening right now with 85% of every bill passing through the back doors of congress.

This country is going to be judged. It will be the most hideous display of evil the world has ever seen, and it is coming. It's just a matter of time, and probably not much time. I hope I don't live to see it.
edit on 1-6-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh really and what of the INNOCENTS and warriors who also live here some who defend her?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

This country is going to be judged. It will be the most hideous display of evil the world has ever seen, and it is coming. It's just a matter of time, and probably not much time. I hope I don't live to see it.

Why wouldn't you want to be there. Glad you are not me.

I am with Cavtrooper7.

Whatever comes up, I'll meet it.

I was confused in my early life, until 9/11 happened. Oh, ok..

Hi.

edit on 2-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Funny how some don't want to fight ...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Not just warriors, my friend. Not just warriors.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Knew before I clicked it would be a Canadian. Look, you guys are jealous and desperate to be relevant. The truth is, no one cares about Canada, and I feel for you. America like every country has many faults, but we also contribute so much and make many changes for the betterment of society.

If we waited on Canada to come up with anything wed be screwed. Please, just continue with the irrelevant existence that your country is and embrace it. Before bashing the US you should try and fix your country, you could start with speech.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Just to clarify, I'm not saying America is the worst country in the world. Nor am I claiming that any or all other countries are better or worse in any way. Every country has their issues, and that's a fact.

However, America and it's American people are very well known for their absolute love for their country (generally speaking of course). Flags everywhere, chanting "USA, USA, USA!!!" to just about anything, and a seemingly unwavering patriotic mentality. Many American's are excessively proud about their country; and there is nothing wrong with that. However, when the American Government declassifies information about specific actions they take that most would deem "beyond moral reason", many Americans do not even get phased by the information. Some are patriotic to a fault.

This is more of a question than a release of new information, as these declassified files aren't entirely new, and many of them are well known. My question is directed to those American's who still feel that they would bleed on the flag to keep it's stripes red. The American citizens who are seemingly incapable of changing their view about their country. I ask, how do you do it?

Here is the source of this information

1) The US government intentionally poisoned and murdered hundreds of it's citizens by tainting alcohol because it believed it to be a prohibited substance. By adding deadly chemicals to alcohol, they hoped the side effects would be taken notice by their citizens and thus their citizens would steer away from the drink.

The 18th Amendment, which took effect in January 1920, banned the manufacture, sale, and transportation of alcohol — but not consumption. Despite the government's efforts, alcoholism actually skyrocketed during the era.

To keep up with America's thirst, bootleggers not only created their own alcohol but also stole industrial versions, rendered undrinkable by the inclusion of certain chemicals (namely methyl alcohol). Liquor syndicates then employed chemists to "re-nature" the alcohol once again, making it safe for consumption, according to Deborah Blum, author of "The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York."

By mid-1927, however, the U.S. government added much deadlier chemicals — kerosene, chloroform, and acetone among those most well known — which made alcohol more difficult to render consumable again. Adding 10% more methyl alcohol caused the worst efforts.

Although New York City's chief medical examiner, Charles Norris, tried to publicize the dangers, in 1926, poisonous alcohol killed 400 in the city. The next year, 700 died.

2) The U.S. Public Health Service lied about treating black men with syphilis for more than 40 years, to see how syphilis would develop if untreated.

In 1932, the Public Health Service collaborated with the Tuskegee Institute to record the history of syphilis in the black male community, hoping to justify a treatment program.

Called the Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male, the study initially included 600 black men — 399 with the disease and 201 without. While the men were told they would receive treatment, however, the researchers never provided adequate treatment for the disease. Even when penicillin became the preferred and available treatment for syphilis, researchers kept their subjects in the dark.

3) Parts of the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, which led to U.S. intervention in Vietnam, never happened.

After evading a torpedo attack, the USS Maddox reportedly engaged three North Vietnamese boats in the Gulf of Tonkin on both Aug. 2 and 4, 1964, according to the Pentagon Papers. Although without U.S. casualties, the events prompted Congress to pass a resolution allowing President Lyndon John to intervene in the Southeast.

Talk of Tonkin's status as a "false flag" for U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War has permeated public discourse almost since the time of the attacks, especially after the government admitted that the second incident may have involved false radar images.

But after resisting comment for decades, the National Security Agency finally declassified documents in 2005, admitting the incident on Aug. 4 never happened at all.

4) The government tested the effects of L.S.D. on unwitting U.S. and Canadian citizens.

Under the code name "MKUltra," the U.S. government ran a human-research operation within the CIA's Scientific Research Division. Researchers tested the effects of hypnosis, sensory deprivation, isolation, torture, and most memorably, L.S.D., on U.S. and Canadian citizens. Most had no idea.

To conduct these experiments, the CIA paid prisons, hospitals, and other institutions to keep quiet. The department even enticed heroin addicts to participate by offering them heroin, according to documents from a joint hearing to subcommittees of Congress, where President Kennedy spoke.

That day, he regaled Congress with "chilling testimony." Over 30 universities became involved in various studies. Notably, many lacked oversight by medical or scientific professionals. At least one participant, Frank Olsen, died, reportedly from suicide after unknowingly ingesting L.S.D..

There are countless others, and many more that are still classified. We see these same terrible choices even today, the only difference is that the US Government hasn't outwardly clarified that our suspicions are valid, yet.

9/11, the Sandy Hook Shooting, the invasion of the middle-east, so on and so forth.

How can anyone really be so proud of their country if they outwardly admit that they have lied to their citizens, have murdered their citizens, have forced those that want to protect their country by serving in their military to go to war for nothing more than made up instances?

Again, I understand that other countries may be just as bad or even worse, and I understand that not all Americans are patriotic, but it's the ones that do blind-follow and accept everything their government feeds them that makes me so confused as to why they still are.

Because people think to themselves "that all happened in the past maybe, but things are different now."

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Because people think to themselves "that all happened in the past maybe, but things are different now."

I wouldn't want to forget any of it.. Things will only get worse.
Be proud of Americans standing up trying to fight the good fight.
I'm proud of the America that has ME in it, not government corruption.

Or is it that 320,000,000 people are all on the SAME team.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pyramid head
Knew before I clicked it would be a Canadian. Look, you guys are jealous and desperate to be relevant. The truth is, no one cares about Canada, and I feel for you. America like every country has many faults, but we also contribute so much and make many changes for the betterment of society.

If we waited on Canada to come up with anything wed be screwed. Please, just continue with the irrelevant existence that your country is and embrace it. Before bashing the US you should try and fix your country, you could start with speech.

Amen times ten.
Good thing I can post this with free speech to people ALL over the world using interlinked data called the internet, on a site called Abovetopsecret.com

I used to think Canadians were more friendly..
I get it now though. We play the scapegoat for the World..

The past is gone.. Change the future goofy heads.. That's the part we have left.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

America is dead.
Humans living here are like worms feeding on a dead carcase.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

America is dead.
Humans living here are like worms feeding on a dead carcase.

You're in a good mood.
America is not dead, and nor am I.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Really?

I think you need to get out more...

This may sound strange coming from a mod. on a CT website, but maybe you need to take a break, and look around you a little. For all the bad, there's much that's good.

It's right in front of you, if you bother to look.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I used to think Canadians were more friendly..

Don't fall into the trap of stereotyping based on a few samples. Canadians, on the whole, are super folks. ...that includes, in all likelihood, all of 'em here on ATS. Most especially, don't judge on an opinion you disagree with.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Don't fall into the trap of stereotyping based on a few samples. Canadians, on the whole, are super folks. ...that includes, in all likelihood, all of 'em here on ATS. Most especially, don't judge on an opinion you disagree with.

I should have been more clear. I was only talking to one person, but showing it in the same manner as directed at "Americans"
Mass produced right out of the factory in detroit..

Or maybe we're all different?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I love my country, and the constitution for which it was founded upon...the government on the other hand can suck an egg

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Or maybe we're all different?

Such a profound statement, for so few words...

viva la differance.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
I love my country, and the constitution for which it was founded upon...the government on the other hand can suck an egg

A country without a Government is not a country.

So.. I mean there is really only one option..

the people in "THE" government are also people too.

Moving on.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Funny how some don't want to fight ...

Also funny how all some people want to do is fight...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

All governments are corrupt. As far as American patriotism goes though I simply don't agree. We have the flag wavers, but have you ever seriously held a conversation with anyone from Europe? They're in a bunch of relatively small nations that are all trying to maintain cultural distinctiveness. They have rivals, friendship, enmity, and history with each other going back a millennia later than even the earliest US colonies.

While they don't shove a flag in your face and chant in loud obnoxious ways I can honestly say anyone in Europe is far more patriotic than Americans.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was just being a joker there. Testing the humility levels if you get my meaning. America is a bit past any humility though.. Not all America is corrupt. Probably much less than 50 percent are even of complicit minds. And being naive to this countries troubles doesn't make people bad either. It is difficult at best for most Americans to even imagine how far gone the corruption is mainly because they aren't part of the corruption, and beiliving it is a real issue isn't something anyone wishes to be true.

The guilty ones are those in control who hold the rest of us in contempt only because we don't want to agree there is even any corruption.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join