It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Dating Advice for Women

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Though women are more reactive to smells then men are,
The confidence factor comes into play for men in observing females! Though they wouldn't acknowledge, "she was not hot", they would think she was hotter, because the confidence influenced their perception of the womans attractiveness.

Here's an article (not the best, but I am having pain today that is making typing difficult, so don't want to do too much detailed searching- this can be googled by anyone who finds the subject interesting)
source

Researchers at Webster University camped out in a bar, cataloging in painful detail every flirtatious move the patrons made. (Oh, the life of a psychology research assistant.) One move emerged as the absolute best way for a girl to snag a guy: a smile with a direct gaze. “Amazingly, it didn’t matter what these women looked like!” Malkin says. The chicks who got the most approaches by men weren’t the prettiest—they were the hardest working. “A confident woman who sends signals will win out over a pretty, retiring one ever time,” he adds.

Researchers once asked a group of students to treat a “shy and homely” woman as though she were extremely attractive. (I’m not totally clear on the ethics of this research, or who deemed her uggo, but whatever.) Her confidence skyrocketed over the course of the semester, and other, male students (who had no idea she was the subject of guerrilla research) started asking her out. “The more self-assured she was, the more open she was with men—and the more attractive she became,” Malkin notes.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
a reply to: Entreri06

Though women are more reactive to smells then men are,
The confidence factor comes into play for men in observing females! Though they wouldn't acknowledge, "she was not hot", they would think she was hotter, because the confidence influenced their perception of the womans attractiveness.

Here's an article (not the best, but I am having pain today that is making typing difficult, so don't want to do too much detailed searching- this can be googled by anyone who finds the subject interesting)
source

Researchers at Webster University camped out in a bar, cataloging in painful detail every flirtatious move the patrons made. (Oh, the life of a psychology research assistant.) One move emerged as the absolute best way for a girl to snag a guy: a smile with a direct gaze. “Amazingly, it didn’t matter what these women looked like!” Malkin says. The chicks who got the most approaches by men weren’t the prettiest—they were the hardest working. “A confident woman who sends signals will win out over a pretty, retiring one ever time,” he adds.

Researchers once asked a group of students to treat a “shy and homely” woman as though she were extremely attractive. (I’m not totally clear on the ethics of this research, or who deemed her uggo, but whatever.) Her confidence skyrocketed over the course of the semester, and other, male students (who had no idea she was the subject of guerrilla research) started asking her out. “The more self-assured she was, the more open she was with men—and the more attractive she became,” Malkin notes.

I would bet it has more to do with seeming approachable and guys trying to be "realistic".

What good does it do to hit on a 10 when you know your a 6.... I personally will go after the chic I consider the most even match. Assuming (prob wrongly) that the more attractive chic knows she can do better! :p

The colledge experiment is a pretty close approximation. But how much was due to expanding her social circle. All these guys who were pretending have friends that might have not previously had the oppertunity.

I guess some of it would change due to the guys economic status. There are far more women who will marry or mate for money then guys. Not because of some moral high ground, but I figure just because society stuff. Women constantly choose men for reasons having nothing to do with looks. Men have only 2 real criteria. Looks and loyalty.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join