It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Dating Advice for Women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Well now isn't your last line the truth of the matter .Talk about boiling the issue down . nuf said :>)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

yes it does

generally:
it doesn't matter how u look

the audecity is the so so sexy part

same goes for woman

I wish I didn't have to repeat this

because I am bi I am using female / male but I am speaking on my behalf

edit on 31-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree with the OP.

It works.

I recall many years ago, before I was married, I had a girlfriend, then we broke up. Nothing unusual there. However, here is OPs theory in action:

My ex wanted me back, she wrote me letters (that's how long ago it was) professing her love to me. Now, at the time, I wanted nothing more to do with her. I remember talking to an associate female about the whole thing. I showed my associate female the letters etc. Asked her advice etc on how to get my ex to stop bugging me.

Long story short, I banged my female associate - and her comments were, "no wonder she wanted you back so badly."

Never thought about that again until this OP. Star and flag dude.
edit on 31-5-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have never played games with men. Women should be themselves without having to prove anything.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ditto. Haven't thought about any "formulas" for dating success since 10th grade.

By the way, I think we are essentially unaware of many of the factors which attract us to the other gender. There is much to be said for chemistry, consciously and subconsciously don't you think? "The heart has it's reasons"; "love at first sight", and all that. : )

Now.. the actual process for selecting a spouse, usually requires some thinking. But the chemistry is usually a done deal within the first few minutes you meet someone. Especially for males I think.

"The force is strong with them". lol.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Sure. Girls in their 20's are insecure enough to compete with other women over men. Girls in their 30's still do but not as much. 40 year old women have enough confidence in themselves to not care. But social proof is still a real thing no matter what the age. If you're on a date with a man and haven''t decided your stance yet, and a beautiful woman comes up and chats him up or if a bunch of guys chat him up (1 hot girl = 3-4 guys) then your stance will shift more in favor of your date.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am a woman and I am totally not as you described.

I have a few exes on my facebook but not one picture of me with a man. I even deleted some pictures of me with men that I was tagged in, regardless of the intensity of the relationship. I never put relationship status on facebook, unless I get married and then it would be if I started using facebook again. I even deleted a few exes from facebook because there was too much feeling there and it was tangible.

This is also true for the rest of my life, I tend to not say much about relationships, and even to men I have dated, I prefer not to. I am very private and I like it that way.

As for introducing a man I am in a relationship with to women, no thanks, I know how bitchy other women are and I prefer not to. I have a few selective female friends and I don't trust anyone much at all, least of all other women when it comes to men. There are a few 'friends' from school that always hated me for dating guys they fancied, even though they made the first move and some are jealous of the intensity of some male friendships, bonds forged over emotional times during childhood and as teenagers. Some of those women as girls tried going after all my boyfriends as 'revenge' and a few even tried competing again recently as soon as they get a hint of a relationship, even though they are either married or in long term relationships. Some of my relationships formed deep ties and those will always be there, regardless of relationship status, love is love, it doesn't always men 'in love' in M/F relationships.

As for men, there was a man I was in love with years ago, that I knew I could never trust, he was always too much of an attention seeker and liked being attractive to other women, total turn off, I soon grew out of love for him. Most men I have dated / engaged to have been jealous even if they denied it but I never intentionally made them jealous, I am more ethical than that.

As for men being more attractive in relationships, not to me they aren't. Unattractive men are just as unattractive to me regardless of their relationship status. Attractive men are less attractive to me if they are in a relationship as I wouldn't consider them as having potential for being a partner due to already being off the shelf. I also have scruples and am not the sort of woman that goes after other women's partners.
edit on 31-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sorry.. not trying to appear dense but I'm not quite sure what you're saying/asking?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

woman don't compete for man amongst them selves .
i would say that is a male trait

Yes and no. Women would compete 'in the moment' like in a nightclub or where there are a lot of other women around. But only during that time, tomorrow meh, they forgot about you. Men won't do that, we're more chill in those environments because we have to be. However with that said, in a long-term kind of thing, yes we'll compete 'overtime'. Weeks, months, years sometimes. Courting if you will and being the 'better man'. But that's all strategy. Women in a competitive mode have no strategy lol. It's pretty obvious when they go amok over a guy.
edit on 31-5-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

lol so true

drop the age

applies to all 20-30-40-50

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

This thread kind of brings to mind the "women are more attracted to men wearing wedding bands" thing.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

no dont say sorry.. I was saying that I am too dense to
understand what u added to the question when I asked

what do u want from woman

you replied but I have no idea what you said

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah

This thread kind of brings to mind the "women are more attracted to men wearing wedding bands" thing.

is that true?

I know I am a dude, but, I just got instantly turned off.
re-imaged with a girl wedding band.. made it worse I think..

haha.

edit on 31-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

a guy with a wedding ring

least attractive

even a tan line of a ring is repulsive

single dad hella attractive
single mum hella attractive

(*bi perspective )

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Hmm .. never really put that into contemplation before. I suppose a good starting point would be genuinely enjoying each other's company

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When I was 19, I was on vacation with two friends on a tiny greek island to celebrate our graduation from high school. This island was so well known for casual sex that nobody went there for anything else. All you had to do was go into a Tequila bar and find your match. But one day on the beach during the course of the afternoon, I asked two girls out for that night and made a date with both of them for 9 pm. They didn’t know each other, one was English and the other was Swedish, and they both thought they were meeting me alone…

I never intended for both of them to show up, just figured I might as well raise my chances in case one or both didn’t show up, which was very likely on this island. But at 9:10 pm that evening, Murphy’s Law struck me big time…

I was sitting at the bar by myself, and around 8:55, the English girl showed up and joined me at the bar for a drink. We got along great right away, but as you can imagine, I kept one eye on the door as if it was a baby crawling along the edge of a swimming pool. The splash came around 9:10 when the Swedish girl walked through that door looking absolutely stunning. She walked right up to me, said hello with a smile and then looked to her right at the English competition. At that point, I became the observer, as they fired one question after the other, at each other… The words are a blur to me now, but the image of their anger heating up in front of me will never leave me. There I was feeling guilty as sin, and I wasn’t getting any heat from either of them at all.

That’s when sh*t got real. The English girl called the Swedish girl out to take it outside. I was trying to calm them down as both of them rushed through the exit door at the same time,. They were fuming and already going into cat-fight mode. But luckily, things didn’t escalate to a full-blown cat-fight in the middle of the narrow street the three of us found ourselves in.

I managed to take control of the situation by telling them that it was my responsibility to sort it out, and that I would do so immediately. Spoke to them in a calm voice, telling them that I liked them both equally, and that I didn’t want to hurt their feelings anymore than I already had. I offered to go out with one of them that night, and then with the other one the following night, and we’d toss a coin to see who would be first… (I know, it’s horrible, but please keep the context of this sex island and my youthful libidinous nature in mind.)

And so it went. The Swede won the coin toss (the grin on her face aimed at her competitor was priceless), and the English girl did her best to keep her pride intact as she gracefully walked away into the setting sun. The story ends well, because things went exactly as agreed upon, and both nights were quite unforgettable.

soulwaxer
edit on 31-5-2015 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

...Yeah, and then you woke up with a big smile on your face.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Lol a coin toss? I'd hate to be either girl willfully participating in a "whoever wins the coin toss gets homeboy first" situation.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Haha!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join