It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It was obviously a probe. Everyone knows extremists prefer Coke ... and the crazy ones go full-on diet.

She'll be ordering regular Pepsi when it's time to go live.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So ats members really believe this story? Come on... I'm not saying its fake, but it could of been "acted" to get an emotional response. . A emotional response from radicals inside amerika

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
So ats members really believe this story? Come on... I'm not saying its fake, but it could of been "acted" to get an emotional response. . A emotional response from radicals inside amerika

Its a story that's out there, i don't believe,as probably many ATS members don't, however ........... should you not be directing you question to the sheeple on FacePalm (clarification, real name FaceBook) rather than the members of ATS

Just asking

CbG
edit on 2015-05-31T08:02:17-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 08:02:17 -0500bSunday0205America/Chicago158 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This has me thinking about all the flights I have taken over the past 20 years and I can't recall ever getting a closed can of soda.

It's always been they either use an opened can or open and pour into a plastic cup.

Is it confirmed anywhere that airlines have regulations against giving out a closed can?

The prevention of resale that someone else mentioned makes sense and also explains why people can get a can of beer since they paid for it.
edit on 31-5-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: reldra
I didn't know where to put this. posse comitatus wasn't allowing me to post. Denied unopened Soda

This might seem small, but others were treated differently than she was. I find it discriminatory.

I find it insane. The man next to her gets an unopened can of beer, but she can't get an unopened can of diet coke? And what the hell do they mean by using it as a weapon??? "Do as I say, or I'll shake this can really, really, hard and then open it in your face! I'm not bluffing!"

quite a wepon my mate got hit by someone with one bew his orbital socket out and fractured forehead and cheek

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: reldra
I didn't know where to put this. posse comitatus wasn't allowing me to post. Denied unopened Soda

This might seem small, but others were treated differently than she was. I find it discriminatory.

I find it insane. The man next to her gets an unopened can of beer, but she can't get an unopened can of diet coke? And what the hell do they mean by using it as a weapon??? "Do as I say, or I'll shake this can really, really, hard and then open it in your face! I'm not bluffing!"

quite a wepon my mate got hit by someone with one bew his orbital socket out and fractured forehead and cheek

Still not gonna get you to the flight deck, ok, knock a few passengers and fight attendants out, now what, wait to land and for sure cuffs and blue lights, just saying ........ my laptop in hand baggage compartment would cause more damage
edit on 2015-05-31T08:16:48-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 08:16:48 -0500bSunday1605America/Chicago158 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

And what the hell do they mean by using it as a weapon??? "Do as I say, or I'll shake this can really, really, hard and then open it in your face! I'm not bluffing!"

Man honestly, when i read things like this it makes me shudder, i mean, i know i may have lived a different life to some people but i guess i will live longer too.

Let me explain.
Place one can of soft drink into one medium or full length sock or pillow case, tie a knot in the open end or just hold with tightness then repeatedly strike your victim to the head and body for your desired amount of times. this method works better if the can is frozen. can also be used with frozen fruit, tap end's or any hard smallish object.
See not so hard is it

End of lesson!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Exactly. I don't believe much of this woman's story. My bs meter is going through the roof.

I don't believe her that other people were given unopened cans. Opening cans before handing them to the customers is companies policy and I've never been on a flight where anything else occurred.

For the man saying something to her. Maybe something was said but I doubt her version of events. I don't think many passengers would sit by and let someone treat another like that.

I believe she was incensed by not being given an open can and was looking to make a big deal out of this.

Funny how this site is about denying ignorance but the usual social justice warriors are in this thread jumping to conclusions based on partial facts. This seems to occur on every single hot button story these days.

This places tag line should be changed to embrace ignorance.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

And what the hell do they mean by using it as a weapon??? "Do as I say, or I'll shake this can really, really, hard and then open it in your face! I'm not bluffing!"

Man honestly, when i read things like this it makes me shudder, i mean, i know i may have lived a different life to some people but i guess i will live longer too.

Let me explain.
Place one can of soft drink into one medium or full length sock or pillow case, tie a knot in the open end or just hold with tightness then repeatedly strike your victim to the head and body for your desired amount of times. this method works better if the can is frozen. can also be used with frozen fruit, tap end's or any hard smallish object.
See not so hard is it

End of lesson!

OK, good for prisons or town life. Think about this, you are 30,000 ft up, in a pressuirsed tube, what's going to happen once that tube lands? the song "nowhere to run" springs to mind, you have ZERO chance of diverting the aircraft, the Pilot and Co remain safe while we have a phycho running amok in the cabin, pilot an co-pilot say WTF but land at destination anyway, after calling LEO ahead. Duh

Sorry unopened little tin of coke

CbG
r

edit on 2015-05-31T08:36:46-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 08:36:46 -0500bSunday3605America/Chicago158 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-05-31T08:37:57-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 08:37:57 -0500bSunday3705America/Chicago158 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe the flight attendant accidentally/absent-mindedly handed off the unopened beer? The flight attendant wasn't hateful, the pasenger was.

Kind of stupid to be so particular about hygiene on a plane, squeezed in like sardines, breathing the same dank, recycled air as everyone else.

First world problems....
edit on 5/31/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Let me explain.
See not so hard is it

End of lesson!

OK, good for prisons or town life. Think about this, you are 30,000 ft up, in a pressuirsed tube, what's going to happen once that tube lands? the song "nowhere to run" springs to mind

CbG

the question was how can it be used as a weapon not how can you escape. no problem at all.
is you going to prison going to worry the guy bleeding out while waiting to find an emergency place to land, thats the bigger question, it also pays to remember rational people dont do irrational things.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Let me explain.
See not so hard is it

End of lesson!

OK, good for prisons or town life. Think about this, you are 30,000 ft up, in a pressuirsed tube, what's going to happen once that tube lands? the song "nowhere to run" springs to mind

CbG

the question was how can it be used as a weapon not how can you escape. no problem at all.
is you going to prison going to worry the guy bleeding out while waiting to find an emergency place to land, thats the bigger question, it also pays to remember rational people dont do irrational things.

In that case, anything can be used as a weapon, including my fingers, pen, coins etc, etc, do i have to have my arms and legs amputated before flying (read back to my previous comments before replying to this) or do we ban "Tins" on flights

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, Add story here ......... perhaps we could make a movie

Ta

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Broken plastic spoons and forks are weapons too

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Broken plastic spoons and forks are weapons too

Like i said, anything becomes a weapon if you want it too. Bottom line is, yeah cause mayhem in the passenger compartment, you will never access the cockpit, so, whats the point, only point of accessing the cockpit is to re-direct the flight somewhere else, never going to happen since 9/11. My point is, what the point? in other words, it will never happen again

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yo dentists says drinking soda is poor hygiene.

Rots the teeth, and all.

Dunno if this is true or not.

Asking for a unopened can of soda for 'hygiene'.

Not jumping off the cliff of

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Nothing small about this. She was denied an unopened can because the crew assumed she could use it as a weapon and that's because she's Muslim. So she is clearly being discriminated against because as we all know all Muslims are violent extremists and their weapon of choice is a soda can!

This air crew reeks of bigotry.
edit on 31-5-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've only heard of this happening on flights that are expected to be experiencing turbulence.
Unless this was flight 549 and the passenger sitting next to her was Max Fenig it makes no sense.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
airlines are THE WORST part of any trip, they are now making billions in profit, yet still refuse to put in GPS because of the cost. there have been engineering ideas for deploying a high-speed parachute in passenger airlines to be deployed in imminent crash scenarios, again the cost is prohibitive....I myself have to have an aisle seat, so I can get up and stretch every 30 minutes or so, Due to a circulatory problem. that cuts out 2/3 of the available seating. at 6'2", 240 pounds, economy class is like sitting down in a 1st graders desk. couple that with the recirculated air that makes any bacteria or virus available to all the passengers on board, regardless of where you sit....and people, for god's sake...PUT YOUR SHOES BACK ON!!....if I want your smelly toes planted firmly under my nose for 5 hours, I'll ask you...otherwise, knock it off!!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Casual bigotry at its worst I'm afraid.

The airline have issued an apology. Seems they have some serious PR work to carry out now.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sounds like some employees have the "better safe than sorry" attitude.

Maybe they thought somebody would take the can with them to another plane without a TSA checkpoint.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join