It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Police Have Killed Nearly 400 People (So Far) This Year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkipperJohn

Gang members are expected to kill people, so why does that matter?

Comparing cops to gangs doesn't work, unless you want to call the cops a gang as well.
And of all the deaths this year, most have been from auto accidents and heart attacks.
Total of 25 out of 54
Of the 54, 14 have been from gun fire ETA: which is second highest behind auto accident
Deaths are down 16% from last year.
Gunfire deaths are down 26%

Context is very important.
edit on stSun, 31 May 2015 17:55:22 -0500America/Chicago520152280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You are looking at this all wrong. It's not that we are psychologically and chemically pacified to the point that we refuse to do anything. That has NOTHING to do with it.

The reality is that the media and a few small groups are trying to make a big deal out of something that ISN'T a big deal. I am sorry if I am offending you when I say that Mike Brown's death means nothing to 99.99% of the US. Same goes for Freddy Gray. The reason it seems like a big deal is due to the MSM having an agenda to try and divide the US population. You can't conquer a people who all come together. Forcing racism down people's throats will eventually cause even the most logical and level headed people back to their more primal tribalistic nature. White VS Black. Yellow vs Red. Male vs Female.

Most people see Mike Brown as a thug that deserved to die. There is a very small and vocal group in the US that has nothing better to do and is backed by big money(Soros is one of them) so they go out and "protest". The media picks up on this and blows it out of proportion.

Mike Brown wasn't some good kid who was getting his life together. He was a plague on his community and deserved to die. Both investigations showed this to be true.

Things aren't "changing" because most people don't want them to.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

You are looking at this all wrong.

When did I mention Mike Brown?

Are you sure I'm the one looking at this wrong?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Where do you get this .01% of people care?
There is no way you could possibly know that.

He was a plague on his community and deserved to die.

Constitution be damned right?

The DOJ just said it wasn't racially motivated,thought they found the rest of the department in violation, they didn't do a criminal investigation into it.

Nothing is getting shoved down our throat, people just say that when they can't stick their head in the sand and act like it isn't a problem.

edit on stSun, 31 May 2015 17:59:29 -0500America/Chicago520152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

why did the cops shoot the people. let me pick one..

In Bakersfield, Calif., all three of the department’s killings occurred in a span of 10 days in March. The most recent involved Adrian Hernandez, a 22-year-old Hispanic man accused of raping his roommate, dousing her with flammable liquid and setting fire to their home.

After a manhunt, police cornered Hernandez, who jumped out of his car holding a BB gun. Police opened fire, and some Bakersfield residents say they are glad the officers did.

well. so am I.

seems like most shootings are justified. a few have question marks. Seems easy.. don't do the crime and you will not meet your maker sooner then expected.
edit on 31-5-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Constitution be damned? Not at all...

It is called survival. The world doesn't work the way you want it to. It isn't perfectly cut and dry in every scenario. If someone is trying to kill you, you have the right to defend yourself.

If you don't think the MSM is pushing an agenda, you aren't thinking logically.
edit on 31-5-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Mike Brown is the poster child for this "movement".

No need to play dumb.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Mike Brown is the poster child for this "movement".

What "movement"? We can't object to the activities of the police without being part of some "movement" with a BS racial agenda?

Were we not objecting before Mike Brown? For decades?

You want to make it about this person or that, this race or that, this class or that, when it's really all people, races, and classes that are being subjugated by these thugs. All of us should be very concerned.

The "movement" you speak of, with Mike Brown as the "poster child", is controlled opposition intended to divide us along racial lines.

I'm not falling for it.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You want to make it about this person or that, this race or that, this class or that, when it's really all people, races, and classes that are being subjugated by these thugs. All of us should be very concerned.

I would hope that you are referring to the criminals as thugs...
edit on 31-5-2015 by Gothmog because: correction

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

When the police illegally harass or assault a person, they are by definition a "criminal". Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Just because they can get away with breaking the law, it doesn't give them a right, or make it morally justified!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

There are some real issues that need to be addressed regarding police brutality. I have been saying those same things for a long time as well. I am not trying to divide with race...how could I be?

I am specifically targeting the current policy brutality movement as the fraud it is. It is based on lies and racism.

That is why the MSM has been pushing these stories so hard.

Of course nothing will get done when we make this about race.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

When the police illegally harass or assault a person, they are by definition a "criminal". Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Just because they can get away with breaking the law, it doesn't give them a right, or make it morally justified!

NM . Just noticed you avatar.........

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

NM . Just noticed you avatar.........

Yeah, its the flag of the Eureka Stockade. 120 miners rebelled against the UK government and Victoria police because of harassment and unfair regulations. Without going into detail, it resulted in us gaining our independents from the UK and was the birth of democracy in Australia. It might even be argued that it played a large roll in the ingrained culture of Australians demanding good working conditions. Hence, why we have some of the best workers rights in the world to this day.

I guess, sometimes the people just have to violently revolt against the PTB to force change.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: rockintitz

I wonder how many were shot and then it is discovered that they were carrying? Look I am not the enemy here, nor are a percentage of innocents that have been shot. Everyone seems to be looking for a race to blame. For a race to raise up in glory because of their race. Individuals, always individuals. United we will stand divided we will fall.

I'm sorry if I impied anything remotely racial. (Still not sure I did)

It just seemed that you have a limited knowledge of firearms.. Or at least I inferred that from your first post.
edit on 1-6-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Oh you are right. I am limited on my Knowledge no matter how I have been groomed to protect and defend by generations of Men in my Family. You know my Family was at the signing of the Declaration? None of the "known" names, just the hard working back bone that have stood for everything this proud Country truly represents. It could not have been signed without the brave defenders standing by to ensure the safety of those present, but history has a way of forgetting the true heroes of the day in lue of the political revere.

Nice reply, thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join