It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Is Fighting , Are You ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

“I will force the expiration of the NSA illegal spy program,” the Senator from Kentucky wrote in a statement on his presidential campaign website. “I am ready and willing to start the debate on how we fight terrorism without giving up our liberty.”

Get em Rand !

Earlier this month, the House passed the bipartisan USA Freedom Act which would provide new limits on the NSA data collection. It would do away with Patriot Act’s controversial Section 215, but give phone companies the responsibility of maintaining phone records that the government could search.

“Last week, seeing proponents of this illegal spying rushing toward a deadline to wholesale renew this unconstitutional power, I filibustered the bill. I spoke for over 10 hours to call attention to the vast expansion of the spy state and the corresponding erosion of our liberties,” Paul said in a statement on Sunday.

Yes , Yes sir you did a stellar job at that 'filibuster'/long speech. (ETA: Phage say's it's not a filibuster )

How many people watched it ?

Then, last week, I further blocked the extension of these powers and the Senate adjourned for recess rather than stay and debate them,” he added.

Take her home Rand !

The Senate is being called back on Sunday just hours before the midnight deadline.

And the kill shot !

“Tomorrow, I will force the expiration of the NSA illegal spy program,” Paul vowed.

I am glad to see this man and his colleagues trying hard to kill this bill This is our freedom on the line folks !

I know many of you are in that "awww F -IT ! it's pointless " state of mind , But its not pointless ! TPTB want us to feel powerless .

"There has to be another way. We will find it together,'' Paul tweeted. "I do not do this to obstruct. I do it to build something better, more effective, more lasting and more cognizant of who we are."

F'n A Rand !

I don't know about you folks but I stand with Rand and do what I can .

Rand Paul for POTUS 2016

Read more HERE
edit on 31-5-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Do we all really still fall for all this? To just watch as all POTUS fall to the same human fallacies of greed, power, and legacy.

Why ride any candidates wagon so hard when they all end in disappointment anyway?

I lean right by the way. Just saying, why the cheerleading?

Eta: If Rand is voted in and he needs or feels spying to be done. It will be done. Would we find out that time around? I've seen a lot of stances change once someone is voted in POTUS. No candidate from any party will be different.
edit on 31-5-2015 by Passive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Passive

Do we all really still fall for all this? To just watch as all POTUS fall to the same human fallacies of greed, power, and legacy.

Why ride any candidates wagon so hard when they all end in disappointment anyway?

I lean right by the way. Just saying, why the cheerleading?

Any potential candidate that is putting in this much fight to protect our rights and save our liberties I support 100%

When was the last time a Presidential candidate fought for us and our rights ?

Hell at least he is fighting and not just running around making empty promises!

It's Obvious you haven't been paying attention ,nor did you watch the filibuster I am willing to wager.

You can start by looking at his political history .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Hell at least he his fighting and not just running around making empty promises!
What fighting? What promises has he fulfilled?

It's Obvious you haven't been paying attention ,nor did you watch the filibuster I am willing to wager.
Do you know what a filibuster is? Because what he did, wasn't. It was a decent campaign speech though.

You mean like this? He's a politician. He rides the tide.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Hell at least he his fighting and not just running around making empty promises!
What fighting?

Do you know what a filibuster is? Because what he did, wasn't.

Fighting to kill the Patriot act

fil·i·bus·ter
ˈfiləˌbəstər/Submit
noun
an action such as a prolonged speech that obstructs progress in a legislative assembly while not technically contravening the required procedures.
www.cnn.com...

And are you doing anything to stop the NSA or patriot act ?

you linked me a link that is about Rand's position on gay marriage ?

I’m for traditional marriage,” Paul said. “I think marriage is between a man and a woman. Ultimately, we could have fixed this a long time ago if we just allowed contracts between adults. We didn’t have to call it marriage, which offends myself and a lot of people.”

Big deal ? everyone is entitled to an opinion .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

an action such as a prolonged speech that obstructs progress in a legislative assembly while not technically contravening the required procedures.
Except it did not obstruct anything. Right? Last I checked.

Haven't you heard? I'm running for President!

Big deal ? everyone is entitled to an opinion .
Yes, but the "opinions" of politicians are a bit more than that. But that's really not an opinion. I'd call it a waffle. "Some of my best friends..."
edit on 5/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Except it did not obstruct anything. Right? Last I checked.

Haven't you heard? I'm running for President!

Put a hefty delay in the voting process the end goal being the expiration of the PA . Got any better Ideas ?

And if you Ran for POTUS you would have my vote you guy!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Well plenty of people thought barry was fighting for their rights too.

News flash, people lie.
People running for POTUS, lie even more.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well plenty of people thought barry was fighting for their rights too.

News flash, people lie.
People running for POTUS, lie even more.

Actions speak louder than words my friend

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
But will he fight for our right to party?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

And would his actions be his voting record and his filibuster?

That is all good for now, but his promises of what he will do as POTUS can not have action till he gets into the office.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Isn't he the one who wants government and federal reserve transperency act?

Basicly for all of them to submit to an audit?

From memory there is even a petion going around if you guys want the bill to pass

The new measure would require the Government Accountability Office to conduct an audit of the Federal Reserve Board and the 12 Federal Reserve Banks within 12 months of enactment. A report to Congress would be due 90 days after the audits were completed by the nonpartisan congressional watchdog.

edit on 31-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

The petition won't pass the bill it just is supposed to get it addressed.

But yes I do believe that is one of his stances.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Imagine you all gang up and nobody votes

Is interesting to read all of this..

so if you all here writing in this thread could decide together about what should your government look like and who should be in charge ... what would it be

what do you Americans want

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Here is one of the promises he made while campaigning that he has fulfilled. He has run his office is such a manner that he has returned over a million dollars back to treasury since taking office. www.npr.org...

He's my senator and although I don't agree with him on every issue, he's the closest thing to an honest man I've seen in that office for a very, very long time. I had a few quite long conversations with him when he was considering the run and I am convinced that we share the same love of freedom and faith in the Constitution.
Having said that, I don't think he should be running for president at this time and I've expressed that opinion to him. We don't need another inexperienced guy in there who will be manipulated due to party allegiance.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Regardless of what happens...we are all still going to be spied upon; TPTB will find ways to continue spying and most likely have perfected those ways already. It does not matter what Mr. Paul says or does or how the laws are written; the spying on (we the people) will continue.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I would have expected our elected representatives to be standing up for the American public against something that is clearly illegal and unconstitutional. I mean they do take an oath, "to protect and defend the constitution of the United States." Doesn't this tell the story of who our representatives really work for? They've proven time and time again, they're lap dogs for the powers that be. Unsubstantiated fear has allowed our congress to give a green light to invading a sovereign nation like Iraq, and stomp on our constitutional rights here at home.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I'm with you Kapusta, I believe Paul is genuine in his effort.

Go Rand!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
Regardless of what happens...we are all still going to be spied upon; TPTB will find ways to continue spying and most likely have perfected those ways already. It does not matter what Mr. Paul says or does or how the laws are written; the spying on (we the people) will continue.

It does matter, legally.

The formerly violated (but still illegal to violate) rights have become, through such vague language as to encompass the whole of our citizenry, now "technically legal" to violate.

While I agree that surveillance will neither stop nor reduce as a result of the sunsetting, it would restore the rights of individuals to not have their intercepted data illegally used against them in domestic cases having nothing to do with national security. The DOJ has been accused of obfuscating the origination of evidence too so, this is only a first step with regard to garden variety corruption unrelated to the patriot act.

Also, it is important to remember that the US government is only one of many entities which surveille packets.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What fighting? What promises has he fulfilled?

Do you know what a filibuster is? Because what he did, wasn't. It was a decent campaign speech though.

I knew sooner or later a subject would come up you are completely uninformed on.

Rand Paul has kept his positions since he came to office.

Go look at his stance on the issues. He says out right he is against gay marriage. Would you prefer a politician that lies do you?
edit on 31-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join