It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful handmade knives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
www.sageblades.com...

While I was browsing the internet, I ran across one of my favorite things....edged weapons. Now, I shave with a straight razor and the one I found is one that I would give my eye teeth for. The handle is ancient mammoth ivory! [ drool drool ] All these are hand made, one of a kind.....I think pieces of art is a apt description. Enough of my rambling, let's see some knives!

Some of these are so beautiful, I don't think I could bring myself to actually use them.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Very organic looking...

Nice to see craftsmanship of this kind still exists.

As to your comment on them being too beautiful to use...up close wet-work can be messy, you have a valid point.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Check out knives of Alaska for true craftsmanship and dare I say it more practical design

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nice Artwork there!!
I like the wrench razor they make.
I would like to try and forge one.

Have you heard of Crusader Forge Blades?
IMO, the best on the market right now.
Pricey, and with a back-order, but well worth it.

Thanks for the share

link

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Holy crap, that Kukri at the bottom is stunning.

I love my boline but I might have to replace it in my herb station if I had that blade there.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh, I like that. I like that a lot.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

PRACTICAL!
We can buy that anywhere.
I want a work of art..krithargus.deviantart.com...
Noone has the skill (aparently) as they run way when they see them or myself the cash to pay UNGODLY amounts of money to pay them.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You outta see the rest of their stuff

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Looks like something handy if they open the bottomless pit.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

might BE from it myself...Its to be my Klingon sword so practicality need not apply.

SOOOOO jealous of those who do this by the way.
Bad lungs from war and living in an apartment suck.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have much appreciation for finely crafted blades.
I prefer to see them as multi-purpose tools first and weapons only if necessary.
Hell, I'd take on a blade with a good rock in a combat situation.
One is good for slashing, the other is good for smashing.

edit on 30-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Always used a Gerber MkII as a scout for fighting and a hatchet for prying /chopping.
THEY are making GREAT hatchets these days.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Not bad guys. I like them all... the straight razor especially.

There is a forum of real good blacksmiths that make incredible things for paypal. I cannot post the link... and if I did all your wives would hate me.

Just trust me... and please listen. Buy from blacksmiths first. I even have one in Ukraine I have bought 8 from.

trust me.... if it comes from a factory (maybe other than one called benchmade) you are screwing yourself. Handmade is the way to go in the hands of a professional. The temper is always perfect and its always guaranteed.

cheers

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: skunkape23

Always used a Gerber MkII as a scout for fighting and a hatchet for prying /chopping.
THEY are making GREAT hatchets these days.

I have my great grandfather's carpenter's hatchet.
It is a great tool. I have wielded it as a threatening weapon once, with good cause, and it was very effective.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Pretty! Precious. Yes, pretty Precious!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
These knives truly are amazing,If I owned them I don't think I could ever bring myself to part with them.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Simply stunning. I'm a welder by trade, though that's not what I do anymore. When I was a junior in high school got to move from NH back to NY to work for a real blacksmith.
His hobby when he wasn't making masterful pieces of art was to make knives and swords. To this day he, and my welding mentor who did everything from underwater welding to welding for NASA are the two most talented people I've ever met.
The knives in the OP remind me quite a bit of what he used to make. I'm still in touch with him, I'll see if I can get him to send some pictures over. My first task in training under him was to make a knife. It looked like a piece of rebar compared to what I've seen at the link but it was a very satisfying thing to make. I gave it to my brother for his first knife, I'll have my mom send some pictures.
Thank you so much for sharing David!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I will tell you what is stunning , those prices lol. They are insanely expensive for a knife.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SunPraiser
These knives truly are amazing,If I owned them I don't think I could ever bring myself to part with them.

Or *gasp* use them.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Those are great!

My wife bought me a hand made Damascus Folding Knife for my birthday a few years ago. I love the look of Damascus Steel

edit on 30/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join