It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! The Taste Of Humble Pie Is Terrible!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I love spell check , more so since the letter n started needing a real tap to work . Apart from that though it doesn't matter a real lot as being Australian i have a right to butcher the English language .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Why didn't you post this in the other thread?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Good, bien, ka pai, bagus chat ya soon.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I, now, realize that even grammar nazis are not that great at punctuation.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I am very sorry to hear that you weren't embraced for your point. I find the poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar here to be atrocious and a shame. I'm not sure if it is a reflection on our school systems or the lack of education, but neither of these are an excuse as people can continue to educate themselves their whole lives. Without good spelling, punctuation, and grammar, communication breaks down and gets confusing. I find a certain book about this problem quite amusing. Titled Eats, Shoots & Leaves. Or is it... Eats shoots, and leaves? Or Eats shoots and leaves. Or Eats. Shoots. And Leaves. Eating something, then shooting something, then heading out. Or eating the shoots of plants then taking off. Or eating the shoots and leaves of plants.... all the same words, just the punctuation that matters. Yet people here seem to care little and would rather belittle people for promoting how to communicate well. Shove the humble pie aside and take pride in your attempts to HELP others.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I am far more interested in whether you are a Neocon Zionist warmonger

Or a good person

Rather than grammar.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I can speak two languages:
English & foul.

I'll usually let punctuation & spelling slide if I can understand the general gist of things.
However, there are limits to my patience. That's another story though.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I was fairly decent with grammar in the past, not great but decent. Then I experienced something that messed me up pretty bad. PTSD and the works. Ever since them I find I struggle with it immensely. Everything will look just fine to me, and then when I reread it later that day or the next, I start to see the errors. Always to late to edit on ATS. The worse my symptoms are, the more I struggle. It is a huge source of frustration. I struggle with speaking out loud now too. I forget words and have difficulty putting what I want to say into sentences that make sense.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Does it taste like crow? Minus the feathers I hope.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

yummy yummy a crow in my tummy

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thank you! I did not take into account certain circumstances, however, I am not and have never been one of those pick, pick, pick at you types. I am right to be annoyed by laziness, but I am more and will be more forgiving from this point forward when it does come to certain aspects.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Just a necessary action for my reaction to the insensitivity I displayed in my rant OP! Thank you, but really, I have been humbled!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Greathouse
Good grief, I've spent the afternoon reading stuff by Mark Twain. Synchronicity!

What a great author he was! We shall have a discussion about synchronizing another day!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yeah but he was a writer that used many opportunities to exhibit creative license and that is allowed, even here. I just get irritated by obvious things that can be written better. I do have a better understanding though that all things are not created equal!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

No humble pie necessary, as long as folks can exchange thoughts and ideas, and the info is understood, that is more important than technicalities isn't it?

The humbleness in me could not be kept in. The exchange of ideas and the info shared is great, but the impact is lessened when the writing is distracting. Info shared from another source is still valuable, but if the OP can not put forth what they are trying to say properly then the thoughts may get lost in the shuffle!

I can be more forgiving if it is just a punctuation here and a misspelled word there. Prior to my rant in the other OP, I did not think of other factors and I will be more forgiving of those indicators. However, I will still get irritated by lazy people that will not take the time to form proper sentences and attempt to do things without making an effort.

I think those will be more readily recognizable to me now.
edit on 6 1 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OKD...obsessive Kat disorder! See, I just did it!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33

Yeah but he was a writer that used many opportunities to exhibit creative license and that is allowed, even here. I just get irritated by obvious things that can be written better. I do have a better understanding though that all things are not created equal!

There's a star for honesty.

One thing you might do so responses like that do not irritate you . Read them like that poster is talking to you it makes them easier to understand .

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Still waiting for that U2U incidentally!

I get that being rushed and hectic are not indicators of being lazy. I would not begin to think for one moment that I can predict or assume what another member is doing when they decide to post or from where they are posting or how they are posting. I just think if they want to get attention there is a better way to do so than being a donkey. For instance, my rant was short sighted and did not take into account certain aspects. I looked like a donkey for ranting about it and I did not like that.

I could have taken a deep breath and tried to look at things from a different perspective (which I pride myself in doing under most circumstances) and I did not. I was rushed and impulsive and did not exhibit the compassion that I claim to possess.
edit on 6 1 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OKD...obsessive Kat disorder! See, I just did it!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You are to kind and thank you! Blessings to you as well!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You may be right about the generation observation. There could be some truth to that for some instances. I am not one to judge based on that part of the equation because I am just an old fart. It is the reason that I did not take into account that other people do this by phone and use auto correct functions to fix their spelling. Does the auto correct fix the punctuation and grammar or do they just fix the spelling?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join