It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! The Taste Of Humble Pie Is Terrible!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I wrote a rant about punctuation and spelling in member posts and I was put smack dab in my place. I mean this sincerely! I was wrong and I apologize to any and all who have had this problem. I, now, realize that not everything is created equal. I will just worry about my own punctuation and spelling from now on. It seems I forgot to remember this is an international forum, aside from the fact many of you do this from other technological devices. I was, also, very insensitive to the plight of those that may be less educated as well!

I will say this though, just in case there are those that do not realize this, if you see little red squiggly lines under a word in your post, you can right click on it and there will be a thesaurus of words that are similar or the one you actually misspelled. You can then highlight it and the change will take place for you depending on which word you click on.

As to punctuation, that is just so that the post will have the correct flow and the words you are trying to put forth will have a better chance of hitting the target.

Again, I sincerely apologize and will eat my humble pie like an adult!

Take care all!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

I read a story once about Samuel Clemens irritation with editors about punctuation .

He replied

.....,,,,,,!!!!!!!?????....''''''::::::;;;;;;;;""""""""""""""" Here put them wherever the hell you want to ! Lol

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I saw the thread but I didn't post in it. People are kinda funny about grammar/spelling Nazis. Plus, you know ATS has lots of posters for whom English is a second language.

But this is a sweet post, and I love your humble pie. I surely need a bite myself from time to time!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Takes a big person to admit their mistakes

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Good grief, I've spent the afternoon reading stuff by Mark Twain. Synchronicity!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Actually Sam was taking the OP's side. He constantly argued about improper punctuation by the editors .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

No humble pie necessary, as long as folks can exchange thoughts and ideas, and the info is understood, that is more important than technicalities isn't it?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

lol

I wanted to U2U u before I send mine

yes English is my 4th spoken language, I am on my phone and it is actually horrible
no autocorrect
I can't actually see what I am writing now there are icons all across it
our grammar panctuation is completely different to English
and the word I had to work with was hard to use in a sentence
to edit is a pain in the...

and ur thread is my favorite game and coincidently I was going to post the same game yesterday wrote it all in my notes just never had the time to put it into thread

for the flow it would be better if everyone aimed at making the last word less complex
but to be honest I write here over 1000 word replies on daily average
and actually I wrote it only because it is nice when others participate given u made such an efford to make the thread

and my education
shell we compare ?

EDIT: meaning education is not the same as being lazy or hectic

edit on 30-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

tsk-tsk-tsk, and you ended a sentence in a preposition too!
I am teasing. You are refreshingly humble. More should learn the recipe for your "humble" pie.

Blessings.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I also believe it is a generation issue and that is actually very interesting..

And also the darn window looks completely different on phone and my Mac..

Last.. I also noticed Autocorrect is actually making us stupider.. well at least I am noticing it I completely forgot how to spell some words:/

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Bummer. I thought this was going to be about one of your other threads...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I hate auto correct!!!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
iPads don't have little red squiggly lines at least mine doesn't. It does have autocorrect which is reall annoying sometimes. And I think at my school they maybe spent about a week teaching grammer and that was donkeys years ago. I hope your humble pie tastes gooda reply to: spiritualKat33

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Before make I clouds small two disappear, again maybe try I.- Yoda. Disclaimer: not really yoda
edit on 30-5-2015 by kenzohattori69 because: In a zen sorta way

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

I could see Yoda rocking a 1.8L dub

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

no ..rant.. I love it !!! I laughed so hard

u know at the end of a day if

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

so be it

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: MimiSia

I hate auto correct!!!

Autocorrect is the furniture of comely aliens.
What I meant to say is the future for comedians.
edit on 30-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's really cool that you can speak 4 languages or can you speak more, can you tell me what languages you speak, I'm just interested. I am sad to say I only speak English with a little bit of Maori and Indonesian Bahasa thrown into the mix and a tiny bit Spanish after studying for a year at uni a long time ago, and my daughter just taught me the sign language alphabet which she learnt at school the other day. a reply to: MimiSia

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

But I liked "comely". It is now going to be my "word-of-the-week". Not used enough, I say.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

oh vow cool

Slovak , Czech (people wouldn't think so but they are different), German and English

i will find u later to chat more about u if that is ok

edit on 31-5-2015 by MimiSia because: JEsus

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join