It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want To Know What Gets My Dander Going?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

One needs a sense of humour. It's no rumour that I dig that. There's 2 red lines there. Not for those outside the US though. See?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ok your post is hurting me..
I get it now..
Change it back..

or I will spread room hours about you..

I can't even read it right spelled like that.

edit on 30-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

link   

Hahaha I like what you did there. Funny guy eh? Or is it ay? See I just misspelled something again.

link   
That's the difference between creative thinkers and the people we hire . Read a study I'm currently looking for it but the vast majority of CEOs in the world are dyslexic .

What's irritating is that the mentally inferior people seem to be better at grammar and punctuation . This is all they can hold onto dearly when competing with a creative mind. So they use that tactic to attack superior intelligence . Here you go .........

Dyslexia and the creative mind.

Appears bright, highly intelligent, and articulate but unable to read, write, or spell at grade level.
Labeled lazy, dumb, careless, immature, "not trying hard enough," or "behavior problem."
Isn't "behind enough" or "bad enough" to be helped in the school setting.
High in IQ, yet may not test well academically; tests well orally, but not written.
Feels dumb; has poor self-esteem; hides or covers up weaknesses with ingenious compensatory strategies; easily frustrated and emotional about school reading or testing.
Talented in art, drama, music, sports, mechanics, story-telling, sales, business, designing, building, or engineering.
Seems to "Zone out" or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.
Difficulty sustaining attention; seems "hyper" or "daydreamer."
Learns best through hands-on experience, demonstrations, experimentation, observation, and visual aids.

People with dyslexia normally hire grammar Nazis as their secretaries to correct their grammar and punctuation .

" Are you a PhD? That's nice would you give me some fries with that order "

source

edit on 30-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Because tonight is Saturday. Everyone knows you don't make a man self conscious on a Saturday. That is for Sundays.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I was being funny and this rant started out that way, but then you pointed out something to me and I am humbled deeply! I apologize to all that were offended!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

My guess was going to be a dry scalp. I was wrong.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

My phone has autocorrect.

It autocorrects words into the wrong ones a lot.

Like right there, at the end if my last sentence, it turned "lot" into "lit".

It also constantly changes of to if.....

It is so infuriating.

The keypad is too small unless I turn the phone sideways, but I hate that way.

There are many reasons some of us misspell.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'll tell u what, when I post from my phone, it changes my sentences, adds words, and ddghfd's it up. The autocorrect or whatever is so annoying, ive given up on page long posts just because it takes a half hour to go back and fix all the stupid 'corrections'. When you try and fix them, start to delete the word, halfway through deleting it, it jumps to another word for some reason, so i end up deleting the wrong word. Whats up with that? You gotta give some leniency to posters though, sometimes its a straight up challenge to even post!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sorry, I spend my professional life getting paid to correct everyone else's grammar, punctuation and spelling. By the time I get off work and come post here, I am both tired and no longer getting paid to be perfect. Not only that but in my previous job, I learned that one of the hardest people to proof is yourself. Your brain knows what you intended to write, and it tends to see what you want to be there and not always what actually is there. So that can be a source of some of the smaller mistakes people make that seem so obvious to you. Not to mention, on an international forum, you are going to have ESL posters although it quickly becomes obvious who is and isn't ESL.
edit on 30-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
likely dry hot temperatures with a nice dose of fungus and bacteria.

Sorry about your dandruff.

And sorry didn't read anything.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I don't think anyone would be truly offended.
I would hope not anyways as this is the rant section and you are entitled to go off!
That is what a rant is for. People will come in and rant , either for or against your rant,
and sometimes, help you to see another perspective.

It is one of my favorite sections of ATS.
No worries, it's all good.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding like an adage Nazi, your thread should be titled
"Do you want to know what gets my dander up?"

Getting one's dander "going" is a misuse of the idiom.

Some trivia;
So, 'get one's dander up' derives from either dander meaning hackles or dander meaning ferment. Both are plausible.
The first reference that is easily found referring to 'dander' being 'up' (or raised), that is, being used with the meaning of excitement or annoyance, is from an story in the 1831 edition of The American Comic Annual, by Henry J. Finn, in which a character is teased for his small stature:

" A general roar of laughter brought Timmy on his legs. His dander was raised... straining up to his full height"

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Read a study I'm currently looking for it but the vast majority of CEOs in the world are dyslexic . What's irritating is that the mentally inferior people seem to be better at grammar and punctuation . This is all they can hold onto dearly when competing with a creative mind. So they use that tactic to attack superior intelligence .

This sounds like the "Indigo Child" defense! I can't spell, or otherwise effectively communicate, but I possess
"superior intelligence".

I've known a couple highly successful (and big-time) CEOs, and their main talent was communicating.
They weren't dyslexic, and their grammar (even in short memos) would have impressed William Strunk.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Well then you better do some research. I said most not all , are you claiming because someone is dyslexic their stupid?

Do you enjoy making fun of people with Down's syndrome also?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Well then you better do some research. I said most not all , are you claiming because someone is dyslexic their stupid?

Oh please! Having worked with people who were dyslexic, I can say it has nothing to do with IQ. It's basically a cross-wiring in the brain.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That was exactly what my post said. The other member took offense to that statement not I .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

My neighbor of 25 years has a son with Down's syndrome. I love him dearly, and would never make fun of him or anyone with any manner of disability.

I do take umbrage to your statement that "the vast majority of CEOs in the world are dyslexic".

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Okay maybe I shouldn't of added vast . But the majority of creative thinkers which by itself includes CEOs have dyslexia . While it can be a hindrance in written communication. It does give you the abilities to look at more than one issue at a time .

Lateral thinking also goes hand-in-hand with dyslexia. actually the comment I think that may have irritated you was the one I made on PhD's and fries or the comment I made about hiring people to do the work for us. Yep I intentionally use the word us I am dyslexic and very successful .

I take umbrage with people that claim grammar has anything to do with intelligence . Because it is a fools statement .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
U c not all of us r from an old school edumacation system and have either Engrish as a 2nd language or have learnt English typing pigeon into a hand held device.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join