It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want To Know What Gets My Dander Going?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I swear! If I have to read another post where there is punctuation and spelling mistakes I am going to explode!

Really? How freaking hard is it to take a moment to correct your grammar and punctuation in a post

Seriously, it annoys me like nothing ever did or does

I have severe OKD (obsessive Kat disorder) and the distraction just makes me want to scratch my Kateyes out!

I know someone will come in here and tell me to get off my high Katself and take a big, fat Katchillpill and they would be absolutley correct in doing so, but sheesh!

When I misspell a word this little squiggly red line shows up and I simply correct it. Unless, I am taking creative license and making my own Katwords up. I see evidence of our education system on display or maybe they do it on purpose just to tick people like me off on purpose!

Even when I type fast and post something quickly, I still have this need to read it one more time and if I see something to change, I take a moment and edit it.

That is all
Carry on
edit on 5 30 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OKD...obsessive Kat disorder! See, I just did it!
:
edit on 5 30 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Incoming deluge of grammar infidels in...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Before I answer, where are you from?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Can not divulge that information, but it is in the general vicinity of the Katmosphere!
edit on 5 30 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OKD...obsessive Kat disorder! See, I just did it!

edit on 5 30 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: Dang!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have a tablet and fat fingers so I do misspell many times. I try to correct it in edits but I do tend to miss some.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

See, I knew there was a good reason! You just gave everyone the prrrrrrrfect excuse!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Don't make me go all self conscious tonight.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Got it covered!
And if all else fails I will simply quote and edit the offenders on my own! Just kidding, the amount of time and energy is just not worth it! I do not have enough Katminutes in the day!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Why should tonight be excluded?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Some of us don't think in words.. I'm translating images in my head to my fingers typing..

Already just those sentences, I had some point but I lost it, too much brain in the translation step not enough in the thinking step..

And some of us are pretty BAD spellers. I see those squiggles.. I try. Sometimes I even give up. Sometimes I literally can't figure out how a word could possibly be spelled..

I also split up my posts in harder to read chunks, use way.. too.. many.. of these buddies.....

This is literally how I think.

This is just how I am, I try to type like I would talk. I don't tend to flow in normal patterns. I like to leave sentence fragments hanging in the air as I grab a couple other points, then grab them back down or connect it then..

Is no easy.
re read hope I pass.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

See, this is the thing. There's 2 main types of English. American and what everyone else uses.
Then there's those who's first language isn't English.
Again.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I hear ya sister...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Knight-light

Did you know if you put your cursor over the offending word and right click it, it will give you a list of possible corrections?

I just corrected your screen name! Easy peasy! Of course, there are times when I just want to be cute and I purposely allow a word to exist, but hey that is my prerogative!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I am guilty of word crimes sometimes, but I do try to correct myself which is why all of my posts are usually edited...lol
Anyways:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

American and what everyone else uses.

Darn straight!

My issue is I always seem to omit stuff while I am typing. Not sure how it happens, guess I get ahead of my self while I am thinking of what to type.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33

Can not divulge that information, but it is in the general vicinity of the Katmosphere!

What I hate is people that pass on a great joke set up .

You should've said Kathmandu !

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
a reply to: Knight-light

Did you know if you put your cursor over the offending word and right click it, it will give you a list of possible corrections?

Thank You.

Thank you so much lol.

I was down to googling words. Which can be tricky sometimes google doesn't even know.. It's like wtf is this guy trying to write?

The other day I was convinced were was the word where. Not that I get the two confused, as concepts.. Just sometimes I am THAT bad..

It would be funny for me to go through my post history and see how many posts I've been able to let stand without an edit.

edit on 30-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The education system I was referring to is the American one, still if someone misspells a word they do have an idea they did, regardless of where they are from. Okay, so what you are saying is I should be more forgiving and not rush to judgment? Got you! I feel much better now and I will take that into account! Man, what an insensitive twit I am!

Would you just close the thread, please?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Kat not like way Skunkape sound sometime like Tarzan.
Skunkape try better at white man talk.
Skunkape like kitties.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Consider this a wonderful opportunity to practise patience.

I am certain that no one is deliberately seeking to annoy you with their errors.

Is this how you feel superior to others? Need to look at that one too. Another opportunity - to practise Humility.

ATS is a great place to work on character defects or exacerbate them.

Your choice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join