It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fistful of Dollars (Thanks Intrepid!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here's a special thanks to Intrepid for sending me a clip of this movie and reminding me of it. Along with horror movies, I can't get enough of westerns. This is one of my all time favorites. Clint Eastwood is just amazing in this movie.

Released in 1964, this movie features Clint Eastwood (who plays the man with no name); a wandering gunfighter. He comes to a town that's being torn apart by a war between two families. He decides to play the two against each other and maybe make some cash in the bargain. Life and death hang in the balance for a Fistful of Dollars.
More on the movie:A Fistful of Dollars

Here is the movie. Enjoy!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
All three films in that Trilogy, The Man With No Name Trilogy or also known as The Dollars Trilogy , are worth watching if you are a fan of Spaghetti Westerns or just Westerns in general..

In case you didn't know the three films in the trilogy are:

1. A Fistful of Dollars - 1964
2. For a Few Dollars More - 1965
3. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - 1966 (my favorite of the 3)

The whole trilogy is directed by Sergio Leone and really defined what a Spaghetti Western is..

edit on 30-5-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
B grade compared to the Magnificent 7
If you get a chance put that in the video recorder and see the very best of the 60s westerns

Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach and Steve McQueen Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, James Coburn

I think Leone/Eastwoods spaghetti Westerns were better than most US westerns, something about the antihero catches the imagination.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My dad is a John Wayne fan, and while I like some of Wayne's movies and he's great. I sort of prefer Eastwood.

I also like Pale Rider.

edit on 30-5-2015 by ketsuko because: Who wants to watch another Western shootout when you can see the axe handle clip?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
B grade compared to the Magnificent 7

A great Western for sure...

I would put that up there with The Good , The Bad, The Ugly , Pale Rider, The Wild Bunch, The Long Riders...

The Long Riders: Trailer

The Wild Bunch: Trailer

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The good the bad and the ugly is also my favourite.
Im suprised at all the near miss accidents that accured.

Here is a bit of trivia from IMDB:

The movie remains the highest rated movie in IMDb to not receive a single oscar nomination.

When the bridge is blown up, and Tuco and Blondie are hunkered down behind sandbags waiting for the explosion, Clint Eastwood's career came within 2 feet of ending prematurely. A fist-sized piece of rock shrapnel from the explosion slams into the sandbag right next to Eastwood's head (watch it in slow motion to see the rock flying in).
www.imdb.com...

edit on 30-5-2015 by Ismynameimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Here's a special thanks to Intrepid for sending me a clip of this movie and reminding me of it. Along with horror movies, I can't get enough of westerns. This is one of my all time favorites. Clint Eastwood is just amazing in this movie.

Released in 1964, this movie features Clint Eastwood (who plays the man with no name); a wandering gunfighter. He comes to a town that's being torn apart by a war between two families. He decides to play the two against each other and maybe make some cash in the bargain. Life and death hang in the balance for a Fistful of Dollars.
More on the movie:A Fistful of Dollars

Here is the movie. Enjoy!

Thanks to intrepid for "REMINDING YOU of IT?"

you don't deserve this movie.

Sorry...

You really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really REALLY Really super really really really really really

DONT

If you ever forgot one of the greatest films to be ever made..... then your thread... this thread is utter and complete trash....

thanks

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A Fistful of Dollars was a remake of the 1961 Japanese movie Yojimbo. The full movie is on YouTube with subtitles if anyone is interested in watching it.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrix76
A Fistful of Dollars was a remake of the 1961 Japanese movie Yojimbo. The full movie is on YouTube with subtitles if anyone is interested in watching it.

Same with the Magnificent 7..
That was a remake of 1954 film Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrix76

Yep, and the Magnificent Seven is just a rehash of Seven Samurai. What it really says is that a good story is a good story no matter what cultural trappings you give it.

Oops! Got beat.

edit on 30-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I like all three. I couldn't pick a favorite between them if I tried.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I think my friend has that one. I'll have to see.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That was brutal. I can't believe I never saw that movie.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrix76

I didn't know that. Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

loooooooolllll

Can I offer some other movies you may have forgotten???

The good the bad the ugly.... I am sure you have seen it.. but just in case you have forgotten it, it is the best movies in history.

Maaaybe Once upon a time in the west you have forgotten about..... maybe the greatest movie of all time.

lol

great job.

cheers

which of the greatest movies of all time have I forgotten about? help me.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Hey, be nice. There are so many bad old Westerns that it's easy to dismiss the genre and miss the gems.

new topics

top topics

join