It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a One World Government really help us as a species?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes, a "one world government" would be a good thing...just ad long as it isn't designed like a pyramid scheme. The one thing that won't help us is monetary economics.

And if you get rid of monetary economics, which is the main force behind our current philosophy of government, then there really wouldn't be a need for contemporary government to exist. Seeing as they are just resource managers with their hands tied behind their backs with the illusion of budgets and money.

It honestly could be boiled down to needs and resources available...which is not how it is currently done...anywhere. All this could be done over the internet, connecting everyone, everywhere with input into how resources will be dolled out.

95% of all laws are useless to begin with, so keep the police to uphold natural law.

I'm all for banishment of government run by SOME people.

Everyone should have an equal say. And "democracy" as we know it, clearly doesn't allow for this.

Look into Resource Based Economics.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't think a world government is a good idea at all. It would end up as a corrupt all powerful monstrosity and suck the life out of us all. Most governments are a bit suspect and bumbling because of the type of narcissists they attract and I shudder to think what a world government would be like. People seem to have a natural tendency to want autonomy and I think there would be endless rebellions and revolution as people in separate regions want their own say on how to run their lives.
I also believe that national borders and economies are important because they are a bit like the watertight bulkheads of a ship where they can be closed and prevent the whole ship from sinking (the whole ship being the world economy). As we have become more globalised a problem with one economy affects the whole world. This is bad. If we had one world government and they stuffed things up (which they would) this could destroy all of civilisation.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The likely hood of a One World Government within the next 40-50 years is unlikely. Perhaps even more years then just mentioned. Too many countries whose Governments want to stay in power. Look at how difficult the EU is having.

However, I tend to think a One World Government that is honest and transparent could be beneficial for mankind. I do think if this were to happen, in the beginning, it would need to be similar to a dictatorship. I suggest this because it would be necessary to gain control of unruly and ruthless countries, tribes, terrorists, religious fanatics, etc.

I'll attempt to list the changes we might see:
One world military that would be offensive at first then move to a defensive mode. The current world military industrial complex will need to change its current concept.

One world monetary system.

Some countries will need to have its borders changed or in other words become included into another country. Perhaps new regions will need to be established. This is needed for a number of reasons like ease of government control. Economic reasons.

One world health and medical system.

One world language to be mandatory. However, country languages can be maintained. Current cultures can be maintained. Current religions can be maintained.

Corporations must ensure the products they make for human use and consumption will be healthy. And the methods they use to manufacture these products must not hurt the earth and the atmosphere.

I'm sure there are more changes that would need to take place.

In closing I think if a one world government would occur it would eventually fail because our species keeps repeating the same errors over and over.

a reply to: Ghost147

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm trying to envision a one-world government that wasn't developed at the point of a spear (so to speak).

We can't get everyone on ATS to agree on any given topic, but somehow, everyone in governments all over the planet are going to be in agreement?

Basically, in order for a one-world government to work, you'll have to threaten or destroy a good chunk of the planet just to get everyone in line and on the same page.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm trying to envision a one-world government that wasn't developed at the point of a spear (so to speak).

We can't get everyone on ATS to agree on any given topic, but somehow, everyone in governments all over the planet are going to be in agreement?

Basically, in order for a one-world government to work, you'll have to threaten or destroy a good chunk of the planet just to get everyone in line and on the same page.

Indeed this would unfortunately be the first needed step. IMO

People don't like change, because with change comes the unknown and the unknown causes stress.

The only way I see a one world government coming about is through a military dictatorship. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing. Just for the people who oppose it.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Simply put, without a massive threat to humanity, and a severe de-population event, there is simply no way that a One-World Government can currently come to exist. Long held animosity (some for centuries), religious and racial animosity, and the inability to reach even minor agreement on minor issues should ensure it would be impossible otherwise.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join