It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin O'Malley Announced His Candidacy for President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Martin O’Malley, former Baltimore mayor and Maryland governor, formally tossed his hat into the ring Saturday – ideologically somewhere between former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and with an emphasis on his relative youth (52), at least compared to the other two declared hopefuls (67 and 73, respectively).
“Today, the American dream seems for so many of us to be hanging by a thread,” he said in the lofty rhetoric required of candidates entering a presidential race. “It does not have to be this way. This generation of Americans still has time to become great. We must save our country now. And we will do that by rebuilding the dream.”

“This generation,” of course is his generation, not the generation of Clinton and Sanders.

This is going to be very interesting! I'll have to look more into him and his positions...

Source
Martin O'Malley On the Issues

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic Causing thousands to scramble to figure out who he is.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So if nobody else jumps in the three of them will debate? Clinton will really have to hold her own with this pair bouncing honest talk off of her (some say the truth falls off of her like rain on a duck, and others say she's the most honest candidate since they started keeping score). To digress, ah, Denny Hastert? Seriously? Clinton, Sanders, and this new guy should give Hastert a good going over, like he did to the high school kids under his care.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Pretty much.

Never heard of him prior to today...

*sigh* The trials and tribulations of attempting to be an informed voter...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I really hate how some media outlets are reporting this like it's the only challenger Hillary has...like they forgot Sanders is running. It's not like it's a crowded field over there yet. Sort of like Rand Paul is being left off of some lists. You can tell they don't even want to have these guys debate or even get their name out in the public. they're scared.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

O'bama followed by an O'Malley........ OM...that might be one way to unwind the harm already done

OM gotta be Catholic, Irish Catholic at that --- and that's not a 'profiling' issue !

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And check out O'Malley's signature, would you elect a guy who writes his name like this:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I feel sorry for poor Hillary.

Now she'll have to besmirch, smear, insult, sabotage 2 candidates and Warren if SHE runs.

She's too old for this kind or work.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There was that old Creedence Clearwater Revival song - Have You Ever Seen the Rain

The O'Malley parody is I wanna know, Have you ever taxed the rain?

He was the governor of Maryland when they taxed rain runoff on your own private property. I'd like to see him defend that. Any bets on how many reporters ask him about that one?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: reldra

Pretty much.

Never heard of him prior to today...

*sigh* The trials and tribulations of attempting to be an informed voter...

He tried very hard to ruin my state. We call him OWE-Malley due to the taxes he wrote in. Rain tax, which would tax us based on the size of our paved surfaces, allowed bge to raise their rates as they want, doubled tolls and redirected education and pension funds to his buddies. He is a pocket man to the highest bidder. He is the reason his Lt governor did not get elected, and democratic maryland voted a republican governor for only the second time in decades.

Bottom line: Don't vote for him.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KilroyRock

Rain Tax? How the hell does that even work?

All the more reason to be informed...

Rain tax...wow.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Any bets on how many reporters ask him about that one?

Nope. They should, if only to see him duck and cover.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilroyRock
Bottom line: Don't vote for him.

Yeah, after doing a little bit of research, I'm not impressed at all... I saw a few minutes of him on video and I just got the impression that he's not authentic somehow. Can't put my finger on it, but I get the impression he'll say what he needs to say to get the crowd riled up, but what he says doesn't really mean anything.

Thanks for the info!
edit on 6/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join