It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Footage From Closed OH Walmart = Fresh Razor Wire On Roofs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

The copper is in A/C units on the roof.

AC units aren't what most hit and run thieves are after. I don't really know specifics about this walmart.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No but that's the reason for the razor wire on the,roof.
We've had reports of a/c copper being ripped off from unguarded construction sites around here all the time. Guess they're not hit or miss but planned out hiests.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Guess they're not hit or miss but planned out heists.

More like crimes of opportunity. Cut locks on storage units and load a truck with wire rolls, pipe, tools and gone…

Same with roof tops. Many are older and still have older systems rich with non ferrous metals. Back then the cost of installation was cheaper and the security unnecessary. Thieves troll for this, climbing on business mall roof tops and scouting for easy access to interiors and anything on the roof itself.

Nice and quiet, good vantage point to keep watch and work unnoticed.

Its a door thats closing nowadays, as companies become smarter.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

You're right, I chose the wrong words and I do apologize.
My bad.

Forgive me?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Here, Snarky…

Sarcasm is lost on you I see.

And yet you still haven't answered the question...care to do that?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Here, Snarky…

Sarcasm is lost on you I see.

And yet you still haven't answered the question...care to do that?

I don't answer to you…

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Signals

Everyone of those air conditioning units on top of those roofs have lots of copper . But the amount of money in copper pales in comparison to replacement of the units .

It is there solely for protection/security against theft .

How much money is there in that copper? I know it's expensive, but seriously...is it more expensive than the cost of all that razor wire around the entire structure plus the cost of security watching an abandoned building for at least 3 years now? Just wondering. Not saying I believe there is anything going on there, but do question just how much that copper is worth in comparison to the cost of protecting it. I know we have two abandoned Walmarts in northern Wisconsin in recent years because they built a new Supercenter and moved, but they didn't have security or razor wire at either one of the buildings in Merrill, WI and Rice Lake, WI. Just sayin.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

As said by others in the thread, it's not so much the replacement costs of the copper. It's the repair costs associated with thieves destroying property to get at it.

As for the wire in top, I think that depends on local crime rates. The higher the crime rate, the more likely you are to see it.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Everyone of those air conditioning units on top of those roofs have lots of copper . But the amount of money in copper pales in comparison to replacement of the units .

How much money is there in that copper? I know it's expensive, but seriously...is it more expensive than the cost of all that razor wire around the entire structure plus the cost of security watching an abandoned building for at least 3 years now? Just wondering. Not saying I believe there is anything going on there, but do question just how much that copper is worth in comparison to the cost of protecting it. I know we have two abandoned Walmarts in northern Wisconsin in recent years because they built a new Supercenter and moved, but they didn't have security or razor wire at either one of the buildings in Merrill, WI and Rice Lake, WI. Just sayin.

If you focus on one small part of the statements you don't get the whole picture . There is very little money in the copper. They aren't protecting the copper they're predicting the air conditioning units which are very very expensive .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

As said by others in the thread, it's not so much the replacement costs of the copper. It's the repair costs associated with thieves destroying property to get at it.

As for the wire in top, I think that depends on local crime rates. The higher the crime rate, the more likely you are to see it.

Springdale is double the national average for robbery and some violent crimes, so it makes sense. Thanks for the response.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And TPTB would have no problem with bloggers flying video drones over their secret FEMA death camps?

At the rate this is going it won't be long until every toilet paper display in every Walmart in North America is declared connected to Jade Helm.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: lovebeck

You're right, I chose the wrong words and I do apologize.
My bad.

Forgive me?

That's the spirit...Everyone gets grumpy sometimes, especially me.

No harm, no foul...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I don't answer to you…

And yet you just did.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Springdale is double the national average for robbery and some violent crimes, so it makes sense. Thanks for the response.

Are you local? I don't live TOO far from there (long drive) and haven't been out that way in a while but may make a trip out that way to get some pictures to post here and to do a little shopping.

I had no idea that there is so much crime in that area. It seems so industrial all around that area, to me anyway. Could that be one of the reasons the numbers are so high? I know Cincinnati proper is a hot bed of violence lately...It's always been bad in some parts of the city but it is getting even worse as of late. Too many shootings and gang activity as well as all the junkies coming from all directions, especially northern Kentucky to score their junk.

I read somewhere the city managers and the mayor are very concerned because of the upcoming All Star Game and they are working to "fix it" what ever that means. It's quite sad because Cincinnati could be a really awesome city to live and visit but with all the crime, hard drugs and that ridiculous street car BS, it's just not!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I have read you can get about $2000 in copper out a commercial unit. A Walmart has several of those. The units themselves are in the tens of thousands. To repair those things would get very expensive. Also it would depend on where you were. If copper theft is a problem in your area it would be well worth the price to protect it. If your in a place where it is not a problem then you roll the dice and not bother.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Are you local? I don't live TOO far from there (long drive) and haven't been out that way in a while but may make a trip out that way to get some pictures to post here and to do a little shopping.

I had no idea that there is so much crime in that area. It seems so industrial all around that area, to me anyway. Could that be one of the reasons the numbers are so high? I know Cincinnati proper is a hot bed of violence lately...It's always been bad in some parts of the city but it is getting even worse as of late. Too many shootings and gang activity as well as all the junkies coming from all directions, especially northern Kentucky to score their junk.

I read somewhere the city managers and the mayor are very concerned because of the upcoming All Star Game and they are working to "fix it" what ever that means. It's quite sad because Cincinnati could be a really awesome city to live and visit but with all the crime, hard drugs and that ridiculous street car BS, it's just not!

No I'm not local, I just googled crime rate for springdale and got the numbers. I guess I should have provided the link.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
see large protect people blood copper from blood iron and hemoglobin. The Book of Job 6 12 copper my flesh?
edit on 1/6/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Walmart has hired some weird plumbers....

I'm not 100% sure if this one is on the recently closed for "plumbing repairs" but strange either way.

Protecting copper in air conditioner units can't be the reason.

Thoughts ATS?

Hmmmmm.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, looking at the height of of building....wouldn'tit take more thsn just a 14ft ladder to at leadt get up on the roof??

Yes, if people are smart enough, probably will find a way, but.....thinking about this logically.... I'm having my doubts about this to ptotect the a/c....

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, looking at the height of of building....wouldn'tit take more thsn just a 14ft ladder to at leadt get up on the roof??

And where in the world would someone find a ladder taller than fourteen feet?

www.lowes.com...
edit on 1-6-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Typically, doorways are 80 inches (six feet, eight inches) tall. If you look at the video, the doors are about half the height of the building. So the roof should be right around fourteen feet up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join