It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Footage From Closed OH Walmart = Fresh Razor Wire On Roofs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Anyone who thinks this is for the amount of copper in
an ac unit is just stupid. I'm done.

If you had read the thread you would know the reason, not for the copper, but to stop the damage done when it is ripped out!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think they put the razor wire to keep thieves away from the HVAC system and the copper...Lots of big stores and retailers do that now. There is a MAJOR heroin problem in Cincinnati and an abandoned store the size of Walmart is a sitting duck for those types.

Also, it isn't even a Walmart. It may have been at one time but it is now called Home Emporium. I don't get out that way very much but I believe they are still in business...There's a Guitar Center and HH Gregg. I have been there (Guitar Center) with my hubby once or twice but this is pretty far from us so Idk what the actual status of that store is right now.

With that said, this needs to go to the LOL/Hoax bin.

It's not a FEMA camp (say that out loud like in your best Arnold Schwarzenegger accent, lol)!

Because this is so ridic, and I am not THAT far away from the area, I will take a little road trip out there if I get time this week and take my own pictures, front and back, of this place.
edit on 30-5-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Signals

Calling people stupid isn't very nice...Especially when they are 100% correct.

Even home AC units have a significant amount of copper in them. A retailer of this size has a GIANT HVAC system and a GIANT amount of copper.

Then there's all the damage done by the thieves getting to said copper.

This isn't a FEMA camp. That's not even a Walmart in the OP but a Home Emporium store, that is in a busy shopping center with HH Gregg and Guitar Center.

Link to shopping center website: It's Not a FEMA Camp!

Honestly, razor wire is the easiest deterrent to keep thieves off of the roof and out of their HVAC system. I'm done.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The Wal-Marts closed recently for "plumbing" are located in Pico Rivera CA, Midland TX, Livingston TX, Tulsa OK, and Brandon FL. I'm sure the razor wire in Cincinnati is for theft prevention.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
a reply to: Bigburgh

According to earlier link, Neil Bush and partners purchased the property, Walmart doesn't own it.

I'm sure Neil can get favors from local police no problem....

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Neil Bush ehh? Hmm. Now that sends a slight chill up the spine. Now I must pay attention.

Star for that
saving this thread to see what is found.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The most logical answer is to prevent the theft of copper wire, as stated earlier, but it still is strange.

edit on 30-5-2015 by SunPraiser because: edited due to lack of clarity

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Is there anything DAHBOO77 won't say to get more attention?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I must be missing something. Somebody, even a thief, can sue a company if they get hurt on their premises. Evidently even if the company invests in locks for their doors to keep out unwanted people when they're closed. Then, how is razor wire any different? Why can an illegal intruder sue a store if they get hurt while breaking into the premises, if we're only talking about locks? What if a thief hurts himself on the razor wire? Couldn't the thief also sue the store the same as they could with just locks?

Yes, stealing copper wire does seem to be a big problem everywhere. I live in a tiny town of 1100 residents in Southern Illinois and a few years back, the neighbors I used to have living next door to me ripped half of the wiring out of their own house - while they were living in it - just to support their drug habits. Of course it was a rental house, so they didn't have to worry about paying for the repairs.

Governments need to realize that things are crumbling down around us fast; people are taking drugs and stealing to support themselves because there are problems they cannot overcome in today's way of life. Those are the problems that need to be addressed first, before it's too late.
edit on 31-5-2015 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a couple typos.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It's to prevent the Illuminati Lizardmen from crawling on the roof to sunbathe when they finally make it up from the secret underground tunnels beneath the installation. They'll need time to adjust to the sunlight and absorb solar nutrients. If they're on the ground, they're easier to collect and relocate in their blinded and weakened state by professionals trained to deal with such matters. They'll be taken to more suitable habitats where they won't be subject to public spectacles until they've regained their strength and eyesight.

You try living underground for heavens knows how long and suddenly seeing topside...you're white, pale and sensitive beyond all expression and the last thing you need is a swarm of media attention and public spectacles in that kind of condition. You'd unleash your wrath in the worse way possible in self-defense and no one needs that kind of scenario. Not Lizards, not Humans, not anyone.

LEAVE TEH LIZARDS ALONE.

Just kidding.

People rip off AC units all the freaking time.
That's it. No show here. Sorry.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Crap.
And here I was just about to climb up onto the Walmart roof.
Now I gotta change my plan.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

LoL ...My mate sent me a photo of what was the aftermath of a couple of clowns ripping copper wire out.....at first looking at the picture i am thinking WTF am i looking at...after closer inspection it dawns on me that it is the melted bodies of 2 people

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Probably is to keep thieves from the copper. It's a big problem everywhere. Construction sites have guards now to prevent such losses.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

New construction is all pvc now. Not copper water pipes. The copper is in A/C units on the roof.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

If you had read the thread you would know the reason, not for the copper, but to stop the damage done when it is ripped out!

I totally understand that need for security while the building is empty, it happens all the time. The insurance company would probably require it. But razor wire? Is that the cheapest fortification? Cause otherwise I see no reason why Walmart would go above and beyond the basic requirements of its insurance carrier.

I am not suggesting at all that this is for nefarious purposes, in fact I think members have produced enough info on the author of this video to warrant putting this thread in the LOL bin. I am just a little taken back that America is a country where razor wire is a basic form of fortification. Scary place. I prefer our yellow or blue fencing and an East Indian sleeping in his car nearby. That seems to be all it takes to keep insurance companies happy here.
edit on 31-5-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have to agree with the copper thieves theory. It was such a problem here in Arizona that they made laws on selling scrap metal. It wasn't just a problem for businesses either. My mother is a real estate agent and quite often she had vacant houses have the copper stolen out of the ac units.

So what they did to try and combat that problem is enact some new laws with regards to tracking the scrap metal. You can't just go sell scrap metal now, there's a whole list of things they have to do. Get a photocopy of an ID, take a picture of the license plate of the vehicle that brought it in, take a picture of any people that brought in the scrap metal...etc, there's a bunch of things.

www.azleg.state.az.us...

I'd imagine more states are going to start enacting such laws.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Why is razor wire scary? It just sits there and it can't harm you at all if you don't go messing with it. Even then, it's pretty easy to get around or over, it's just a minor deterrent.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Why is razor wire scary? It just sits there and it can't harm you at all if you don't go messing with it. Even then, it's pretty easy to get around or over, it's just a minor deterrent.

I guess if you have been around it your whole life you wouldn't understand. Here, we have razor wire for prisons or someplace you could get seriously hurt of you crossed it like a power station or something. I don't think there are laws banning it here as long as you give proper warning so nobody is harmed mistakenly. But nobody uses it really because it is tasteless and cruel. I know, I know... if they didnt want to get cut they should not attempt to cross it so how is it cruel? This is Canada, we say sorry for EVERYTHING!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Occam's razor?

a reply to: lovebeck

You rock! Thanks for adding some local, unbiased information to the thread. Hopefully you can get some pictures to post!

a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Didn't even think of that, and I've done a lot of plumbing work in the old house. We had galvanized there, but I replaced a whole bunch of it with PEX. So much easier to work with! Plus, it's better for the cold winters - less chance of bursting.

a reply to: Pimpish

I think we have something like that in Michigan. When we moved I took some junk to the scrap yard. They did all that too. They copied my license, took my picture, looked at what we were bringing in, took down the license and make/description of the vehicle. All we had were pipes from the aforementioned plumbing work a couple wheels that were ruined thanks to pot holes. It only now dawned on me that is the stuff that people probably steal the most!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

SO now exactly where in my reply to you does it even hint that I needed an explanation on why there would be a fence on the Wal Mart?

Here, Snarky…

What exactly should the walls have in them…the building is not condemned just closed.

(derp)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Crap.
And here I was just about to climb up onto the Walmart roof.
Now I gotta change my plan.

Copper thieves

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join