It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear not! It's all going to be okay!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

That still goes against your original reply that it's not about logic but faith. You're now saying it's about both.

This is off-topic though.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thighs
God created cancer. The end.

Yes, but that was to punish...er...uhm...nevermind.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I didn't think he was working here at all, ever.

Does everything you think and believe revolve around you?

that is really, really funny coming from the guy who believes that a tiny dust speck in the middle of uncountable light years of lifeless, hazardous, cold universe is #1 priority for something so infinitely vast and powerful that a hundred eons is like a handful of seconds.

no, everything doesnt revolve around you either. so god doesnt love you anymore than you love the dust mites under your bed. be careful about where you step, galaxies of microbial organisms are perishing beneath your heel. and thats exactly what you are. an amoeba on gods toe. here one nanosecond and gone the next, passing silently like a ship in the night.

i posted in another thread:

"dont get under the feet of people who wont flinch if they step on you"

judging from the history of the world, god doesnt care much about what happens to us. just in the past 500 years we have had 2 world wars, a holocaust, two atom bombs, and thousands of natural disasters. i would say its time to stop begging where god is treading and learn to take care of ourselves before we are absentmindedly swept into the void like so much bacteria scrubbed off the dinner table.
edit on 30-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

You can turn the other butt cheek I don't give a damn.
Dawg written the way I wrote it is slang, like homeboy.
With your wolfie avatar I thought it appropriate.
No foul insult intended. So much for your powers
of interpretation. Sheese talk about sensitive.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is off-topic though.

Can you explain the topic to me again?
Help a guy out will ya?
edit on Rpm53015v25201500000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

edit on 5/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: wandered back into the wrong room. sorry everyone. excuse me.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Now that's just mean Buzzy.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You just don't get it.

edit on Rpm53015v44201500000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

So much for your powers of being appropriate.

But hey, thanks for letting me know it's all okay, whether you give a damn or not, homeswizzle.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Anytime dawg!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Randy, I think the Most High is answering prayer through you again! I really needed to hear this message today. Many thanks for choosing to share.

~CSI

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

You just made my decade.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That picture made me give out a deep personal smile. You made my day with that beautiful pic,thanks!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I wish that if there was a God, He would make himself known in a tangible way in my life.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why is it that Christians seem to cherry pick only the touchy feely parts of the bible they deem as being divine and just, while labeling the nasty bits and contradictions as being human misunderstandings, misinterpretations or some other complicated excuse?
It would seem to me if you don't believe all the bible, including the bad bits, then why would you believe any of it?

For example lets look at some of randyvs's touchy feely bits.

Psalm 116 verse 5 says "Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; our GOD IS MERCIFUL."

Do you just ignore (JER 13:14)?
"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy."Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."

I've only know a few wicked infant and sucklings, the rest are innocent!

And what about this cherry (JER 13:14)?

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

I'm sure you will come back with (PSA 145:20) That states..
The Lord keeps all who love Him, but that He will destroy the wicked.

But I say the Lord is not necessarily "good" or merciful, even to those who are not wicked. If Psalm 145:9 was not a contradiction of Psalm 145:20 or Jeremiah 13:14, it would read something like this: "The LORD is good to all, except the wicked.

No matter how you try to paint a pretty picture, the Lord is good and merciful is contradicted by countless examples in the Bible where god orders the destruction of infants, personally kills David's infant child, the list goes on and on, why? Because the bible is full of contradictions.

edit on fSaturday1509511f090811 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

If all scripture is given by inspiration of God, maybe the following verses explain the contradictions:

"And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet." Ezekiel 14:9

"Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee." 1st Kings 22:23

And again in 2nd Chronicles 18:22:

"Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets."

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I wish that if there was a God, He would make himself known in a tangible way in my life.

John 20

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

It's all about faith.

edit on 5/30/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer
Or.. should we just keep em' ignorant?

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1CO 1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

Or not!

PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Though even if those whom believed by seeing would still be blessed in that they are spared eternal separation from God. I don't care about good works, and being blessed by believing on faith alone. Id be just as blessed to know God.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The great commission is the answer to that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join