It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing woman unwittingly joins search party looking for herself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

A group of tourists spent hours Saturday night looking for a missing woman near Iceland's Eldgja canyon, only to find her among the search party...

...the search was called off at about 3 a.m., when it became clear the missing woman was, in fact, accounted for and searching for herself.

I would just love to have been able to see the look on her face, when it finally dawned on her that she was looking for herself!

Priceless...

A mirror would have been quicker

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sounds like something my mother in law would do.

She'd argue with you however, that she's still missing.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

LOL
Only on this crazy planet could such a thing happen.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's so funny. Like searching high and low for your glasses only to find you pushed them up on top of your head. Or the teen who shouted at her friend that she couldn't find her cell phone. And she was talking to her friend ...on the phone.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

piss poor organisation - if the can screw that up - a REAL emergency would be beyond them

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That the funniest title I have ever read on ats

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
She must have felt very stupid when she realised she was looking for herself!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
A few nights ago I found myself wandering around my kitchen/dining room looking at my boots, which I'd just taken off, wondering where the hell my slippers/flip-flops/indoor-sandals/house-shoes (whatever we're calling them these days), were, only to realise that they were, of course, already on my feet.
One of those days I suppose.

I've also wandered around looking for my mobile phone while I've had it in my hand. At least I wasn't actually using it, which is small comfort TBH.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yogis and shamans go looking for themselves during their journey, and are probably surprised when they find themselves too.
edit on 30-5-2015 by Aleister because: no 's' in find, I always say

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Can you imagine the grumbling that went on amongst the other searchers when they found out?

Did nobody ask, "So what's the name of this girl we are searching for?" (at whatever organizing meeting they had before they all set out to look for her)?

While they were looking for her, were they all just yelling out, "Nameless bus passenger girl! Where are you?"

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnochRoot
A few nights ago I found myself wandering around my kitchen/dining room looking at my boots, which I'd just taken off, wondering where the hell my slippers/flip-flops/indoor-sandals/house-shoes (whatever we're calling them these days), were, only to realise that they were, of course, already on my feet.
One of those days I suppose.

I've also wandered around looking for my mobile phone while I've had it in my hand. At least I wasn't actually using it, which is small comfort TBH.

I have done something similar with the television remote control.

...guess we all have our brain cramp moments.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

lol.

One of the women on the bus left to change her clothes and freshen up. When she came back, her busmates didn't recognize her.

Its like Lois Lane and Clark Kent/Superman. Maybe? Lol. I guess tourists that are not familiar with each other might recognize the clothes the others are wearing more than the face?

The lady wearing the bright orange shirt isn't with us anymore...start a search party. I could see that happening I guess lol.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This reminds me of a quote "The more you look, the less you see."

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

that is hilarious

the tittle is priceless
edit on 30-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hey, who isn't conducting a lifelong search for their true self?

But I get the wow factor.

Being lost is one thing,

looking for yourself , another.

Aiding others in a search for you?

Priceless

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Would've been a riot of fun anyway, especially if she told them she found herself. I'm sure it was a very interesting occasion.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Poor spelling.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What a well prepared search party that was that didn't know what the person looked like at all... lol

Glad the woman is safe, because that was the most important thing.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's a strange, strange world.
So she changed clothes and the other passengers didn't recognize her. Remind me of Clark Kent and Superman but with them it was glasses.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
ha ha ha .. that is class ... reminds me of this one ...

Policeman ‘chased himself’ for 20 minutes while looking for suspect

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join