It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House bill would require gun owners to have liability insurance

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Mugly

We will simply have to disagree then.

You want fewer freedoms more rules and regulations and privileges.

I will always want more freedoms.

Absolutely beez! To freedom

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

NO enitiy, culture or government has existed like America before.
Rome would not qualify either.

I don't know if you've noticed, but there isn't anything special about the United States anymore. The minarchist libertarianism that made us great has been slowly trampled--no thanks to the standing military.

Small wonder when you realize that US soldiers take orders from the same people who erode liberty.

Without the Army all the might makes right Eastern cultures would have destroyed us long ago and still seek to do so.

Uh, no. An armed population being invaded isn't going to just stand around allowing the invaders to take their homes.

Seriously, look up the history of Ireland.

The PEOPLE we elect turning on us like thsi is new however,I suppose it was inevitable once the internet exposed so many lies.

No, there is absolutely nothing new about it. That is the very nature of government--to absorb power, and to retain it through any means.

Our politicians have been doing this since the creation of our republic. Alexander Hamilton immediately springs to mind.

YOUR rank and file military has proven time and time again how much we love the country ,even as liberals spit on us we still hold true to our faith in our family if we're wrong we die.

You guys have literally been fighting wars to gain more power for the federal government by bullying smaller countries and extorting them for resources--primarily opium, coc aine, and oil.

All the while the freedoms you purport to protect are non-existent because of the very people who issue your orders.

I'm sorry, but from where I'm sitting that makes you my enemy.

FAR better than seeing what horrible people would create once we are gone.

If we didn't have a bunch of deluded, nationalists in the military who confuse patriotism with protecting the government--then we the people would actually have a fighting chance to fight for true liberty in this fascist state masquerading as a republic.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Apparently you havent read much about my opinions of the government...
AND equally so DON'T know the military as a people either.
TRY harder.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You've supposedly been on this forum since 2012.ONLY have 3 threads and don't know my rather FAMOUS opinons about OBAMA.
As well as my penchant for evil government CONSPIRACIES
THINGS that make me go HMMMMMMMMM.
edit on 31-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Apparently you havent read much about my opinions of the government...
AND equally so DON'T know the military as a people either.
TRY harder.

I gave you a huge list of complaints regarding the military and you didn't address any of them. You may very well have poor opinions of the government, but you supported them by obeying their orders and acting as their sword.

If the military is really here to "defend our freedoms," then where the hell are our freedoms?? I mean, seriously, they are gone.

You've supposedly been on this forum since 2012.

My original account was created in 2008, but I had poor manners, and well...you know....ssshhh.

ONLY have 3 threads and don't know my rather FAMOUS opinons about OBAMA.

I don't write threads, I tend more to participate in the threads of others. I am too lazy to author good threads. I mostly just slap them together haphazardly.

You should explore holding a poor opinion of all of our presidents--they're all crap.

As well as my penchant for evil government CONSPIRACIES

Well, you did a lot of good taking orders from them.

THINGS that make me go HMMMMMMMMM.

Are you insinuating that I am some kind of government shill? You're joking, right?? I am one the most outspoken critics of government on this website.

I mean, seriously, if you looked through my profile, why didn't you take the time to read posts of mine in other threads?

I hate government...consistently and with just cause.

But, with all of your deflecting, you still didn't posit an argument against the claims I made. Instead you mostly just confused me.
edit on 31-5-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

MY history IS your answer.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Disappointing that this came from my state. It's just another attempt to screw over law abiding citizens who choose to own firearms.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You are also equating the military with YOUR percieved access to rights without understanding what the JOB is apparently.
WITHOUT US you would be in the military as a conscripted soldier.
OR prison.
edit on 31-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You must NOW explain WHAT your rant has to do with gun control or gun insurance and not YOUR own myopic view of the defense of America since you aren't getting what IS done right, anyway.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You must NOW explain WHAT your rant has to do with gun control or gun insurance and not YOUR own myopic view of the defense of America since you aren't getting what IS done right, anyway.

I already posted my views regarding gun insurance--simply, buy unregistered weapons from shady dealers. Problem solved.

But, I saw that you posted this:

We as vets ARE OBLIGATED to protect those who can't and even yes won't fight.
That is an assumption in the oath.

So, I responded to correct your inaccurate account of the purpose of the US military. Our founding fathers were against the US having a standing army as it currently does today, and for the reasons I posted.

It's interesting that I put together logical arguments, and so far, you have only succeeded in what amounts to shouting and ad hominems.

Are you planning on actually making a rebuttal, or are you just going to continue shouting and deflecting?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You are also equating the military with YOUR percieved access to rights without understanding what the JOB is apparently.

Your job is to pretend to defend freedom while you murder innocent people so you can steal their opium and oil for the benefit of the federal government.

WITHOUT US you would be in the military as a conscripted soldier.
OR prison.

Without you I'd have a fighting chance at being able to reclaim my rights. You are a barrier to liberty.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The bill is going to end just like the moron that wrote it in the trash and with no hopes of getting any farther in their political career.

To bear arms is a right not a privilege of every American within the law.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Right ON Brother!

Some just don't and never will, get it.

Thank you Marge, I stared your and Cav's posts.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Another idiot law, proposed by yet another idiot.

Why do they keep getting elected?

Oooh, that's right, idiots keep voting for them.

When will 'romper-room' be over and return to regularly scheduled programming for the 18+ crowd?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Our job IS AS described WE KNOW we did it.
If you indeed are SO committed tio this assinine message I SUGGEST you start YOUR own thread about HOW "The MILITARY is MY enemy and I will enjoy seeing you dissected or I will do so.

In the mean time this isn't OUR thread so let OTHERS ,who aren't so self absorbed, explore THIS subject, you ,are NOW guilty of trolling .
edit on 1-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

AS if you had the balls anyway...
edit on 1-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The "Poor People Disarmament Act". Don't they deal with enough things they struggle to pay for? Like the Poll Tax, another Democrat invention. Like some other posters said, you can already buy this if you want to. There's that Bill of Rights/Constitution thing certain people wish would just go away. If only they could get around that...
a reply to: Violater1

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin96

They never stop..thehill.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
We live in a very different country than you do. For example, almost half the country is uninhabited.
a reply to: gortex

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I wonder what Lobbyist or Insurance Company got her to consider this, and promised her 'benefits' behind closed doors.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Right after you buy liability for free speech, and are fined for not buying it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join