It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If He/She/It exists, does God love the atheists/agnostics?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

the true God is Spirit and needs none of those things you claim they passed on to man before retiring.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: pthena

the true God is Spirit and needs none of those things you claim they passed on to man before retiring.

thats very true. ideas dont need to be fed or clothed or sheltered.
edit on 30-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

or maybe you have a cup of tea with the spider you found in the corner of your bathroom.

Back in the old days there was a spider that lived in my bathtub. I left banana peelings on the floor to attract fruit flies.

Then I had an idea for a story, one of those surrealistic ones, where it seems I'm describing some horrible bondage I'm doing to a woman, only at the end, the ahaa! moment is it made clear that I'm describing a spider in my bathtub.

If I remember correctly, it went over quite as expected when I performed it for my co-workers.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Of coarse a Spirit God doesn't need to hunt or plant or build a house. A Spirit God would have a very hard time teaching people who do need those things how to do them.

A Spirit God can only be adored by the peaceful, well-fed, and sheltered people after all the heavy lifting has been done.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

or maybe you have a cup of tea with the spider you found in the corner of your bathroom.

Back in the old days there was a spider that lived in my bathtub. I left banana peelings on the floor to attract fruit flies.

Then I had an idea for a story, one of those surrealistic ones, where it seems I'm describing some horrible bondage I'm doing to a woman, only at the end, the ahaa! moment is it made clear that I'm describing a spider in my bathtub.

If I remember correctly, it went over quite as expected when I performed it for my co-workers.

you sound like a fun person.

i trust you grasped my point as well.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You were advising to stay out of the way of some deity.

Good advice that. It's a sad day when people go around summoning wrath and such things upon their "enemies".

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightworth

The God of the Bible says that He is pleased when man does what is good and right .He also says that He sends the rain to others as well . He says that He so loved the world that He sent His son to die for our sins .I at one time claimed to be a Atheist and later moved to becoming Agnostic .I did finally realize that in order to experience the love of God I needed to trust Him . That moment was a act of repentance for me and it changed me .for the better I have to say .

As time moved on since that day and I have come to understand things better ,I realize that His love is much greater then men can put to words .Weather a great granny or a small baby ,God loves all and has a plan for each and everyone who will come to Him with a humble heart and receive His Son as their personal Savior from the judgment of their sins . He was called the Passover Lamb and that is what God required

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

According to experts and also the bible, god created everything including natural disasters, cancer, aids and every other disease. God lets people die. He/she lets people rot and die of disease and has the cure because HE CREATED EVERYTHING, RIGHT? I guess there are lessons to be learned from observing earthquakes kill thousands of people. I don't get why but i assume there is a point. Maybe God isn't real and someone else is. Who is that someone if it's not God???

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

You were advising to stay out of the way of some deity.

Good advice that. It's a sad day when people go around summoning wrath and such things upon their "enemies".

close! my point was "dont get under the feet of people who wont flinch if they step on you"
edit on 30-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

"dont get under the feet of people who wont flinch if they step on you"

Ouch! Point taken.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
When you are ready a teacher will appear...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

That's the thing through if our God is looking for a friend or possibly a companion or even equal given enough time the prospect of sharing eternity with the fellow seems ideal as long as there are also other souls to share out said eternity.

If however the fellow in question is looking for some form of indentured servant willing to blindly follow orders without thought, care or question then he/she/it is looking in the wrong place given humanity's apparent freewill.

I suppose through according to biblical lore God already had the latter in the form of his Angels. Then again one third of which apparently rebelled against Heaven in an attempt to gain there freedom or possibly the same free will we are allegedly furnished with?
edit on 30-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If aliens exist would they love game of thrones? Dumb topic.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I have a answer for you question. God is isolating himself from humanity. And here's the reason why in 2 bible verses.

Malachi 4

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

What's the problem?

Matthew 17

9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

After looking things over I realized this. John the Baptist wasn't supposed to die when he did. When Jesus Christ went to the temple and ran out the money changers the messenger and the messenger of the covenant were supposed to be with him.

Malachi 3
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

So what happened? The first century Jews triggered the curse in Malachi 4-6. And working it all out I found it's a really nasty one.

According to Hosea 6-2 the prophecy is that the Israelites and the Jews were to face a 2 day/2000 year curse. Followed by a one day/1000 year "day of Jezreel". Literally the world has been cut off from "God" until the end of the curse.

I would figure that there is approximately 10 to 15 years left in the curse.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
If aliens exist would they love game of thrones? Dumb topic.

the popularity of game of thrones stands testament to the reason no god would give a fart about us. we are inconsequential and finite and very very mired in our own little world. all it takes is boobs and blood and dragons to keep us entertained. at that rate, i would say any intelligent life out there is probably better off with us stuck on this rock.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thighs

Well there are times when I wonder if my parenting may have had a ill effect on one of my sons but I struggle with that because I don't seem to suffer the same ill .This whole entropy thing seems to have come into the laws at a certain time and are winding things down .I would seem to me to be as problem in evolution as a counter argument .There seems to be this notion of a paradise lost or changed . Genesis chapter 3 might explain it to a degree .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join