It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Contact in the Desert" for 3rd year. Will the answers be given there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
www.desertsun.com...

The four-day event, now in its third year, is one of the largest conventions of its kind in the United States, and easily the fastest growing. This year, Contact has nearly 50 lecturers and more than 2,000 attendees, with both figures doubling since the event began.

"This is the Woodstock of UFOs," said Marshall Klarfeld, an alien researcher from La Quinta who lectured at Contact for the third year in a row. "People come here, and they stay in tents … because they have basic questions. Who are we? Who is God? And where did we come from?"

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'd love to be there. That looks like a lot of fun.

They need some better looking audience members though. I hate to be shallow, but even Comic Con gets some lookers.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

It looks like the classic days of Buck Nelson's Spacecraft Conventions and Van Tassel's Giant Rock festivals. People would gather and just soak up ridiculous tales in the sunshine. The Giant Rock get-togethers were like proto-Woodstocks in the sense that weed would go round and, later on, even acid was taken. A lot of visitors would believe the stories of loving space brothers and that the speakers all had best friends from Venus, Clarion and elsewhere; the rest were there to party.

With times moving on, UFO conventions are more conservative and sober. Contact in the Desert won't be having any visitors getting high, but the list of speakers is very similar to the old days. We've got modern 'Contactees' and familiar big-names alongside some of the yarn-tellers of the scene.

With tickets going up to around $400 for the weekend, I'd be hard to please. There's only Nick Redfern, Yvonne Smith and Edgar Mitchell who appeal to me. Grant Cameron and Travis Walton maybe too.

The Montauk Chronicles movies gets its premier and that could be worth a look. Obviously it's founded on a garbage story from Bielek et al. Even so, it's won a science fiction award and might actually be a good film. The Montauk story was already a bit of a saga and read like a pot-boiler sci-fi novel with Nazis, aliens, monsters and time-travel. If they CGI this critter off the promo bumf, it could be fun.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I know those speakers for long. Everyone of them is unique in his area, and of course everyone of them has his human shortcomings.

I am not there, and I won't buy a ticket. Actually I know what they have in store to say, may be 80-90%. Everyone of you guys could have it for free by listening to their previous interviews online.

Disclosure process is not something new, officially it started in 2001 national press club conference in DC.

Whatever it is, it is better we get the truth now, in a partial Disclosure backed by officials, than to wait another 5-10 years that may prove disastrous delay. Some of us won't be around, to say the least.

Let we get what we have now. Sure we don't have it all at once. Sure the next decades will bring something more to humanity. But someone have to start it all. Hope that is our generation, our decade, this year. The waiting is just... impossible to bear. The worst disclosure news is better than no news.

edit on 30-5-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

A problem I see here is what exactly will they disclose? There are 40 or more speakers and nearly 20 different perspectives....that I know of.

Von Daniken believes in white, ancient astronauts (no brown faces could ever build a monument). Yvonne Smith goes for evil aliens. Ed Mitchell goes for good aliens. Nick Redfern suspects something malevolent and weird. Dolan and Schmitt are still being flamed for the Roswell slides hoax although Dolan's backing a breakaway civilisation with no aliens. Guiley's for djinn not aliens, Tellinger's for annunaki slave-masters in need of our gold. Wilcock's something like the next best thing to Jesus Christ and two or three others offer the classical, Contactee-style perspective of 'star-visitors.'

That's a lot of variety! Which disclosure is on the ball??

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
$400 a ticket? Man, am I ever in the wrong business....You couldn't pay me to have to sit and listen to 90% of those charlatains, though.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
$400 a ticket? Man, am I ever in the wrong business....You couldn't pay me to have to sit and listen to 90% of those charlatains, though.

I know right, $400. Money better spent on ATS me thinks?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Rather than looking at the individual trees, accept that something is in the air (of the forest). No one knows the real truth, and few would want to know the real truth, therefore, milder, more diverse explanations are offered. This is the makings of a new movement...an open-ended promise of things to come....

I hesitate to call it a religion, but it is a genuine belief in ETs here and now and superior to us. Whether they are kind or mean is still debatable to some folks, but the general intent seems to be clear. These folks, insane or crystal clear of mind want what the cosmos is offering, a new role for humanity above the rotten stench of everyday living as we now have it. Simply "escapism," you might say. Well, yes, for the thrill seekers among them, but if all are escapist of one breed or another, why not?

It is time for humans to move away from the inculcated old ways of humanity and seek new frontiers of thought. So regardless of what they come away with, they won't be entirely happy returning to ordinary life. And who can blame them? So are they losers or winners in envisioning a different if not "better" future for humanity?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Your post was hilarious. Yes, there are so many wild theories and (literally) out-there ideas, that going to hear them all at once might feel like something drug induced! A crazy trip, for sure.

Who are the notable absentees? Perhaps schedule conflicts happened, or maybe some were not invited, or chose not to participate. There should be a People Magazine-like source to help us sort the juicy details!! UFO Weekly?

Thanks for the very entertaining post.

edit on 30-5-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The $400's before the workshops, book sales, merchandise, food and drinks.

It's just escapism for a lot of attendees, but, yeah, some of the speakers are old-school hucksters and pan-handlers.

a reply to: AboveBoard

Glad you enjoyed it!

edit on 5.30.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Thanks for the thoughtful post. By and large, I agree with the sentiments in there.

I sometimes wonder if the escapism that some of us seek will be like the 'frying pan and fire' analogy. We want what's better and, perhaps, don't appreciate what we have? That's not aimed at you or anyone else in particular, it's a genuine train of thought that I frequently ride.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
www.desertsun.com...

The four-day event, now in its third year, is one of the largest conventions of its kind in the United States, and easily the fastest growing. This year, Contact has nearly 50 lecturers and more than 2,000 attendees, with both figures doubling since the event began.

"This is the Woodstock of UFOs," said Marshall Klarfeld, an ***alien researcher*** from La Quinta who lectured at Contact for the third year in a row. "People come here, and they stay in tents … because they have basic questions. Who are we? Who is God? And where did we come from?"

Sounds like a good way to get money from people bored of life and need collective sympathy and connection from like-minds.

**alien researcher**

The part I starred shows bull# at its finest. There are no aliens to research, so how can he be an alien researcher.

Or I'm missing something and this is very progressive work for thise involved

edit on 30-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm not too far away from that area visiting family (Palmdale)and last night we were outside chatting and I saw two back to back iridium flares in the direction of that area. I wonder if anyone there saw it too.

I see weird stuff almost every time I'm in this area, not sure how much of that has to do with Edwards AFB or not. I live in Vegas which is a hot spot in itself, but this place is definitely active.

BTW, I watch the sky a lot and I haven't seen a so called "iridium flare" since early 2012.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Isn't a science fiction award a bit of a disservice for a documentary?

I don't know what to think about this film, there's some good sci-fi in there for sure, but anything to do with Montauk makes my skin crawl after reading about the Montauk Boys and the umm.. specially powered chair.
I wonder if this is a strange coincidence or an inside joke - Montauksofa.com

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicRay
Isn't a science fiction award a bit of a disservice for a documentary?

If it were a documentary, yes, but my understanding is that, while it tries to portray itself as a documentary, it's still mostly unfounded conjecture, thus the science fiction award is fitting.

top topics

join