It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Schieffer retiring,has some interesting things to say about politics then and now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Bob schieffer has been in TV for years in America.He has done several different shows. But the one he is most known for is 'Face the Nation'.
He is now retiring and had some interesting things to say. I agree with him in principle,but I think he is saying it very lightly.He talks about Journalism and its current condition,as well as about Washington and how bad it has gotten. He is saying and I agree that by the time any candidate gets up there,they are so beholden to the lobbyists,that they can't capitulate at all on issues,and it causes major gridlock for our government.

He gives no solutions of course on what he thinks would be work to fix this,just says that something has to change. Either way I have my own ideas that I have put out there in other posts on what I think needs to be done.In summation,get the lobbys out of politics totally,and let a tax payer based pool finance their campaigns.

washington.cbslocal.com...

“I mean our campaigns have become, ‘I have more billionaires than you do so I’m a viable candidate.’ I don’t think that’s what the founders had in mind when they started this country,” he told “CBS This Morning.” “I don’t know where this goes, but I think something is going to have to change on that front because what we have now is people have to sign up with so many special interests before they get to Washington, that once they’re here they can’t compromise. And when you have a government and a legislative body that can’t compromise, you have what we have — a legislative body that’s in constant and total gridlock.”

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Term limits would help considerably. I don't think the Founders intended for people to stay in office for 30 years or for our Senators/Representatives to get rich while in office. Or to keep passing laws that we are expected to follow but they break at well. There's so much wrong with government today, I don't even think it can be fixed. It especially can't be fixed unless we, the voters, get educated and informed on the issues and the people running for office.

new topics

join