It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weather

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
in your u2u you said that your mate hates hot weather is this another link?

who knows does any1 else have this?

i will njow try tro research more on this to see if i can find other people who think they an then i wlll post back

do you guys think this is enough to start a new topic in the research forum?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ok so here it is:

www.williamjames.com...

just a little snippet of info but its a start i'llget back with some more info...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That site was long, yet informative and interesting.
Nice link

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hello,
There is alot of Sun out today, i might go outside and meditate and try to conjure a small storm or some winds. If i have any succes i will tell you all.
Dani

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
kool i think we should all try together like praying

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
hrm interseting maybe when he says energy hes talking about magnetic a direct link has been found between sunspots solar flares and a shifting jetstream so when ever we have bad weather (extreme) it is believed to come from the sun

Just curious where you came up with this? If this were true how would you explain the intense weather that occurs during solar minimums (times when solar activity is at a minimum) or calm weather seen during solar maximum (times when solar activity is at a maximum). Also, weather manipulation has been occurring for a while in the form of cloud seeding many lawsuits can be found in this area.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
lol i dont know the science sorry i got it from

www.earthchangestv.net...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well I see a vague 2 liner under the topic Evidence for Sun-Climate Link reported by UMaine Scientists. However, since i am not a subscriber I have no access to the article.

It is not secret that the sun affects weather, after all, all weather is derived from the basic concept that differential heating is what drives weather on the planet Earth. Now to say that Solar flares shift the jet stream seems extremely doubtful to me.

Now I will admit that I do not hold a P.H.D. in Atmospheric fluid dynamics or anything. However, I have been forecasting for over 8yrs and nothing in my training or studies would imply that a solar flare is the cause of extreme weather.

If you could copy and paste the article it may prove useful and I would be appreciative, but until then I will have to defer to my training and say that your statement is incorrect.

Thank you for your time and feedback it is most kind of you. Good luck with your search in finding people who can control weather.

PS: Once I was walking with my best friend in Berlin Germany (when I was a High School student) and a girl I really liked at the time. It began to rain and I was happy (she had white shirt) then my friend did something that shocked the heck out of me. He proclaimed to be Jesus and demanded that the rain stop and sure as heck it stopped within 2 seconds. Disappointed that the girl's shirt did not get soaked 8(

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes we could klain, focus our energies toward making storm clouds. Sounds good to me, we could start a new thread and have many people join in.
Dani

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Maybe you could arrange a group of likeminded people to try and conjure winds and storms? (Outside of the internet)

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
hrm im gonna start a research topic on this if i can

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok thanks Klain, by the way i believe Sunspots or something were mentioned earlier having certain weather/earth effects on our planet. Yes, this is true Sun spots and large amonts of radiation due to explosions on the sun seem to have alot of effect on our earth. It's something scientists are studying, you can hear about it on the news.
Dani

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Vesuvius 13]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
thanks for that post yeh i think i posted somthing on extreme weather due to sun spots i kepp saying that in so many other posts i think im becoming anoying

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
yeah I believe i also heard that the radiation or sunspots have certain effects on human consciousnesses, like giving grouchy moods or something. I have no idea where i heard that
, but i wouldnt be too surprised, its plausible, and probable!
This is a good discussion we should keep talkin lol!
Dani

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
yes we should if i can open the research forum we will discus a lot further

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sorry sun spots affect our techonological systems such as communications not our weather.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
they do because theres a direct link from them to solar flares let me just find somthing...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

read bottom paragraph

and another

www.sec.noaa.gov...

www.n3kl.org...

i admit not enough research here but im tired

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ok the first link only says how Solar winds are creating the Aurora and that long ago forecasts were made using the lights, but no evidence the solar winds affect weather.

"We now use more sophisticated methods of forecasting weather, but the there is some indication that the overall climate may have some link with the amount of aurora activity"

This does not say that solar flares affect the jet stream as you mentioned before or that they are tied into extreme weather. I agree that solar flares do affect the Aurora because this is basically common sense, more particles rubbing against our magnetosphere = more light effects.

The second link does not say anything to the effect that solar flares effect jet stream or cause extreme weather. I use this site at work all the time and it has everything to do with how communications will be affected by solar phenomenon not extreme weather.

The third does not support what you say in any way either.

I do want you to know that I appreciate your efforts. I would love for us to be able to control weather; it would make my job so much easier and reliable.

You do not know how frustrating it is to work your hardest and use all your knowledge and have just the same chance to be wrong as someone that looked at only one weather product and made a forecast.

I truly hope one day man will be able to reach out beyond his/her physical limitations and affect the environment around them without the use of technology.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying, but do you not think that it is even remotely possible that sun spots or w/e can affect our weather? You say that there is no proof that they cause any effects on our weather. I say to you, is there any evidence that sun spots DON'T have any effects on our weather??? Cool debate we got goin here, lol., as long as it stays peaceful and we dont start trying to maull each other like normal human nature!!!!

HaHa! Just joking!!

P.S. are u a meterologist fallout? (real question)
Best wishes,
Dani

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Vesuvius 13]

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Vesuvius 13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join