It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Conspiracy theories are a conspiracy to get positive people to dwell on negativity...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:31 PM
The nicest person can become depressed and angry with the world when reading about them.

"The evil illuminati elite are doing this..."

"The evil bankers are doing that..."

It gets people to keep their consciousness in negativity and to not notice all of the generous, loving, and helpful things people are doing to make the world a better place.

"You will always be a slave!"
"They control everything!"

This makes a person lose faith and become hopeless and depressed about the world. It doesn't inspire hope, faith, and love. It also makes evil/negativity seem superior to positivity/goodness (if evil really has all of this control).

It also causes people to hate those who believe in the power of prayer/faith, because they will be blamed for having a "slave mentality", for having patience, kindness, and forgiveness, and will be called a deceived "sheep". Meanwhile, it's the ones who lack faith/hope that truly feel hopeless inside.

Here is my advice:

Ask yourself, "does this information inspiring Hope, Love, and Compassion? Or is it inspiring hopelessness?"

What is the information/news story/opinion/theory trying to inspire within you? Anger, desperation, fear, and hopelessness or peace, hope, unity, and compassion? That's an important question. Find the "spirit" (/feeling/attitude) behind the information.

Stay in the "spirit" (state/attitude/feeling) of peace for a peaceful world. As Ghandi said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world". Try to keep your Consciousness pure with good things instead of negativity. Focus on what good things people do, and why you feel grateful for life. It isn't all bad.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:40 PM
a reply to: arpgme

Stay in the "spirit" (state/attitude/feeling) of peace for a peaceful world. As Ghandi said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world". Try to keep your Consciousness pure with good things instead of negativity. Focus on what good things people do, and why you feel grateful for life. It isn't all bad.

The World has passed the point of passive resistance.

We're at the point of having to use what is being used against us...force. It's the only language they understand.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:41 PM

noun: conspiracy; plural noun: conspiracies

a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
"a conspiracy to destroy the government"
synonyms: plot, scheme, plan, machination, ploy, trick, ruse, subterfuge; informalracket
"a conspiracy to manipulate the results"
the action of plotting or conspiring.
"they were cleared of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice"
synonyms: plotting, collusion, intrigue, connivance, machination, collaboration; treason
"conspiracy to commit murder"

noun: theory; plural noun: theories

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
"Darwin's theory of evolution"
synonyms: hypothesis, thesis, conjecture, supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presupposition; More
opinion, view, belief, contention
"I reckon that confirms my theory"
principles, ideas, concepts;
philosophy, ideology, system of ideas, science
"modern economic theory"
a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based.
"a theory of education"
an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.

con·spir·a·cy the·o·ry
noun: conspiracy theory; plural noun: conspiracy theories

a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

I hear what you are saying about being the change you want to see in the world but I think the title of the thread is a bit of a stretch.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
I actually think conspiracy theories make me feel happier. I have known of many of the discrepancies since I was a kid. My father and his brothers talked about many things, things that I saw evolve into reality over the years. They never let this knowledge get them down, there was nothing they could do about it anyway.

So why should we worry, if enough people know about something, they find a way to silently alter it and just call it new and improved. We make the same mistakes over and over, but the people making the mistakes believe they are smarter. I think we are getting dumber myself, more gullable. Have they actually done anything to fix the fresh squeezed orange juice? I doubt it but people probably think they have.

How many hundreds of scams have conspiracy theorists uncovered. But the thing is, if it is real than it is not a conspiracy so a conspiracy theorist cannot ever uncover a conspiracy, they can only expose coverups and corruption.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
I hear you OP, and feel your pain

not to worried about the theories though
its the facts that have me concerned

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:32 PM
a reply to: jude11

Violence brings violence, not peace. Your response demonstrates what I was trying to say. They want everyone to feel that way (opposition caused by themselves) to bring chaos and use that chaos for their own intentions.

How did those rulers get where they are? Through violence. Using violence will eventually bring the same problem just new faces.

There is a reason people are being taught that kindness (and forgiveness) is weak. It's to make people think "evil" violent behavior is more powerful than "good" peaceful behavior.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:44 PM
To me, recognizing conspiracy in the operation of those that that control us is a positive step in allowing the victims, (US) to see things for what they are, make alternate plans and avoid entrapment in the schemes and ploys that they utilize to keep us doing the work while they reap the benefits and plan for the next BS event that they will use to beat us down once again. They used to say that knowledge was power and I guess I fell for it.....

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:22 PM

Handy tool for the top dogs to point our thoughts in a different direction ?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:34 AM
You sound like a guard in a dungeon telling the prisoners they always dwell on the negative aspects of their life...

When the world becomes dominated by Negative Energy, telling those that identify that Negative Energy that they are just "downers" is pathetic...

At least some of us are trying to wake up the rest of the sheeple that are content to live in their gilded cage...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:41 AM
It does get overwhelming, but only if you let it. I remind myself very often that, For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭12‬ NLT)

And I am comforted by this:
When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. “Oh, sir, what will we do now?” the young man cried to Elisha. “Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” Then Elisha prayed, “O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!” The LORD opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire. (‭2 Kings‬ ‭6‬:‭15-17‬ NLT)

I do get down time to time but I'm blessed to have my family as a distraction from it all. They also keep me fighting for them.

edit on 30-5-2015 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2015 by Observationalist because: Removed fluff

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:43 AM

More and more I tend to agree.

Much what we hear in the media is just info-bombs to blow our minds and break spirits. I'm starting to ask myself - "Does this impact my daily life?" "Does it help me?" If not, I skip it.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:48 AM
a reply to: coastlinekid

And waking people up means getting them to see the world as a prison? Sounds like a mission to disempower people and make them feel desperate and hopeless.

The world is not "dominated" by negative energy. There are many people living happy lives. There are charities, peacemakers, and people who care for nature. A lot of positive things are happening in the world.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:50 AM

I see what you're saying and when dealing with most conspiracy theories you have a point. However, sometimes the information you're dealing with is actually the truth and the truth isn't always pleasant. Sometimes it's down right awful. But it's still the truth. Sometimes bad things do happen to good people and sometimes life can be very unfair and unjust.

It's important not to get caught up or overwhelmed especially with theories. But when you're dealing with facts and those facts are sometimes negative, ignoring them or pretending they don't exist won't make them become untrue.

I do agree though that it's helpful and beneficial to seek out the good in life rather than the bad when possible. But things aren't always good and you still have to deal with them also.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:57 AM
a reply to: mOjOm

By saying "conspiracy theories", I wasn't trying to say they are false. My point was more about how it gets people to see the world with a negative bias (that's why I also mentioned news stories).

Yes, there are negative things that are true; but there are also positive things that are true too. I'm not talking about denial, I'm talking about being biased to seeing all of the advancements and positivity of the world rather than being biased to seeing negativity all the time (or the majority of the time).

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:06 AM
I have been lost in the negativity but now also think that ignoring negativity altogether is just as bad. We need accept both good and bad to realize the truth.

edit on 30 5 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:22 AM
in order to solve a problem, first one must noe what it is

the trick is to separate the shizzle from the shinola in the data stream
(to that end kicking things about at ATS is as good a way as any, and better then most)

"nothing is good or evil, only thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
edit on Satam5b20155America/Chicago51 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:39 AM
I've been pondering a similar question. I need to back off the internet, i think, and be in a happier mood. ATS feeds me, but i'm full.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:41 AM

All I meant by Conspiracy Theory is that they are Theory. My point was mainly just not to get caught up in something that may not be true.

Other than that I actually agree with you. Focus on the positive rather than the negative. Create positive and the negative will start to go away on it's own. Rather than fight the evil you create the good.

Focusing on the bad stuff so as to fight against it creates more bad stuff. Create good stuff and the bad won't have room to grow is what you're saying in a way, right???

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:54 AM
Plenty of positive energy sprays from my gun.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:10 AM

I agree with you OP....
can be a bit depressing, realizing your slavery and how much better your life would have been if all these scumbags didn't screw us all over,for a buck...

top topics

<<   2 >>