It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Help The Homeless? Feed The Hungry? $400 Permit Needed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes you read the title correctly. Want to help people who are in need? $400 please.

You see, the government isn’t going to just LET you go out and feed hungry folks. Nope. Like pretty much ANYTHING else in this country, that will require a permit, and permits aren’t cheap.

Because no good deed goes unpunished, Cloud 9 recently had the government show up at a charity event and demand they pay over $400 for a permit in order to continue their work.

Indeed, being homeless – and feeding the homeless – are now considered crimes in many U.S. cities. And Tent cities have been bulldozed by order of governments – right in front of residents – who have nowhere else to go.

With a collapsing economy and abysmal employment statistics, the number of homeless and hungry Americans is likely to increase, unfortunately.

www.activistpost.com...

Anything for a buck Mr. and Mrs. Govt... Is this what we have truly become? I wouldn't doubt the scenario of a riot squad called in if there were enough people refusing to pay for permission to help those in need.

Shame on us for allowing it to become this way due to our own lack of balls to fight back and say no.

Jude

edit on 29-5-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Outrageous! You have all these generous people giving of their time and donations to help these people and the damned government is going to charge them money? They should be ashamed of themselves! I don't know how they sleep at night doing such things!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I think the homeless will be the first ones sent to "educational camps" in
the near future. This is not good and it is sad,there are so many people
going hungry and homeless.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Outrageous! You have all these generous people giving of their time and donations to help these people and the damned government is going to charge them money? They should be ashamed of themselves! I don't know how they sleep at night doing such things!

They sleep on beds stuffed with our money.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Anyone, anywhere, who obeys an unjust, unlawful ordinance that violates the constitution, common law and common sense is an enabler of evil.

You simply phone them up, and tell them Under NO Circumstance! And that you are but an employee, time to learn that factoid. You never obey or follow bad orders. This is what it means. Following bad directions from your minion managers/politicians, military generals who give orders to bomb civilians and children, anything that is wrong. You don't follow a judge's bad orders but tell him, he's but your employee and rogue and you don't stand under him/her.

This is what it means.

If everyone doesnt go out and start handing out food to the homeless in their faces, then you know, the Darkness is moving in. Good comes in when you do good, Evil comes in when you do evil. You're betraying your own children.

It infuriates me, when I keep reading a new "law" has been passed. This or that. But its not true. All things that violate constitution according to Supreme Court and International Law are null and void, they don't exist. No law has been passed. Hot wind from a psycho passed your ear, and please ignore it. That is the legal case of the matter.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Feed the hungry and give the homeless the shirt off your back, these are basic tenants of the Christian faith. Can they charge you $400 for following your Christian faith to offer charity?

Would they charge you a fee when you give that spare change to that homeless person that really seemed in need regardless of religious beliefs?

The homeless may hold a sign or ask you for anything you can spare, but the government demands it with threats and intimidation. The government will shake-down anyone in the streets like organized criminals enforcing their protection racket.

They should be allowing you to follow your constitutional right to exercise your religious beliefs, free of charges. I even dare go farther and say that, in cases of charity, they should be offering help, no strings attached.
edit on 29-5-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: clarification

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I seem to recall that when Jesus gave his lecture to house the homeless, clothe the naked (Brazilian beaches take note), and feed the hungry, he charged a fifty buck admission charge.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Of course they don't want people giving free food to the homeless and hungry. If those people get free food, they are less likely to turn to the food stamp program.

Why would the government want people on food stamps?

Because:

Food Stamps: JPMorgan & Banking Industry Profit From Misery

This week’s credit check: A record 43.6 million Americans are using food stamps. JPMorgan’s segment that makes food stamp debit cards made $5.47 billion in net revenue in 2010.

You might think that if you’re on food stamps, big banks won’t be very interested in you. What could they possibly want with someone who’s struggling just to put food on the table? But it turns out that you’re actually part of a profitable business for big bank JPMorgan. While the money to pay for the stamps comes from the government, the technology to access it lies in private hands. Food stamps used to be literally stamps — that is, pieces of paper — but in this day and age paper is so old fashioned. Now you get your food stamps with a debit card, and JPMorgan knows all about creating plastic credit products.

edit on 5/29/2015 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

What kind of horrible people come up with ideas like bulldozing tent cities, charging to feed the homeless and making homelessness a crime? I understand having a boss that tells me that I have to force someone to get a permit or that it is my job to bulldoze a tent city, but who is coming up with these ideas in the first place? They need to get in touch with their feminine side or something.

I've been close to being homeless before despite being a college graduate (which doesn't amount to much these days). Sometimes, life just makes things hard.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I don't understand how a company could make $5.47 billion just by printing off food stamp cards and handing them out, even if it involves some computer work.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I don't understand how a company could make $5.47 billion just by printing off food stamp cards and handing them out, even if it involves some computer work.

Corruption, plain and simple...just like most of the problems our world is facing.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Oh man this is really going to get ugly......What kind of hate and intolerance are those in charge trying to spread ?

This is stupidity at its finest......

What for me is even scarier is that this story will disappear and people will focus on stuff like drawing Mohamed cartoons outside a mosque......WTF is wrong with people...?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

While SNAP is a federal program, USDA and the states work together to administer the program. States contract with banks, who authorize payments (Electronic Bank Transfers or EBTs) from the Federal Reserve to retailers. J.P. Morgan Chase has contracts in half the states. In New York, one seven-year deal originally gave the bank $112 million for its services, but was recently amended to add another $14.3 million.

Each month, JP Morgan makes between $.31 and $2.30 for every single person on food stamps (and that does not even include things like ATM fees, etc). So JP Morgan has a vested interest in seeing poverty grow and the number of people on food stamps increase. But JP Morgan doesn’t just handle food stamps. JP Morgan also issues child support debit cards in 15 states and unemployment insurance debit cards in 7 states.

Of course JP Morgan is not the only big bank involved in this kind of business. Several others are also making money in massive quantities on the backs of the poor. Northrop Grumman, better known as a defense contractor, oddly has multimillion dollar contracts with Montana and Illinois. Affiliated Computer Services (a Xerox subsidiary) runs 13 state systems and Fidelity National Information Services has another 11.

And how are the food stamps paid for?

Borrowed money, ie government bonds which are sold through JP Morgan and yes they take their cut, billions per year.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I think the homeless will be the first ones sent to "educational camps" in
the near future. This is not good and it is sad,there are so many people
going hungry and homeless.

maybe FEMA camps are for the poor, and unwashed...."out of sight, out of mind"

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There are many who speak up for cleaning up neighborhoods and not having this problem around their businesses.

Have ZERO sympathy for their whining. If you don't want to create a wonderful world of equality minus slavery, where people have homes and access to resources and volunteer on other people's projects, ie read businesses, not forced to, an upgraded world, but actually endorse and maintain hellish dog eat dog systems of slavery, and then think you can sweep people under the carpet out of sight. SORRY MAN, WEAR IT, WEAR THE CRAPOLA YOU SUPPORT. Its your mind being revealed.

Its like your own personal little storm cloud over your head showing how you're still an asshat and haven't passed the earth tests yet.

You get to see the work of your opinions and political stripes and lack of heart, mind and soul with real people, real suffering shoved in your face day and night. You get to wear your hell. And no, you don't get to sweep under the carpet.

SO CHANGE AND BECOME GOOD. So no one is homeless or forced into slavery. Upgrade your minds and souls.

But sweep away your mess, not on my watch. Wear the problem.
edit on 30-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Yes you read the title correctly. Want to help people who are in need? $400 please.

You see, the government isn’t going to just LET you go out and feed hungry folks. Nope. Like pretty much ANYTHING else in this country, that will require a permit, and permits aren’t cheap.

Because no good deed goes unpunished, Cloud 9 recently had the government show up at a charity event and demand they pay over $400 for a permit in order to continue their work.

Indeed, being homeless – and feeding the homeless – are now considered crimes in many U.S. cities. And Tent cities have been bulldozed by order of governments – right in front of residents – who have nowhere else to go.

With a collapsing economy and abysmal employment statistics, the number of homeless and hungry Americans is likely to increase, unfortunately.

www.activistpost.com...

Anything for a buck Mr. and Mrs. Govt... Is this what we have truly become? I wouldn't doubt the scenario of a riot squad called in if there were enough people refusing to pay for permission to help those in need.

Shame on us for allowing it to become this way due to our own lack of balls to fight back and say no.

Jude

Feeding the homeless is now made a crime. But if you pay $400, the local authority will give you authorization to commit that crime.

Isn't that called bribery, or extortion? It's both, actually.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Anyone, anywhere, who obeys an unjust, unlawful ordinance that violates the constitution, common law and common sense is an enabler of evil.

For the first time in a long time, I agree with you.

If I wish to help someone out with a meal, I will do so. Send me to jail...don't care. When I get out, I'll do the same again.

I've done it in the past, I'll do it in the future.

Bread cast upon the waters...

Golden Rule.

Our would be overlords have, apparently, forgotten these simple little rules.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

More than a little truth to that I fear...

But only if we allow it. That's the problem, however; we're so apathetic that we may just allow it to happen...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The people we put into office. Who else? Ultimately, it's our own fault.

Time and past for us to come to that realization. Until we do? Welcome to Orwell's vision...
edit on 5/30/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
thank god i just volunteer and clean the floors and toilets at the local shelter daily food bank
i ever get fined for that
they will get paid in trade

funny enough here, they just took away the "last months rent" check they were giving out to the homeless could get a room with first and last paid, to keep landlords happy.
the landlords could take that and then kick the homeless out for no reason and keep the money, and then re rent the room for the month....which is why they no longer hand that check out.

now there is a bunch that should get fined
them that MAKES the HOMELESS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join